Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus

Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 10:39am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mach   Views: 61,104

Takara Masterpiece MP-04S Convoy Sleep Version has been released in Japan. Inside this masterpiece, a booklet has been included that carries a message from the Convoy/Optimus Prime.

In Japanese language, we read the sentences from left to right horizontally, just like English. However it has been noted there is a secret message that revealed who will be the next Masterpiece.
If you are familiar with Japanese language, please read the below images on the 2 highlighted columns vertically.
It means "The name of the new Masterpiece is Rodimus".

At this moment, there is no confirmation from Takara Tomy.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Mach

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 1st, 2010 10:59am CDT

Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092807)
Posted by Zeds on July 1st, 2010 @ 10:42am CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:I like this mp news much better.

Thank you.

QFT! I pray that MP Movie SS turned out to be a bad joke.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092814)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092815)
Posted by Blurrz on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
Humma Humma
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092816)
Posted by Soulgem on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:05am CDT
I'll treat this as a rumor, but I'll admit I like the thought of MP Rodimus.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092819)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:10am CDT
Well spotted, well spotted. One thing though, the traditional order is top to bottom, from right to left, in that order. The Western order, from left to right, top to bottom, is also acceptable if needed.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092823)
Posted by goshjosh95 on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:15am CDT
Please let it be so! :PRAY:

If it is... that's a really cool way to hide a clue.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092827)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Not really a Rodimus Prime fan, but this is good news indeed. I can only hope that Galvatron will come along to challenge the new leader of the Autobots.

Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092828)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:35am CDT

I'm thinking:

Rodimus
SG Rodimus (unlikely)
Clear
Wildrider (bit of a stretch though i'n' it)
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092832)
Posted by Blurrz on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:41am CDT
There's actually going to be another Masterpiece release, I think it might be MP Galvatron, repaint of Megatron..
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092840)
Posted by Amelie on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:55am CDT
Blurrz wrote:MP Galvatron, repaint of Megatron..

No. God. No.

I'm apprehensive about a Masterpiece Rodimus. I've been unimpressed so far with the Masterpiece line and don't feel that they're very good value for money. I'll hold my judgement until I see the toy, but I'm dubious about Masterpieces enough to know I won't be in a rush to put a pre-order in.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092842)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:00pm CDT
Can't wait to see first pics of it! Hopefully, if Takara does make one, then perhaps Hasbro will release one of their own. Also, although this has nothing to do with this, but in the Xbox/PS versions of War for Cybertron, anyone notice that the Decepticon Destroyer drones look a lot like Powercore Combiners Bombshock? :lol: :-?
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092843)
Posted by bthree78 on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
I hope it's his Hot Rod car form. That would be the greatest. . . well second to Optimus.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092847)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
That's cool.
Completely expected, but cool.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092849)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:16pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:So awesome! Hidden messages FTW. Can't wait to see this figure! To make it more of a reality, what repaints could they make from it to offset costs? JelZe help me out!

Wait, what?! :shock:

Well, both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime had their share of repaints, but not so many as different characters (as the Japanese hate that). In fact, I only see one single repaint possibility for MP Rodimus Prime, not counting the obligatory black one, based on an original release...

Lucky Draw Primus
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092860)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT

There's a big difference between a Masterpiece Hot Rod and a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, after all...
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092864)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Here's the big question--in Japan, do they refer to Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime as just "Rodimus"?

Both, yet neither. It comes down to this:

US Hot Rod/Rodimus = JP Hot Rodimus
US Rodimus Prime = JP Rodimus Convoy
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092871)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:57pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:I'd rather have a reissue of G1 Galvatron (to use in place of that thing released during Universe), but if Rodimus Prime ends up being true, it wouldn't make sense to not do Galvatron as well, IMO.

They did reissue G1 Galvatron

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

ehobby also reissued him in the original colors.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092887)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 1st, 2010 @ 1:28pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They did reissue G1 Galvatron

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

ehobby also reissued him in the original colors.

While the Takara reissue here has been something I've thought about, I was thinking more of a G1CS-based reissue for here in the US. Besides, while I think I can pay for the Seacons and their shipping, I'm a little bit more concerned about the $130 plus shipping tag on this release. Especially since I'm planning on getting all of Gen Wave 1 and at least a couple of the PCC figures if I see them this month.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092889)
Posted by --B-- on July 1st, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT
I can't see Hasbro passing this up. I'll wait for the Hasbro version.
Re: Next New Transformers Masterpiece - Rodimus (1092890)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 1st, 2010 @ 1:40pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They did reissue G1 Galvatron

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

ehobby also reissued him in the original colors.

Better get the Takara release, as a US release of G1 Galvatron is practically impossible. Sure it has the orange barrel, but some states require other colors like purple and green for toy guns. Look at Classics Megatron.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY