New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking

Transformers News: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 4:43AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,881

Via one of the sources of Transformers news on Weibo, NOTRAB, we have something new popping up regarding this year's big splash figure in the Generations line as Power of the Prime: the Titan class figure Predaking!

The image, mirrored below, shows the combined form of the Predacons - Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage, Torox, and Razorclaw - and seems to suggest that there will be a live handling of the toy for WeChat users this weekend. We will find out more then, and post any news that might surface from the event! In the meantime, take a look at Chong Yunxia's photography work - does it make the figure appeal more or less to you?

After using the piecemeal time to finally finish the person with a few words, this time, another routine: Chong Yunxia's picture will be released in @ Hasbro Transformers, some of the toy play experience and chat will be published in Wechat public number [ Hasbro Transformers] time is set for this Saturday night, welcome everyone to watch ~

Credit(s): weibo NOTRAB
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1947714)
Posted by AlphaBass on March 23rd, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
Is it wrong to simply want a black and white colored Predaking?
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1947783)
Posted by kurthy on March 23rd, 2018 @ 2:44pm CDT
AlphaBass wrote:Is it wrong to simply want a black and white colored Predaking?

Black and white, yes, that's wrong. Black and gold or black and purple would be preferable.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1947817)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 23rd, 2018 @ 5:58pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
AlphaBass wrote:Is it wrong to simply want a black and white colored Predaking?

How about a little bit of black and a lot of gold? We can call him predabling ;-)
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948078)
Posted by william-james88 on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:37pm CDT
The fan base seems to have mixed feelings regarding the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking. He seems to be missing some important features like the spiked knuckles and a sword. However, he also has a well proportioned robot mode and seems quite poseable as well as intimidating. And if Devastator is anything to go by, this will be a fun toy to build up and pose.

Well, to give you as much info as possible regarding this toy, we have a lot of new images showing him in natural light. This is a demo copy but the colour layout and deco should be the same as what you will find in stores when he comes out. We have both shots of the combined mode in the wilderness and images of the individual Predacons in both beast mode and robot mode, which are sure to raise a lot of questions regarding Rampage's face (or lack of). We finally see why Divebomb has such an odd beast mode with a head that is much lower than it should be. It is because the large backpack contains both the combine wings and the combiner torso. We also learn about the hand storage in the feet, which is a neat feature.

The toy is slated for a summer release and should be around the $150 price point (depending the retailer). Let us know what you think of this toy and if these images change your mind about the toy, either positively or negatively. These images were found on WeChat and the Official Transformers Weibo page.

Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948080)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CDT
Rampage's beast mode has quite the, erm... waste disposal exit, there.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948081)
Posted by william-james88 on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Rampage's beast mode has quite the, erm... waste disposal exit, there.

He has problems in robot mode too

Also, I do not know what is the female version of the word "phallic", but I would use it for what that prime master looks like.

Lastly, I dont know how to feel about this guy. The transformations on some of these look even simpler than the G1 toy (which did not reuse the same limbs between modes for most of them). And the toys dont look as good or as intimidating. This Tantrum's beast mode pales in comparison to the original.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948085)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:23am CDT
This...

This is creative engineering. That does mean Divebomb carries the lion's share of the excess Predaking bulk.

P.S. Note the "D-75" sticker, referencing his Japanese ID number.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948087)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:39am CDT

On one hand, much like Devastator, he has an awesome combined mode that looks awesome, even if, unlike Devastator, he doesn't have a weapon.

On the other hand, the individuals are atrocious, ridiculously so. Not a single one of the predacons looks any good in either mode. They had so much more potential than what they got, it's really sad.

And while I appreciate the engineering on divebomb, actually having parts of him form the back and torso and arm of Predaking in an effort to keep Razorclaw the same size... they should have just made a larger Razorclaw. that attempt to keep him normal sized has killed the individuals (well, it affected 4 of the 5, and the 5th doesn't appear to have a face, soooo.....)

So yeah, I will not buy this at retail price. Devastator? Would have gotten him at full price instead of a Christmas present if I could have. Metroplex? too soon into my collecting, I had to get him from ebay. Fort Max? No to normal price, lackluster. Trypticon? yes to full price, but had to wait. This guy, not at all. Shame really, cause the Con titans have been the real kickass titans
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948088)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:50am CDT
Man, this is so painful to witness; this is titan class predaking, this article should have been the highlight of my year, but all I can see is a butchered abomination of lackluster potential, and can only feel apathy and disgust towards it like I do towards the last jedi; which is a serious shame b/c this should have been my toy of the decade as I have always loved predaking :(
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948090)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:08am CDT
:x
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948092)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:12am CDT
I think what made Devastator work so well was that it was designed to be a Masterpiece set but was scaled back slightly and released in Generations. Whereas Predaking was designed to be a Generations set from the start but then scaled back. Sure Devastator has a slight advantage with six figures to spread out into but everything was done rather well with every part having a place.

The Constructicons were five voyagers and one roughly ultra/new leader. So why aren't the Predacons five ultra/new leader figures to help disperse the kibble instead of five voyagers? They're already messing up the scale by making the set a titan release when compared to Predaking's now two rivals
of Sky Lynx in the form of Sky Reign/Lynxmaster and Volcanicus. So why not make the individual figures larger to try to work that kibble in better by making it part of their mass and not just pieces hanging off awkwardly? That's a lot of kibble to work with and it could've been incorporated better into each figure.

The combined mode looks good regardless, if not somehow a little off, and I guess that's what they were going for. I'll get it because of that but I'll wait for a sale. It's just that I won't like switching them into robot and beast modes anywhere near as much as I like breaking down my UW Devastator into his components. It's really tempting to have multiples of the Constructicons just because they're so good in all their modes.

I'd much rather Predaking be a standard CW style combiner than a unique Titan. It's what I want in my collection more. That way we could've gotten Omega Supreme, Scorponok or better yet, Raiden as the next titan instead. Tantrum and Headstrong are already similar enough so they could've been retools or reshells as deluxes just as some of the Dinobots are. Divebomb could've used Swoop as a base just like Cutthroat. Rampage and Razorclaw would then be original figures from anything else or heavy retools of other figures somehow. Maybe Rampage from Sinnertwin lol. I don't know how the wings would've worked though unless they made large enough wings on the Swoop base mold that Volcanicus, Abominus and of course, Predaking would've had wings. I couldn't care less about G1 Predaking not originally being a Scramble City style combiner like some people do though. If I wanted everything to be just like G1, I'd never have sold mine again.

I waited a long time before deciding to buy a third party Predaking, finally deciding on Unique Toys Warlord. I just couldn't pass it up at $100. I was rather happy until a day or two later when we learned about Hasbro's upcoming Predaking and I started to regret my purchase as Warlord was being shipped out to me. Then I didn't worry about it so much when I found out Predaking was going to be a titan class set. Now I'm really not regretting my purchase.

I missed out on Metroplex originally hoping to snag one from Costco but forgetting to. However, I got one a month or two ago from Ebay for $160 minus the missile and Scamper who I already had. That's roughly the going rate for titan figures now including tax so I more than didn't mind as I was planning to get the Takara reissue at $250 anyway. I liked the look of Devastator so much I preordered the Unite Warriors version. For Fortress Maximus I got the SDCC version. Trypticon I waited for one of the 50% off sales on Amazon that were reported here. Not because I didn't like him but because going by the sales Devastator and Fort Max had before him, I knew the same would happen for Trypticon. Coincidentally, he came in the same day as the Metroplex from Ebay which was a very happy day for me lol. For Predaking though, as I already mentioned, I'll be waiting for a sale. Just this time it will be because I'm not that enthused by it.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948096)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 25th, 2018 @ 2:45am CDT
i could point out what is wrong with it but i wont because overall its awesome and looks pretty good
and i cant wait to have one of my own ;)^
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948097)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 25th, 2018 @ 2:57am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:This guy is more starting to annoy me more than anything the more pictures we get.

<!-- ia0 -->giphy-downsized.gif<!-- ia0 -->
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948099)
Posted by DMSL on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:33am CDT

I think the set would have been better if Razorclaw was a Leader class figure and had Predaking's legs incorporated inside him. There is simply no excuse for Divebomb's hideous beast mode.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948100)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:38am CDT
I will say... seeing the fists plug into the feet... makes me feel better about the missing spikes on his fists. But I still think the lack of a sword (Vitorion recolor or otherwise) is a missed opportunity, or a cheap shot for an SDCC/HasCon set.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948101)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:40am CDT
DMSL wrote:The more i see the less i like this figure. It seems a very rushed design with all the combiner parts just hanging down their backs.

The problem with upscaling Razorclaw is the fact they're trying to maintain the same robot scale for all the preds (which they had in the original).

As far as Divebomb is concerned, I think it's rather creative way to solve the "Long Haul" problem. Sure the beast mode looks a little weird, but the bot mode is clean. It's also better than I'd assumed Razorclaw basicall eviscerated himself and was going to be super hollow, spreading the torso love around is going to make for a much more *solid* figure.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948102)
Posted by Qwan on March 25th, 2018 @ 4:10am CDT
Personally, I'm extremely worried about how hollow (and potentially flimsy) Predaking's legs are going to be, looking at these images and the way it seems like Tantrum and Headstrong transform into legs. Not only do his entire shins seem to be held together by a pair of tiny tabs in the middles (at the individuals' hips) meaning they could collapse backward with a light breeze, but the lack of mass on the backs makes it look to me like Predaking's center of mass is actually going to be behind those joints and the ones in his ankles. I hope my analysis is wrong, but this does not seem at all safe or stable to me. Doesn't look that great from a lot of angles either...

That said, his combined mode and Razorclaw's robot mode (and only those) do look overall cool and nicely-proportioned. They seem powerful but still lithe, befitting their predatorial nature. If I end up somehow finding this for a low enough price - like 50% off kind of low, considering he'll be a good $250-300AUD+ around here - I might pick it up. But a Devastator-level, home-run, instant-buy Titan combiner, he certainly is not for me.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948110)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 4:54am CDT
To everyone their own (due to budget constraints) but I keep hearing everyone talking about waiting till these hit 50% (was the same story with the Combiner War sets). Don't you think that *this* behavior is part of what gets the box sets cancelled? Or end up with situations where folks miss out on the velocitron set because "oh it'll be around later"?
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948112)
Posted by mentre83 on March 25th, 2018 @ 5:33am CDT
The combined mode isn't so bad, even if it's missing the spiky knuckles.
The single components... meh. I'm quite fond of Divebomb, while the others don't convince me.
Maybe the problem this time is too much screen accuracy... a shame they didn't model the whole pack on their less blocky "Call of the primitives" appearance.
Re: New Image of Transformers Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking (1948113)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on March 25th, 2018 @ 5:49am CDT
High quality images of a low quality toy. I couldn't wait for Hasbro's Predaking but after seeing those beast modes there is no way I'm gonna drop my hard earned money on that abomination. Look what they did to poor divebomb, that's supposed to be a bird? Slap some wheels on it & it looks more like a train car with wings. It looks like it's meant to be a piece of Energon Omega Supreme.

This is where Hasbro loses money to the 3rd party companies & the 3rd party companies lose money to the KO companies. Because I'm totally satisfied with Jinbao's oversized Ferel Rex.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked