Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric

Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric

Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 6:14pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 16,181

Back in January we reported that Scalextric would be releasing a slot car set in the United Kingdom based on the upcoming Transformers Movie. Not much was know about the set until now. Transformers @ The Moon has posted an interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric. In the interview Chandler talks about the slot car set. You can read the interview here.

Credit(s): Transformers @ The Moon

Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97067)
Posted by Venomous Prime on April 24th, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
I want one..I haven't had a slot car set in a long time
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97150)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 24th, 2007 @ 8:15pm CDT
The track better have a loop. It's ALL about the freakn' loops.
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97889)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 25th, 2007 @ 8:45am CDT
Sounds like a neat set! If the price is right here in the states (if we get them), then I'll pick one up. I just wish they would transform on the track, and not be needed to be removed to chnage them from bot to alt mode (or vice versa).
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97892)
Posted by Swerve on April 25th, 2007 @ 8:48am CDT
The track could transform into Omega Supreme.
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97912)
Posted by Brakethrough on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:00am CDT
Swerve wrote:The track could transform into Omega Supreme.

If I remember my childhood correctly, the track usually transformed into things to hit your brother with.
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97919)
Posted by Swerve on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:07am CDT
Brakethrough wrote:
Swerve wrote:The track could transform into Omega Supreme.

No, you're thinking of those orange tracks that interconnect to make Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars do loops and things. Those were designed for beating each other with and leaving nice red marks.
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97921)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:07am CDT
I just used a hammer.

I want a slot car set. I doubt this will be the one to get me back into them though. Normally stuff that has movie tie-ins is basic and to the point.
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97922)
Posted by Brakethrough on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:09am CDT
Nightwatcher wrote:I just used a hammer.

Are you an only child now, by any chance?
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97941)
Posted by omega wing on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:29am CDT
Any info that comes my way will be passed on i work for a shop that sells scalextrics
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (97946)
Posted by Exulted Unicron on April 25th, 2007 @ 9:32am CDT
I'd like a TF scalextric...slot car tracks are fun
Re: Interview with Paul Chandler of Scalextric (98545)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 25th, 2007 @ 6:58pm CDT
Pricey. If its going to be a 40 pound set, then Aussies and Kiwi's are looking at about $120 which is about the same as the Bathurst 1000 set (If any of you dont know what Bathurst is, you can no longer say you are a Car racing fan).

Sounds like the track might be tougher to navigate than your average set, hairpins, chicanes, even split roads. I hope it is smaller (in general size) than the Bathurst set is, not many people have a spare 9m x 3m area to set up their track

I hope it is compatible with my other Scaletrix/AFX sets!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 43 Voyager Class Age of Extinction Movie KSI Bos" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Crankcase Action figure BRAND NEW & SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 27 Clunker Bumblebee MISB Hasbro Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 27 Clunker Bumblebee MISB Hasbro Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS03 Crowbar Figure Toy New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS. POWER CORE COMBINERS CRANKCASE WITH DESTRONS BOX SET  FIGURE" on EBAY