New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp

New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 10:18pm CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 60,751

Get ready for a blast of Takara Transformers Animated in the toy galleries of Seibertron.com. This month we have elusive exclusives and Animated figures that Hasbro have yet to, or will unlikely, release. The first figure to start it all off is Family Mart "Lucky Draw" Prize C - Activators Skywarp. This figure utilizes the Activators Starscream mold, with the purple, black and grey color scheme of Skywarp. Activators Skywarp was never released under Hasbro's name, while Takara is still far off from completing the Animated seekers in the Activators scale (Ramjet upcoming, Slipstream and Sunstorm yet to be announced). For your viewing pleasure, check out the full gallery by clicking the link or picture below!

Activators Skywarp

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more galleries and the latest Transformers news on the net!

Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1144925)
Posted by DISCHARGE on November 10th, 2010 @ 7:41am CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1144947)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 10th, 2010 @ 8:52am CST
I would hate to see just a straight repaint for Slipstream. Some remolding would be required to do her justice.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145362)
Posted by mattyc1007 on November 11th, 2010 @ 11:57am CST
WOW this Skywarp as a Activator is news to me, and to be honest I thought hasbro had at least released one :-?

Nice adition to the galleries once again Ryan! :D
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145377)
Posted by rpetras on November 11th, 2010 @ 12:43pm CST
DISCHARGE wrote:So nice. I've got one sitting in POL. I wish they would have made more characters in activators class for Animated. Would really like a Black Arachnia and Prowl.

Thanks to Ryan for pointing out that this existed!

I just found one on the 'bay for a little less than BBTS had them.

(Side note: BBTS has the preorder up for Ramjet.)

I agree I'd like more in this size class, especially Blitzwing.

However, I'm using the legends versions of Prowl and Bumblebee, as well as Voyager Bulkhead and Lugnut in my display, and they scale very, very well.

I think that makes for the best version of the main TFA cast, scale wise, that you can get.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145389)
Posted by DISCHARGE on November 11th, 2010 @ 1:38pm CST
rpetras wrote:

Thanks to Ryan for pointing out that this existed!

I just found one on the 'bay for a little less than BBTS had them.

(Side note: BBTS has the preorder up for Ramjet.)

I agree I'd like more in this size class, especially Blitzwing.

Ebay would have been cheaper,but I just moved across states, POL was just easier to not have to wait for another package. Heck HTS split my last order and I got Gen Dirge minutes before I left.
I will be getting Ramjet. While my legends collection grows, I just can't use them in place of the Activators. I too think the Activators represent the Amimated toys the best. Great articulation and quick easy transformation, They also don't take up a huge amount of room. They not be perfect, butI also haven't run into the QC issues as with the other class sizes.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145578)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 12th, 2010 @ 6:20am CST
Transformers Animated might be dead in the west, but in Japan it's got some life left in it yet. Takara Tomy had a special lottery with the Japanese supermarket chain "FamilyMart" one of the prizes was an Animated Optimus Prime. This version of Animated Optimus Prime is based off the Deluxe Class "Earth Mode" Optimus Prime. However this version is different from the original release, as it's not only rare but also "clean", meaning that it lacks the black "Battle Damage" paint apps of the original. Just click the image to see the full gallery!

Deluxe Class "Earth Mode" Optimus Prime

Click here for the rest of the Animated galleries and here for the rest of Seibertron.com massive galleries!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145580)
Posted by Samsonator on November 12th, 2010 @ 6:46am CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145594)
Posted by itMFtis on November 12th, 2010 @ 7:55am CST
Always hated that his waist was a little off center.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145677)
Posted by Megazarak on November 12th, 2010 @ 2:19pm CST
Samsonator wrote:A clean version of that figure is friggin' brilliant. Everything I hoped it would be. I'm very sad that I'll never own one, and will be stuck with Mr. Battle Damage for the rest of time.

Don't be so sure. If Hasbro gets around to releasing Wingblade Prime, it was going to be this deluxe version of Optimus that came with the armour, unlike the Takara version, and as one would expect, it is without the battle damage. They keep insisting that they're trying to get the rest of the Animated figures out there, so hopefully, maybe by Universe 4.0, we'll see the rest of them, including Prime.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145736)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2010 @ 5:05pm CST
Megazarak wrote:

Anyone else think it's odd that Hasbro hasn't decided to use the "Classics" universe generations reveal the shield line to release these remaining TFA toys? seems like the perfect line to release figures that are or were on the chopping block.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Animated Activators Skywarp (1145794)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 12th, 2010 @ 8:25pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Megazarak wrote:

That's what I've been saying all along. Seems like they could fit them in anywhere if they wanted to, especially with the merging of the movie & classic-style lines.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Punch Counterpunch" on EBAY