MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl

Transformers News: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl

Monday, March 24th, 2014 11:11PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 23,140

The Images of Masterpiece Bumblebee just keep coming. Shogo Hasui is up to his twitter shinanegans again tweeting a size comparison between upcoming MP-21 Bumblebee and MP-17 Prowl. The image shows how the size of these two figures compare in robot mode with Bumblebee coming to just under Prowl's chest. Check out the image for yourself.

Transformers News: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui Twitter
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559957)
Posted by rockman_fan on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:13pm CDT
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559959)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
I'm sure BB is a decently chunky scout. MP Prowl as far as I know is like a larger deluxe, about a head taller.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559960)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CDT
rockman_fan wrote:so, how tall is he in terms of standard classes? is he like deluxe, or voyager sized?

Roughly Deluxe:

Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559961)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:34pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Roughly Deluxe:

That Deluxe BB is one of the shortest deluxe tfs ever, so I wouldn't consider MP BB deluxe sized:

But yeah, he does match classics BB's size well.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559964)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:49pm CDT
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559965)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:51pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Huh, that's funny. This is the first time I've seen a Prowl toy bigger than Bumblebee. This should have happened already. >:oP
Which Prowl toys were smaller than their respect toyline-mated Bumblebees? Universe Prowl, for instance, was taller than Classics Bumblebee.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559977)
Posted by Rated X on March 25th, 2014 @ 12:29am CDT
The alt mode scale is officially screwed...

Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559978)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2014 @ 12:39am CDT
Rated X wrote:The alt mode scale is officially screwed...
It already was, ever since Starscream wasn't the size of Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. :P
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559984)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 25th, 2014 @ 1:44am CDT
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1559993)
Posted by Amelie on March 25th, 2014 @ 4:12am CDT
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560009)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT
And the internets rejoices?

No, not quite...pretty lukewarm though?

(I'm dancing inside, btw :DANCE: )
So, this makes the exo suit Rumble or just slightly bigger size, as I think someone already guessed?
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560011)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:42am CDT
I think once we see a group shot with BB colored standing with the rest of the autobot cars in ROBOT MODE it will look great. Alt mode scale probably will be off, but let's wait and see.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560015)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:59am CDT
Why does bumblebee's head looks like Unicron?
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560016)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2014 @ 8:01am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Why does bumblebee's head looks like Unicron?
Cuz Unicron ripped off Bee's look. :P
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560034)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 25th, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Why does bumblebee's head looks like Unicron?
Cuz Unicron ripped off Bee's look. :P

So you agree than? good! thought it was only me
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560039)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on March 25th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
okay he can give prowl a blowjob while standing on his feet...
the runt of the litter...
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560050)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 25th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Why does bumblebee's head looks like Unicron?
Cuz Unicron ripped off Bee's look. :P

So you agree than? good! thought it was only me

You should see the head Bumblebee had in the early issues of Don Fig's run of the idw Ongoing comics, it would have made Unicron shit his pants.

kirbenvost wrote:Well, now I'm a little bit bummed. :( I knew he'd be small but I thought the vehicle mode would be closer in scale to the previous MPs. Oh well, I'm sure he'll still be a really nice figure, and I am actually looking forward to the Exo-suit.

The same thing that's been said since MP 10, from now on the MP line is based on cartoon bot-mode scale. Alt-mode scale has no input on this, sure some manage to be damn close, but BB was always going to end up like this since he was tiny in the show.

Amelie wrote:Wouldn't a rear spare tyre get in the way of the licence plate? Probably why you rarely ever see them there ;)

I've seen one once parked in the city. It had a chrome contraption that held the wheel in place, and the license plate was below the wheel.

But I haven't seen a VW Käfer with a rear-mounted wheel since, there are rear-mounted luggage holders you could get for it. And those are pretty common. What you gotta keep in mind is that the Käfer was the "people's" car, it was cheap and well-made which was the reason for it's popularity. And people have been using it for all kinds of things, I don't think it's unlikely at all that some might have put an extra spare tire on the thing for longer riskier trips and sold the contraption for that to others.

But I did find this:
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560056)
Posted by megatronus on March 25th, 2014 @ 10:20am CDT
I'm currently underwhelmed. But as always, I'm sure the color reveal will restore my faith & excitement.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560062)
Posted by shajaki on March 25th, 2014 @ 10:29am CDT
thats pretty small lol... but its proper scale with the other bots. and him being that small doesnt nessesarily mean the bug mode will be out of scale with the other cars. it is MP engineering after all. maybe im dreaming, but im willing to hold out on vehicle comparison shots before i get all bent out of shape.
Re: MP-21 Bumblebee Size Comparison with MP-17 Prowl (1560063)
Posted by Seibertron on March 25th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
Amelie wrote:So... now it looks likely the alt-mode will be totally out of scale with the other MPs anyway - would the cartoon-accurate super-deformed look still be so bad anyway? ;)

It's interesting seeing people being frustrated about the potentially out-of-scale alt mode, which thankfully they adhered to with the very undersized jet modes of the Decepticon jets and the absurdly oversized cassette deck mode for Soundwave.

I'll gladly take a cartoon accurately scaled Bumblebee with an "out-of-scale" alt mode than an absurdly tall Bumblebee with an in-scale VW Beetle alt mode.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Skullitron The Last Knight TRU Exclusive Brand New Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Timelines Botcon 2006 Waspinator - Time Remaining: 18 days 1 hour 34 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME vs MEGATRON Heroes LEGENDS Cybertron Convoy MINICON - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 3 Megatron Voyager Class DOTM Movie Dark Of The Moon T3V02 - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 17 seconds
3 Changing Style Transformers Titans Return Voyager Blunderbuss & Broadside Toy - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 3 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-07 Starscream ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 6 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-11 Arcee ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 7 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-13 Medic Knock Out ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 7 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017