Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots

Transformers News: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots

Sunday, September 10th, 2017 7:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,777

We now have new artwork to show you featuring the Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots. These are the full version of the artwork found on their boxes. This is also the artwork used on the cards that come with these toys as well as the artwork on the Hascon teasers. These were found on the Hong Kong TF Facebook page. You can see these in toy form in our new show gallery.

Credit(s): HK TF
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909839)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:06am CDT
And once again... red chest swoop.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909840)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:16am CDT
Still liking everything I see. Rippersnapper looks great in both modes as does Moon Racer. I like how they were able to still keep her sleek in robot mode without having a huge backpack like generations Arcee. Hun-Grrr looks alright, front feet are a bit undersized but it's not the end of the world. I actually like the look of Primal too. I'm not a fan of beast wars and organic alt modes so the fact that there are none here is a huge bonus.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909841)
Posted by ExciKaiser on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Rippersnapper looks great in both modes as does Moon Racer.

I'm not fan of MoonRacer. I want fembots, more fembots, but not like this. These feet really turn me off, it's typical of the worst transformations we got from movies lines, now coming on generations.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909843)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:37am CDT
I'd like Moonracer a lot more if it wasn't for the big panel slapped on her thigh. I understand that this isn't exactly a Masterpiece budget so it's not like there was much else for it to go; but you could at least try and wrap it around the lower leg as armour or a bulkier physique or something. As is, the leg unfortunately just doesn't look very good.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909845)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:56am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
I more think they did some stats and threw these more or less as random names in order to add choices, perfectly knowing they had no chances at all facing Magnus, Primal and such.

I am certain this is what happened too. Hasbro reads these forums, there were never gonna be plans for Arcee or Hound to be leaders, knowing all the other choices. I think we would have had a Primal as well regardless if he would have won. I highly doubt all the planning we see in those slides developped since February of this very year.

All dinobots aside from Swoop shared similar engineering in G1, similar to how many combiner components had similar engineering so this its to be expected that there are several similarities between them in this revamp. I already took it for granted that there would be some parts/engineering sharing among them.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909848)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:09am CDT
I know this is never going to happen but I would love to see next year's May mayhem figure be paddles out of sludge. All they really need to do is replace the legs for flippers.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909850)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ExciKaiser wrote:

At the very least, some sort of plans or designs would have been drawn up for any possibility. Arcee or Hound winning were fairly - maybe extremely - unlikely, but I highly doubt a company as large, rich and successful like Hasbro would decide to completely discount it and be completely unprepared for the eventuality.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909854)
Posted by ExciKaiser on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:27am CDT
So, in the end, let's recap :

- Dinobots. Nothing to say here, they're perfect updates of the original characters. I wonder if we should wait if Takara plans to chrome them. The fact they combine is an added bonus which doesn't seem to impact a lot their individual modes. Adding a new member is nice, however it looks like she doesn't complete the combiner on any form. Must have.

- Micronus. No surprise here, I'm fan from the very first pic of the small pretender shells. I still think it's the only coherent way to update the broken concept of the initial pretenders and I'll defend them during all the duration of the line.
I already decided from the leaks I'll probably got all of them.
The only unknown point for me is how they'll combine to larger figures, I can't see attachement point, peg etc..

- Orion Pax / Optimus. I'm not really fan of Orion's design, especially the head. I know it's 100% cartoon accurate, but I was not fan of this part either, we were facing cartoon designer without imagination at this time. But the rest of the toy is cool and the combined form doesn't seem to suffer any kind of issue despite its constraints. Definitely must have.

- Hun-Gurr. Ouch. I'm not a GeeWun who will complain about the fact the tail is on his chest or wathever, don't care. But this beast mode is absolutely ridiculous, with the front atrophied legs, the silverbolt rear legs.. It'll be a pass from me I think. I guess it's the price to pay to have 5 new molds with the dinobots.

- RipperSnapper. Nothing to say. Looks decent. Let's wait the rest of the team before deciding what to do with him.

- MoonRacer. What a deception. I can't look away these feet. When it's impossible to be cartoon accurate, they should assume it instead of trying like this. I think I can easily say that most of us would have prefered bulky aromered legs like T30 Chromia, than this. Or maybe I'm wrong ? But for now, I think it'll be a pass. And I'm afraid Novastar will use the same mold.

- Optimus Primal. Let wait the colors, but I'll defend this one until the end. He looks fantastic and fun. Day one, I want a preorder, now.

I wasn't enthousiast about POTP after the SDCC. Two aerialbots repaints, terribly proportionated Starscream with terrible transformation, useless prime masters... The only good point was Rodimus.

I'm more confident now with what we seen here.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909856)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:36am CDT
Qwan wrote:Hey, guess what everyone's gonna hate to hear? I've been examining the renders of the Dinobots (mostly because I just can't get enough of those beatiful things :x ) and I'm pretty sure Sludge and Slug share a base mold. Tip-offs include the shared guns, upper arms (which are oriented opposite to each other in dino mode since their torsos face different ways respectively) and basic engineering in the legs (I'm pretty sure the robot hips and upper legs are shared too but I can't tell because of the way Sludge is posed). They're still plenty different in both sculpt and non-leg engineering so it doesn't bother me personally, but since we're always looking for that fabled retool connection (someday we'll find it... the lovers, the dreamers and me) I thought I'd point it out.

(YET ANOTHER EDIT: It actually looks like their robot shin-pieces might be shared too, upon even further examination. But the fact that just the different deco and dino-legs-and-tail made it take so long for me to notice it, even when I was looking for shared parts, makes me feel like Hasbro knows what they're doing and have the differentiation under control. ;)^ )

On a much more exciting Dinobot-related note, I'm now noticing in the renders that all the Deluxe-class guys (at least; can't be sure on Grimlock yet) have foot-pegs for TMs/PMs! (Snarl's seem to be on the inside of his spine-things-which-I-forget-the-name-of, so you'll have to flip them down like little platforms. I adore that.) It's not quite dino-saddles - though I still wouldn't put those out of the question yet either - but it's just yet another thing that gets me super-hyped for these dinos!

More annoyed the dinobots combine as it takes away from them. I know people want a Dino themed combiner but they could've made either a new team or use the pcc team and make them the combiner. Just takes away from who and what grimlock and Co are.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909863)
Posted by FireRoad on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:13am CDT
one prime is missing in the art, i checked
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909864)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
FireRoad wrote:one prime is missing in the art, i checked

If I had to guess... probably Optimus.

How does everyone feel about these symbols the Primes have now, actually? I think they're pretty cool.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909868)
Posted by SureShot18 on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
Is it weird that Rippersnapper is the best looking of the four to me? He looks like a really neat generic Decepticon grunt. Hun-gurrr looks questionable, he really needs to be shown in color and without those feet on his arms for me to decide if I need Abominus. Moonracer looks rough. The limbs look too thin for her blocky torso and she appears to have a lot of junk in the trunk. And finally Optimus Primal. I think it's disheartening to see that the design team can't or doesn't want to improve designs even outside of G1. The Optimal Optimus robot mode has awful proportions and they could have tried to make them better ala the PE Beast Gorira. That being said I think everything else about him looks great. Does it suck that Primal doesn't turn into a monkey? Yes of course, but it does make for a neat homage to his Transmetal form.

Now that the reveals should be over shall we give some lists of all our wanted reveals?
Prime Masters: Micronus

Legends:
Beachcomber
Slash

Deluxes:
Dreadwind
Darkwing
Swoop
Slag
Rippersnapper

Voyagers:Grimlock

Leaders: Optimus Primal
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909869)
Posted by Black Hat on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:37am CDT
Kurona wrote:
FireRoad wrote:one prime is missing in the art, i checked

If I had to guess... probably Optimus.

I like 'em. Again, the Prime Masters being TR compatible is pretty awesome, as some of them (Liege Maximo especially) kinda look like abstract robot faces anyway.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909878)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:24am CDT
I wonder how many people would have voted for Primal if they knew that the Primal toy they got would not turn into a gorilla.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909883)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:32am CDT
Possible Thunderwing incoming?
Edit: turns out it's an abandoned concept for Megatronus deemed too obscure for regular release
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909901)
Posted by JazZeke on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:29pm CDT
I appreciate the inclusion of a hoverboard on Primal, but I think what I find most disappointing about this figure is that it doesn't LOOK like an improvement over the old Optimal Optimus toy. As much as I love the design, the toy is clunky as all hell. There was a third party remake of the figure put out recently that was so much more streamlined and stylized, taking full advantage of modern toy engineering. This looks no more articulated than the original 20-year-old figure. Hell, at the very least, I'd hoped that the canons would be able to retract into the chest
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909902)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:30pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

That of course assumes the poll wasnt rigged. All that design work for Primal suggests otherwise :-?

SureShot18 wrote:Is it weird that Rippersnapper is the best looking of the four to me? He looks like a really neat generic Decepticon grunt.

He is the best looking of the four for the simple reason that he is exactly what fans hoped for. Taking cues from G1 and improving it as much as possible. Which in this case means making him look more lethal.

I think people would still have voted Primal simply because they wanted a classics primal for a long time, regardless of what he turned into. And plus, the art shown in the vote was him in a different body to his beast wars body so they kind of hinted at him having a different body all along.
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909903)
Posted by Va'al on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:33pm CDT
As an update to the previous story about the new Transformers: Power of the Primes figures being shown at the Transformers area of Hascon, we have more images of the display cases with the same figures from different angles, and some new additions and alternate configurations for the likes of Starscream and his combined mode on the packaging art, Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime / Orion Pax, Dinobot Slash, the Blackwing and Dreadwind jets in their combined mode. Check out the images below!

Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909904)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

That of course assumes the poll wasnt rigged. All that design work for Primal suggests otherwise.

Or they could have done up designs for all 9 candidates. Considering we've had Hasbro reps say previously that there's been a lot of planning and development towards the next few years, I wouldn't find that too hard to believe.

Why would Hasbro even have put out the poll if they were just going to rig it; especially when it isn't as in-depth and appealing as a make-a-new-character poll or as significant as choosing the next Titan?
Re: Official Artwork for Transformers Power of the Primes Dinobots (1909905)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
Moonracer,Rippersnapper,Hun-garr,and Primal all look fantastic can not wait to get them.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Armada | Max-con Thundercracker & Minicon Zapmaster Pre-Owned VGUC - Time Remaining: 22 days 19 hours 25 minutes 1 second
Transformers POTP Power of the Primes Dinobot Slug! NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 28 minutes 40 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary BLITZWING Figure Ages 8+ 7in - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 36 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Generations FRENZY RUMBLE RATBAT RAMHORN REWIND EJECT SUNDER RAVAGE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 36 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Devastator Figure BAF Metroplex 4"in - Time Remaining: 4 days 36 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise OVERLOAD & BACKTRACK Mini-Con Deployer Ages 8+ - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 36 minutes 58 seconds
GENERATIONS TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS THUNDERCRACKER IDW L ACTION FIGURE MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 38 minutes 56 seconds
Action Figures and Toys G1 Transformers Power Rangers Spider-Man Flip Star Wars - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 41 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent