Transformers News: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator

Thursday, May 21st, 2015 2:29AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,180

Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688280)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 21st, 2015 @ 2:36am CDT
As horrible as it sounds, I don't thin G2 colours would've suited the mold. And at least they didn't pull an FoC bruticus where the only good domestic colour scheme was available through a convention exclusive for a while. In short:
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688282)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 21st, 2015 @ 2:54am CDT
I'm not too keen on the purple chrome, but I love the additional paint apps or decals that this version has compared to the regular release. Overall it looks great!
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688283)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 21st, 2015 @ 2:54am CDT
Looks like SDCC Devastator got the Hasbro Leader Jetfire treatment. Chrome that isn't needed and that no one asked for. I will not be heartbroken if I miss out on this set. What I REALLY want to know at this point is what Takara's paint scheme will be for United Warriors Devastator. Then I'll know which version in which to invest. I'm kind of hoping Takara focuses on a perfectly screen accurate colored gestalt mode for Devastator, then I can also get the Hasbro version (whether retail or SDCC) for a second set to display the individual Constructicons in bot mode. The Hasbro versions already seem to have fairly screen accurate decos for the bot modes (give or take a few embellishments from the original toys or compromises for the sake of the vehicle or limb modes), but Devastator's gestalt color layout suffers a bit for it.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688284)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on May 21st, 2015 @ 2:57am CDT
The box is awesome, but the pics I've seen of them together and separate aren't good sellers for me, even looking at long haul alone is a horrible figure. Now I do like the height of this devastator,but everything else I don't like, so im gonna stick with my green giant 3rd party.
It sucks because I wanna like this, but i cant
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688287)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 21st, 2015 @ 3:16am CDT
Tsutsukakushi wrote:
shajaki wrote:I'll drop my feelings about CW Devy here..

Right off the bat, I have TFC Hercules whom I love and suits my needs almost perfectly. But this isn't a 3P versus Official debate, since I buy 96% of whats officially released whether I "need" it or not. Case and point: I have Intimidator but am still committed to Hasbro AND Takara's Menasor.

Devastator and the Constructicons he's composed of are very important to me. I'm willing to make certain concessions to accommodate an official Devastator even if it means he's a stand alone piece. Scrapper is my favorite, and when I saw Hasbro's I almost pooped myself.

His headsculpt is a thing of beauty. Very strong sculpting on the torso. But then his arms are strange, stubby, and awkward. And while his legs look decently supportive, the knee joints look barely connected like the rest of the Constructicons limbs.

So it was asked, who's buying this intending to display him un-combined? Well... I was. This doesn't mean I won't be buying HasTak's Devastator, it just means it will be with less vigor than some fans. :-?

If they do, they'll have to make them either extra tight or ratcheted.

I suspect one of the reasons the designers made the arms non-articulated is to provide stability in gestalt mode. Since CW Devastator's overall design follows the G1 toy, those arms are supposed to be his "ankles", meaning they have to be strong enough to support half of Devastator's total weight.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688289)
Posted by RhA on May 21st, 2015 @ 3:21am CDT
So... That's a nice box, isn't it? Oh yes.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688293)
Posted by prjkt on May 21st, 2015 @ 3:41am CDT
looks like they pulled a Metroplex here, same basic deco, just extra shiny and a nice box.

Would be nice, but the cost, and the shipping cost, here would be far too much
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688294)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 21st, 2015 @ 4:03am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Tsutsukakushi wrote:Think it's inevitable that a Third party will create replacement arms. With articulated elbows and wrist.

If they do, they'll have to make them either extra tight or ratcheted.

If Mastermind Creations can create a combiner joint that requires me to stick a screwdriver in there to get enough leverage to move the joint*, somebody can make tight enough elbows for Scrapper to support Devastator's weight. Maybe give it some clips for complete straightness. I fully believe this is possible while fully understanding why Hasbro probably couldn't budget that into the figure.

*(even if that absurd tightness turned out to be a manufacturing defect, as I found out when I disassembled him and compared him to the other leg)
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688296)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on May 21st, 2015 @ 4:37am CDT
for stay at home fans. Don't think this is worth the hassel of stalking the Hasbrotoyshop web site waiting for SDCC convention exclusives online ordering day.

Prefer the the regular Titan Devastator box better than than the SDCC box.

Don't think the chrome is needed and looks odd. Similar to the Chrome applied on 30th leader Jetfire.

If SDCC prices are anything to go by from past years. Speculating the chrome applied on the toy with special box. Will make the SDCC version cost $30 plus more than the regular release version.

Wondering if Hasbro over charges fans for SDCC exclusives on purpose. So they can donate the excess amounts to charities.

Since Amazon, BBTS and Toysrus sell all the bigger recolors as exclusives. Think this is where a potential Titan G2 Devastator toy will go. Maybe as a shared exclusive.

Can see a rerelease of SDCC Devastator a year later become a Toysrus Platinum toy. With slightly less dull chrome. Like Platinum FOC Bruticus.

Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688298)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 21st, 2015 @ 4:45am CDT
Tsutsukakushi wrote:Since the toy is so big and pricey. Don't see the possibility of any other less desirable colors variations. like doing Diaclone or Shattered glass colors.

They charge more because they're smaller product runs but they pay a flat rate per run, so the unit cost comes out higher. That's why all exclusives are more expensive.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688305)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 21st, 2015 @ 6:00am CDT
Va'al wrote:Courtesy of the Planet Iacon Facebook page, we have our first look at an additional San Diego Comic con Hasbro Transformers exclusive, in addition to the Kre-O story we posted yesterday. Feast your eyes below on the big, green, lean, shinin' machine that is SDCC/STGCC Generations Devastator. Taste the purple chrome, and the gigantic box. What do you think, a definite improvement, or unnecessary premium? Let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Need a new set of boxers! Chrome? wish it's in places like the original G1 fig. Can't wait for the TT version! :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688309)
Posted by Demonology7789 on May 21st, 2015 @ 6:15am CDT
cool as hell box but then I would have to keep the box
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688313)
Posted by shajaki on May 21st, 2015 @ 7:02am CDT
I'm not a chrome hater, but I'm quite disappointed that its not G2 yellow. :-(
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688315)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 21st, 2015 @ 7:16am CDT
Definitely cool and all, but a massively missed opportunity. G2 Devastator, hello?

I want to see a price first before committing. That is one hella nice box, and I'm a friggin' goldfish when it comes to shiny objects. Plus, better paint apps.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688324)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 21st, 2015 @ 7:53am CDT
This is Ultimate Optimus Prime all over again. Minimal (if any) changes and a new box. No wait, this is Generations Metroplex again: added chrome and a new box. No real further changes. :lol:
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688330)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 21st, 2015 @ 8:16am CDT
Link isn't good anymore. I wonder if they were asked to pull it.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688332)
Posted by Henry921 on May 21st, 2015 @ 8:20am CDT
Assuming that's around the same $150 Metroplex went for back at SDCC13, then I'll definitely bite if it's on HasbroToyShop.
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688333)
Posted by megatronus on May 21st, 2015 @ 8:21am CDT
That looks like metallic purple to my eye. Maybe other pics make the chrome more obvious.

At any rate, I LOVE that box. :x
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688349)
Posted by itscramtastic on May 21st, 2015 @ 8:56am CDT
Purple chrome! I never knew I needed that on Constructicons until I saw the images.

Maybe purple fists too if we're lucky?!
Re: In-Package Images - Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Generations Devastator (1688370)
Posted by MemphisR56 on May 21st, 2015 @ 10:11am CDT
Some additional paint apps in there too.

Seems like a new painted silver border con insignia on top of Scrapper's canopy. Bonecrusher now has Black tracks with painted yellow treads instead of being all yellow. Some additional silver in the middle of the chest armour. Additional purple on the thighs / Longhaul's legs.

Might be interesting to get a good comparison shot going, probably worth waiting for better images before we write this off as a pass. Seems like there's a little more going on here than meets the eye :roll:

I'm actually pretty interested in this one, the purple chrome looks classy; but owing to the fact that shipping and customs will seriously dump on me for this, or a takara relase of this mould, I think I'm gonna have to just go with the vanilla hasbro version. :BANG_HEAD:
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 40%
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Dinobot Slash" on AMAZON
You save: 33%
You save: 22%
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
You save: 22%