New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode

New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode

Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 1:37pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,085

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Takara Tomy has posted a new manga on their site. This continues the story that started in the Generations Selects Star Convoy manga. The links to the pages are below. What is interesting here is that we see two features that the Super Megatron toy will most probably possess (I say that only because we have yet to see stock images confirming it). Firstly, we see that he has two faces with different insignias on his forehead. But more importantly, we see the tank mode which takes influence from the Ultra Megatron design. This would explain the tank threads found on the toy and we can see what lies inside the cannon when the front is folded back.

Here are the links:

https://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/490 ... -vol01.pdf
https://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/490 ... -vol02.pdf

And here is an image of the tank.

Transformers News: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2058950)
Posted by Albatross250 on April 2nd, 2020 @ 1:52pm CDT
The fusion Cannon can fold into a Triple Turret for his tank mode, also the Fusion Cockpit cannon is a new mold, too.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2058956)
Posted by Skritz on April 2nd, 2020 @ 2:09pm CDT
Image
And people still think Super Megatron wasn't the main inspiration for the Animated Megatron! Add facial 'hair' and the resemble become uncanny.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2058968)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 2nd, 2020 @ 3:19pm CDT
No base mode pics in what has been shown so far tho megatrons cockpit might not work as well as galvatronus in fan base mode.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059008)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2020 @ 4:57pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:No base mode pics in what has been shown so far tho megatrons cockpit might not work as well as galvatronus in fan base mode.
Why would Super Megatron have a base mode? He's only a Voyager and never had one in the original Return of Convoy fiction.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059012)
Posted by Skritz on April 2nd, 2020 @ 5:11pm CDT
Meh, base modes are always goofy anyway. Anything can be called a 'base mode' with enough kibble fudgery and space to put Micromasters! :lol:
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059031)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 2nd, 2020 @ 9:58pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote:The fusion Cannon can fold into a Triple Turret for his tank mode, also the Fusion Cockpit cannon is a new mold, too.


Close, the triple cannon is a separate piece that "hides" inside the main cannon in both Super Megatron modes it looks like. In the Ultra Megatron modes, the piece detaches and is placed on the back of the cockpit for Tank Mode, but I can't really tell where on Robot Mode.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059043)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 3rd, 2020 @ 4:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:No base mode pics in what has been shown so far tho megatrons cockpit might not work as well as galvatronus in fan base mode.
Why would Super Megatron have a base mode? He's only a Voyager and never had one in the original Return of Convoy fiction.


Why wouldn't this figure have one? Unless the new tooling has made the nerfed the old toys extra mode. Plus the Manga with these figures usually shows off the extra weird modes (like overlord weaponosing himself with another overlord) and even with the new tooling, not much of a mode is considered base modes on titan returns figures which this is based off. Plus ultimately this is not a return of convoy fiction super megatron, just a homage (and at that an undersized one if he has supposed to be the same size as star convoy in the original fiction.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059058)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2020 @ 8:29am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:No base mode pics in what has been shown so far tho megatrons cockpit might not work as well as galvatronus in fan base mode.
Why would Super Megatron have a base mode? He's only a Voyager and never had one in the original Return of Convoy fiction.


Why wouldn't this figure have one? Unless the new tooling has made the nerfed the old toys extra mode.
What? Dude, Titans Return Galvatron didn't have a base mode.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059274)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 4th, 2020 @ 5:30pm CDT
And here's the translation of the manga:

Comics: Translations of "Generations Selects" Super Megatron Comic courtesy of BWTF.com

One slight oddity, in that Turtler/King Poseidon was never referred to as a Godmaster. Maybe he meant surpassing the Godmasters in terms of power.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059308)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2020 @ 11:49pm CDT
Okay, so, that flashback at the beginning is actually showing something we've only ever been told about but have never actually seen: The sealing away of Unicron within the Triple Z Point.

Evidently, before he was sealed here, he tried to revive himself with a new body made from his minions (who all resemble Ark Unicron from United and the Sparkbots from Kiss Players Position), and with his new body being based on his upcoming Planet Class toy.

This newly-written return of Unicron after G1 Season 3 but before his being sealed within the Triple Z Point may now actually shed some light on something that was mentioned multiple times in Beast Wars Neo but which was never given an actual timeframe: When Unicron took a bite out of Planet Dinosaur, home planet of the Predacons' ancestors. Originally, this event would've had to have been assumed to have occurred at some point before TFTM since Unicron was in his Planet Mode body when he bit Planet Dinosaur. But now, with this story showing Unicron attempting to come back in a new planet-moded body during 2011 before his being sealed away in the Triple Z Point, that opens the door for the possibility of Unicron biting into Dinosaur at some point in 2011 before he was sealed away.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059334)
Posted by Munkky on April 5th, 2020 @ 11:27am CDT
I'm a bit late to the party with this announcement, but Super Megatron looks pretty good. I was originally going to buy the Siege Voyager to replace my old Combiner Wars Leader as my main collection display Megatron, but I think I'll get this one instead.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059792)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 7th, 2020 @ 10:45pm CDT
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059797)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 7th, 2020 @ 10:55pm CDT
G1 Optimus reading the Covenant of Primus aboard the Ark

Blue Big Convoy

The Primus Vanguard featuring a whole host of crazy cameos

Black Megatron cameo

The Alpha Matrix and the Silver Matrix striking one another

A flash forward to the Cybertron Alliance plus Artemis and Moon

Ultra Megatron Omega

Primus himself!!!

A whole hoard of Seacons

Primacron with what look like some primitive Beastformers


WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059799)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 7th, 2020 @ 10:59pm CDT
All the curve balls... 8-}

The return of the Primus Vanguard, last seen in Magna Convoy's storyline is unexpected... but apparently having blue is a prerequisite. I spot:

- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise
- Sky Claw redeco of Prime Legion Smokescreen
- BWII Dirge
- MP Bluestreak
- Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack
- TR Blurr
- T30 Brainstorm
- SonicBlue Bumble
- Siege Holo Mirage
- G1 Blue Bacchus
- Prime Hot Shot
- G1 Rumble
- a blue redeco of TR Sky Shadow?
- G1 Tracks
- G1 Dirge
- G1 Soundwave
- Straxus

And Lucky Draw Primus makes a return.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059804)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2020 @ 12:15am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise

I'm really surprised they went with Energon Omega Sentinel when Magna Convoy's ship was also the Astrotrain mold. I guess they wanted to go bigger.

Emerje
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059811)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2020 @ 12:58am CDT
Not only did we get a new look at Selects Super Megatron from Takara Tomy Mall but we also got another two part web manga furthering the story of Star Convoy versus Super Megatron and all his forms (the first part came be read here. To say there's a lot going on in this installment would be an understatement, it's almost overwhelming! To help make a little sense of what's going on I'm going to enlist a bit of help from Seibertronians JelZe GoldRabbit and Sabrblade from the forums further down below the images to help explain some of who and what we're seeing.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Sabrblade wrote:G1 Optimus reading the Covenant of Primus aboard the Ark
Blue Big Convoy
The Primus Vanguard featuring a whole host of crazy cameos
Black Megatron cameo
The Alpha Matrix and the Silver Matrix striking one another
A flash forward to the Cybertron Alliance plus Artemis and Moon
Ultra Megatron Omega
Primus himself!!!
A whole hoard of Seacons
Primacron with what look like some primitive Beastformers

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The return of the Primus Vanguard, last seen in Magna Convoy's storyline is unexpected... but apparently having blue is a prerequisite. I spot:

- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise
- Sky Claw redeco of Prime Legion Smokescreen
- BWII Dirge
- MP Bluestreak
- Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack
- TR Blurr
- T30 Brainstorm
- SonicBlue Bumble
- Siege Holo Mirage
- G1 Blue Bacchus
- Prime Hot Shot
- G1 Rumble
- a blue redeco of TR Sky Shadow?
- G1 Tracks
- G1 Dirge
- G1 Soundwave
- Straxus

And Lucky Draw Primus makes a return.


And it all ends with a big "to be continued". Just when you think these manga can't get any crazier they find new ways to outdo themselves. As always let us know what you think of these new pages in the Energon Pub forums!
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059812)
Posted by Skritz on April 8th, 2020 @ 1:11am CDT
So, what are your bets people: next one is God Neptune set?
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059813)
Posted by LordBludgeon on April 8th, 2020 @ 1:13am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:All the curve balls... 8-}

The return of the Primus Vanguard, last seen in Magna Convoy's storyline is unexpected... but apparently having blue is a prerequisite. I spot:

- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise
- Sky Claw redeco of Prime Legion Smokescreen
- BWII Dirge
- MP Bluestreak
- Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack
- TR Blurr
- T30 Brainstorm
- SonicBlue Bumble
- Siege Holo Mirage
- G1 Blue Bacchus
- Prime Hot Shot
- G1 Rumble
- a blue redeco of TR Sky Shadow?
- G1 Tracks
- G1 Dirge
- G1 Soundwave
- Straxus

And Lucky Draw Primus makes a return.



I was very curious who that red white and blue Sentinel Prime character was/is myself.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059814)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on April 8th, 2020 @ 1:21am CDT
LordBludgeon wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:All the curve balls... 8-}

The return of the Primus Vanguard, last seen in Magna Convoy's storyline is unexpected... but apparently having blue is a prerequisite. I spot:

- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise
- Sky Claw redeco of Prime Legion Smokescreen
- BWII Dirge
- MP Bluestreak
- Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack
- TR Blurr
- T30 Brainstorm
- SonicBlue Bumble
- Siege Holo Mirage
- G1 Blue Bacchus
- Prime Hot Shot
- G1 Rumble
- a blue redeco of TR Sky Shadow?
- G1 Tracks
- G1 Dirge
- G1 Soundwave
- Straxus

And Lucky Draw Primus makes a return.



I was very curious who that red white and blue Sentinel Prime character was/is myself.

I think the head is Ptero's.
Re: New Manga Featuring Generations Selects Super Megatron Shows Third Mode (2059817)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 8th, 2020 @ 1:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:- an Omega Sentinel redeco of TR Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime, with a head I don't recognise
- a blue redeco of TR Sky Shadow?

We can't quite see them close enough to make out the alt mode kibble for certain, so I could be wrong, but isn't the "blue Sky Shadow" the Legends Dai Atlas from last year?

Also, Emerje pointed out that the Primal Vanguard ship was also Astrotrain mold, so I went back and looked at it's previous appearance out of curiosity, and noticed that it's visible robot mode kibble includes non-matching colors on it's hands that match up with Omega Sentinel here (assuming I remember how this thing transforms correctly, I don't own this mold), which is an odd detail to include on a comic-only recolor we wouldn't ever see transform:
VanguardSentinel.png

So I'm going to go one further and say that they don't just share a mold, but that this new Omega Sentinel and that ship are one and the same.

Edit: Oh, and the last panel also includes a barely-obscured-by-shadows Scylla from the new Tentakil, so there's that set of repaints basically confirmed.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
Twincast / Podcast #251:
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Fall of Cybertron Plus Rumble Ratbat Laserbeak & Orig Box" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster & Steeljaw Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dinosaur scrambled City 1986 dino saur Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Fall of Cybertron SHOCKWAVE MOC" on EBAY