Minor new forum functionality for everyone

Minor new forum functionality for everyone

Saturday, May 15th, 2010 12:48pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Auctions
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 49,072

When you edit your profile now, you'll see a couple of new options.

1. eBay User ID Want to share your eBay auctions with your fellow Seibertronians? Just enter your eBay User ID exactly as it appears on eBay. We'll include a link with your posts that goes directly to your eBay auctions when you have items available. This will let people view your eBay auctions directly from Seibertron.com.

2. Allegiance Let your fellow Seibertronians know where your allegiance lies! Choose from Autobots, Decepticons, G2-Autobots, G2-Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, Vehicons, GIJoe, Cobra, and many more! This was an old fan-favorite feature that we lost a few years ago after a forum upgrade.

Next time you post on Seibertron.com's Energon Pub forums, you'll see these options display in our slightly modified topic post display.

Have fun and enjoy your weekend!

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 15th, 2010 12:50pm CDT

Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074761)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2010 @ 2:41pm CDT
Now people won't mistake me for an Autobot! Well... No one really guess... :lol:
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074775)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 15th, 2010 @ 3:34pm CDT
Yay!
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074779)
Posted by Editor on May 15th, 2010 @ 3:41pm CDT
Thanks for getting the allegiance icons working, and I'm sure that the eBay links will be great for some people. But Ryan, (and sorry for harping) could you please spend a bit of time on the HMW issues? At least give the staff access to the back-end so they can work on it as I am sure you are swamped.

Thanks.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074840)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2010 @ 8:10pm CDT
I AM A MAXIMAL! *punch* :-B 8)
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074866)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 15th, 2010 @ 10:33pm CDT
as u can see, I love seibertron!!!! (& cybertron too). Heck, I've been here a million years!!!!!

thx for update Ryan!
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1074974)
Posted by primal primus on May 16th, 2010 @ 10:15am CDT
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075093)
Posted by Highbeam on May 16th, 2010 @ 7:20pm CDT
Sweet! 8) Nice update!
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075133)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 16th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075135)
Posted by Seibertron on May 16th, 2010 @ 9:49pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:The allegiance is pretty awesome! I'm very glad it's back, but the Blendtron icon is the worst color :-(

What do you think is a more appropriate color? I'm open to suggestions!
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075142)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 16th, 2010 @ 10:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

What do you think is a more appropriate color? I'm open to suggestions!

personally i think either red or a darker orange would look good

and personally I've never been a fan of the pred symbol bein yellow.

i like that color for it better
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075373)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 17th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CDT
Name_Violation wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

What do you think is a more appropriate color? I'm open to suggestions!

personally i think either red or a darker orange would look good

i like that color for it better

For the Blendtron logo, I'd be ok with either a much darker yellow, dark teal, or burgundy.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075392)
Posted by Amelie on May 17th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075600)
Posted by steve2275 on May 18th, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
thanks
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075937)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 19th, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

What do you think is a more appropriate color? I'm open to suggestions!

personally i think either red or a darker orange would look good

i like that color for it better

Ron?

Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1075983)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 19th, 2010 @ 9:15am CDT
Amelie wrote:Ryan, would it be possible to totally ape the G1 Tech Specs across the top with a line graph instead of being at the side, or is that too much work?

I like the sound of this suggestion, but I'm pretty sure it would be an arse to work out on his end. I like the number system.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1076042)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

It's pretty trivial to a programmer like me. What I could use help with is how to make it look good. If we've got any graphics guys out there that want to do a few mockups of how this could look, I'm open to suggestions. I don't want the left hand side of our posts to get ridiculously long. Maybe the Beast Wars style would work best. I dunno. Open to suggestions.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1076048)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 19th, 2010 @ 1:46pm CDT
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1076055)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I just had the thought that the G1 bio cards on the back of the boxes could fit pretty nicely in the area used for signatures at the bottom of the posts. I mean, I don't have a signature, I don't know html enough to do something with that and I don't have any artist buddies (transformer artist buddies anyway). It could be made so that there's an option for members to go with their own sig-pics or whatever, or they could have bio-cards instead, it would free up room on the left and it really wouldn't change too much with everyone's bio. As the picture that's usually in the bio cards they could have the faction symbol instead, and then they fill in the motto, tech specs, weaponry, and short profile. Of course that's all easy for me to say, I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea as to how difficult something like that would be to work up.

I get your idea ... I'm just not sure that would look the best in the forums. If I do something, I'd probably just do it ala the HMW style with the bars representing the number.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1076059)
Posted by Editor on May 19th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote: If I do something, I'd probably just do it ala the HMW style with the bars representing the number.

If it does anything to help HMW, then I'd support it.
Re: Minor new forum functionality for everyone (1076067)
Posted by Amelie on May 19th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT

Heres a test card. If I had the exact dimensions I'm allowed to work with, I could produce something a lot better, but I've just knocked this up whilst waiting for me tea to cool down. It would fit along the top, leaving the side bar space to be used for other posting factora.

The color can be decided by the faction chosen, and we'd still know who was Seibertronian, Maximal or Decepticon ect. Not to mention that the boxes are obviously drawn up by PHP, rather than an actual graphic.

If anyone has anything else in mind, I'll knock up some quickies for that too!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY