IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 3:53pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 17,570

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In what is a rather strange turn of events, the preview pages of Lost Light #5 posted before were not pages 1 through 3; but in fact pages 2 through 4. For reasons not quite clear - possibly an uploading error on iTunes' part - only pages 2 through 4 appear on iTunes' website without Page 1. However, Twitter user Lucrecia Souviron reports that when she downloaded the preview to her iPod, page 1 showed up. While we'll try to get a clearer image later, enjoy Lucrecia's screenshot of the true Lost Light #5 Page 1 below - which notably includes the two panels James Roberts had previously tweeted - along with the three pages previously newsed and tell us what you think of this strange turn of events in the forums.

Transformers News: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

Transformers News: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

Transformers News: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

Transformers News: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview

Credit(s): Lucrecia Souviron Twitter


This article was last modified on Thursday, April 27th, 2017 4:02pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877771)
Posted by Kurona on April 27th, 2017 @ 3:56pm CDT
So, uh, yeah; this is weird.

I did kind of have my doubts before - Nightbeat and Rung's conversation having no lead-in especially with James Roberts' tweet; Rodimus being electrocuted seeming an odd way to start the issue for reasons I can't quite explain - but I didn't quite expect this. Mistakes happen I suppose; nice to see that the issue is built much more competently than I previously thought. All my previous criticisms - at least in regards to this particular issue - go out the window :)
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877798)
Posted by Deadput on April 27th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CDT
When is Lost Light actually going to go back to the Lost Light?

Probably going to take 10 years to finally reach the knights at this pace.

Will Rodimus actually grow up and will we get character's who don't joke in every other line?

Are we getting Milne back you know an actually good artist?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877799)
Posted by Kurona on April 27th, 2017 @ 5:35pm CDT
Deadput wrote:When is Lost Light actually going to go back to the Lost Light?

Probably going to take 10 years to finally reach the knights at this pace.

Will Rodimus actually grow up and will we get character's who don't joke in every other line?

Are we getting Milne back you know an actually good artist?

We're going back to look at the Lost Light in a few issues as confirmed by Roberts, Rodimus' character is actually growing and Lawrence is a fine artist. I can understand why many feel his art style doesn't fit the book (a lot of people have said it's a bit too cartoony for the tone of the comic; I disagree with it myself but the criticism does make sense) and I can certainly understand preferring Milne for the comic, but in what way is Lawrence's art bad? Because personally I'm seeing some gorgeous lineart. Well, gorgeous lineart a little obscured by the image quality because iTunes previews do that for some reason; but gorgeous lineart nonetheless.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877823)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on April 27th, 2017 @ 6:53pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Deadput wrote:When is Lost Light actually going to go back to the Lost Light?

Probably going to take 10 years to finally reach the knights at this pace.

Will Rodimus actually grow up and will we get character's who don't joke in every other line?

Are we getting Milne back you know an actually good artist?

We're going back to look at the Lost Light in a few issues as confirmed by Roberts, Rodimus' character is actually growing and Lawrence is a fine artist. I can understand why many feel his art style doesn't fit the book (a lot of people have said it's a bit too cartoony for the tone of the comic; I disagree with it myself but the criticism does make sense) and I can certainly understand preferring Milne for the comic, but in what way is Lawrence's art bad? Because personally I'm seeing some gorgeous lineart. Well, gorgeous lineart a little obscured by the image quality because iTunes previews do that for some reason; but gorgeous lineart nonetheless.


could be worse, idw could be letting Livio Ramondelli ruin this book, the way he's ruined so many others.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877829)
Posted by SureShot18 on April 27th, 2017 @ 7:10pm CDT
I'll admit something has felt off to me but I figured it was just that this is the first arc I've read issue by issue and not in a set of 5 books in a volume. I still really enjoy LL and Issue 3 was excellent in particular.

I'd argue that Lawrence is a little too cartoony for the tone of the book but he still has really good art. It took some getting used to but I like it.

Should they get back to the LL ,deal with the mutineers, and continue the quest? Absolutely but I've always seen MTMTE/LL as a book mostly for the characters and exRID/TAAO/OP as the plot based books. And besides, if they finished the quest where would my favorite TF fiction be?

They have thrown a lot at us since the re numbering but in due time all of the loose ends will be tied up. I can wait a while for that too, keeps continuity and shows that there are plans in place for the future.

We'll all know whether this arc has been useless or not in due time. And I'd bet it won't be useless at all. Some consider Swearth to be the bottom of the barrel and I actually like it but I also read it in the volume format.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877836)
Posted by Deadput on April 27th, 2017 @ 7:28pm CDT
Kurona wrote:We're going back to look at the Lost Light in a few issues as confirmed by Roberts, Rodimus' character is actually growing and Lawrence is a fine artist. I can understand why many feel his art style doesn't fit the book (a lot of people have said it's a bit too cartoony for the tone of the comic; I disagree with it myself but the criticism does make sense) and I can certainly understand preferring Milne for the comic, but in what way is Lawrence's art bad? Because personally I'm seeing some gorgeous lineart. Well, gorgeous lineart a little obscured by the image quality because iTunes previews do that for some reason; but gorgeous lineart nonetheless.

I was exaggerating about going back to the lost light but I'm still annoyed that apparently confirming Rodimus and Co being obviously not dead and introducing more pointless oc's like Anode cluttering up the story is more important then Getaway and the Lost Light.

Roberts can't write character progression without resetting it most of the time like bringing Rewind back from the dead or copping out on death for important characters, Rodimus reverting to spoiled child every time he does something responsible and leader like.

Lawrence is a good artist himself it's that that his art would be more suited to more light hearted stories that's what I mean.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877843)
Posted by Kurona on April 27th, 2017 @ 8:04pm CDT
SureShot18 wrote:I'll admit something has felt off to me but I figured it was just that this is the first arc I've read issue by issue and not in a set of 5 books in a volume. I still really enjoy LL and Issue 3 was excellent in particular.

I'd argue that Lawrence is a little too cartoony for the tone of the book but he still has really good art. It took some getting used to but I like it.

Should they get back to the LL ,deal with the mutineers, and continue the quest? Absolutely but I've always seen MTMTE/LL as a book mostly for the characters and exRID/TAAO/OP as the plot based books. And besides, if they finished the quest where would my favorite TF fiction be?

They have thrown a lot at us since the re numbering but in due time all of the loose ends will be tied up. I can wait a while for that too, keeps continuity and shows that there are plans in place for the future.

We'll all know whether this arc has been useless or not in due time. And I'd bet it won't be useless at all. Some consider Swearth to be the bottom of the barrel and I actually like it but I also read it in the volume format.

Another fan of Swearth! I thought I was the only one; and that all others existed only in myths and legends of the old world lost to time.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877849)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on April 27th, 2017 @ 8:37pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Another fan of Swearth! I thought I was the only one; and that all others existed only in myths and legends of the old world lost to time.

Swearth was self-indulgent, incredibly silly, and arguably didn't add a great deal to the overall story, and I won't have a bad word said against it [-(
Personally I love that MTMTE/LL can have that kind of farsical fun whilst driving home some really solid emotional character points. Swearth fans unite!

Regarding the art I definitely prefer Milne's but Lawrence has done a fantastic job overall, in fact in this preview I feel it's easily as strong as Milne. The "cartoonish" idea is thrown around a lot and I see where people are coming from but I think I have however figured out where my (minor) personal issues lie: its the big boys. Most small or regular-sized bots I've no trouble at all with, but to my eye Lawrence seems to draw bigger bots- Megs, Magnus, and their ilk- in a slightly squatter, softer, less imposing way (the panel in issue 1 of Magnus on stage boring the newbies to death springs to mind). Particularly considering many of these can be the more stoic bots among the cast, this can feel a little jarring.
I'm no artist so I couldnt tell you whether this is down to a stylistic choice, having space in the panels, or even just perspective messing with my perception of them, but I think that's personally what's throwing me off slightly.

Also to quell some fears, Roberts mentioned recently in a podcast (Soun.wav cast I believe?) that after this arc wraps up, we're going to have a brief story on Troja Major, which has been name-dropped a few times in the comic but never significantly, and then back to the Lost Light by I think Autumn/Winter time this year.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877878)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 28th, 2017 @ 1:17am CDT
I don't read the comics, but this looks good, like, really good. Time to actually read something and not refresh the same page over and over again.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877882)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 28th, 2017 @ 2:04am CDT
I have actually been enjoying Lost Light more than some of the issues of MTMTE. I feel like they have improved by using a smoother writing style that is easier to follow than some of MTMTE was. I always got lost with those time tavel arcs and sometimes when they did several arcs an issue it messed with my brain. I keep saying I should re-read the older issues now that I am not under a time crunch to do so but I sometimes don't feel like boggling my mind over again. I am probably just being lazy because I do enjoy the characters and I know once I get started I will enjoy it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877905)
Posted by Big Grim on April 28th, 2017 @ 7:04am CDT
ricemazter wrote:Meanwhile, in just these 4 issues of LL, we've gotten so many new plot points to deal with, and it's infuriating that none of them are related to the quest or the Lost Light Mutiny.

None of it is related that we know of. If there's one thing Roberts has been good at, it's laying down little pieces of information that become relevant at a later point.

SG Roadbuster wrote:could be worse, idw could be letting Livio Ramondelli ruin this book, the way he's ruined so many others.

Harsh. I personally believe Ramondelli has come on leaps and bounds since his early work.

SureShot18 wrote:Some consider Swearth to be the bottom of the barrel and I actually like it but I also read it in the volume format.

I like Swearth for what it was. It was interesting and led somewhere. It was quirky, which is something I love about MTMTE and now LL. And gave us so many awesome holo-matter avatars. (Megatron and Rodimus in particular!)
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877955)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on April 28th, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:could be worse, idw could be letting Livio Ramondelli ruin this book, the way he's ruined so many others.

Harsh. I personally believe Ramondelli has come on leaps and bounds since his early work.

that is true i suppose. it used to be runny diarrhea, now its a solid, healthy turd.
nothing destroys my enthusiasm for an issue of a Transformers comic than seeing Ramondelli's name in the art credits. IDW has a stable of amazing artists. Lawrence, Milne, Su, Burcham, Coller, Durocher, Stone, Griffin, Guidi, Sakamoto, Zama. and so on. I dont understand why they keep letting Ramondelli ruin books. at this point i'd rather see Pat Lee or Rob Liefeld doing art.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877979)
Posted by Kurona on April 28th, 2017 @ 11:03am CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:could be worse, idw could be letting Livio Ramondelli ruin this book, the way he's ruined so many others.

Harsh. I personally believe Ramondelli has come on leaps and bounds since his early work.

that is true i suppose. it used to be runny diarrhea, now its a solid, healthy turd.
nothing destroys my enthusiasm for an issue of a Transformers comic than seeing Ramondelli's name in the art credits. IDW has a stable of amazing artists. Lawrence, Milne, Su, Burcham, Coller, Durocher, Stone, Griffin, Guidi, Sakamoto, Zama. and so on. I dont understand why they keep letting Ramondelli ruin books. at this point i'd rather see Pat Lee or Rob Liefeld doing art.

Honestly, thinking of Lee or Liefeld's art makes Ramondelli seem like heaven to me...
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1877981)
Posted by Big Grim on April 28th, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
Kurona wrote:Honestly, thinking of Lee or Liefeld's art makes Ramondelli seem like heaven to me...

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1878192)
Posted by Quint on April 29th, 2017 @ 11:27am CDT
The sheer volume of exposition is getting ridiculous. Poor writing. So often characters are standing around explaining the plot, and in this preview they're even doing it in a supposedly perilous situation.

Why couldn't we discover the key's obsolescence at the same time as the council?

Even if that revelation is a fake out, I'm sure that will probably unfold off panel too.

I'm actually at a point where I'm hate reading this comic.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1878766)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 2nd, 2017 @ 2:54pm CDT
Hey y'all, I apologize if this has been touched on already but I had a thought and decided to put it here. I accept boos and booze as payment for not reading through the thread entirely.

So, I agree with Scotty P's supposition that something will happen to Terminus (probably the only reason they brought him back, to be honest) which will cause Megatron to fly into a rage, probably killing most people sans the Rod Pals, and potentially bring him back to his old ways, thus complicating their inevitable return to the standard universe.

But what if Megatron decided to stay in the Functionist universe?

This is, of course, assuming he has some sort of psychotic and/or character break. But think about it: the Functionist doctrine is reigniting his original principles and philosophies. The populace is already in a subjugated mindset, making a transition to a new, "cleaner and freer" way of living an easy one. Megatron could easily justify it as needing to guide these people into a new way of living (after exterminating the Functionists, of course), seeing it as essentially a clean slate version of Cybertron. The war never happened here, and neither did the atrocities he committed. In this way, he would return to the despot he's classically been, but in his mind be completely justified in doing so. It's also a way for the writers to bring back "evil Megatron" without just saying "graaaggghhh he's evil now for some reason *coughcoughhasbrotoldustocoughcough* buy more toys plz" and potentially adds some interesting stories when Prime others find out.

If this is the wrong place for this kind of post, I apologize and would appreciate a redirection. If not, thoughts?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1879560)
Posted by Kurona on May 5th, 2017 @ 5:55pm CDT
On his Twitter account, comic artist and More Than Meets The Eye regular Alex Milne has tweeted his cover for Lost Light #6, set to release next month as the conclusion to the Dissolution storyline. Check out the cover and the inked version below!

Image

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1879564)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 5th, 2017 @ 6:05pm CDT
Whilst it's obviously a very busy (and gorgeously detailed) pile of gears, I don't count more than twelve of individual faces or pairs of hands.
...have we just had our first look at the (partially transformed) key to vector sigma?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1879571)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 5th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CDT
That cover. =P~
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #5 fixed Preview (1879583)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 5th, 2017 @ 7:44pm CDT
aside from the overly human looking face. this is a very awesome.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Used Commander Class-Series 2" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Transformers Optimus Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY