Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset

Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset

Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 3:12pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 25,834

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, MadProject has shared an interesting image with us all, that of our possible first look at the rumoured boxset containing all eight Transformers Studio Series Constructicons! The box lists the release as SS-69.

Transformers News: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset

While MadProject found the image on Facebook, Instagram user, seton2345 also has been sharing it, with no mention where they got it from in the accompanying Instagram post.

While this image could turn out to be a clever fake, it does show how big a box would be needed for all the constructicons to fit in. One thing to note is that while the picture quality isn't great enough to make any judgement on the decos of the figures, Skipjack is part of the group as per the movie avd there appears to be weathering on Long Haul.

What do you think of this? Do you think this is legitimate or not? Where you expecting different colour schemes? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): MadProject from Seibertron, senton2345 Instagram account

Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076569)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:27pm CDT
(If this turns out to be real) I'm actually kind of glad the decos are more or less the same, And not too noticeably different from the individual releases. It would be a real kick in the head to people who bought the individual releases, Only to have a heavily improved deco'd one appear after the fact in a new box set (which has happened before). Anyway, It'll be nice for anyone wanting to complete Devastator all in one purchase.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076572)
Posted by o.supreme on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:39pm CDT

Sorry, couldn't resist. But the box set does look pretty amazing.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076577)
Posted by MadProject on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:50pm CDT
I wonder if there will be some extra stuff of sort with him.
Like, as incentive for the purchase, a weapon pack for the Studio Series figures, like they did with Centurion Drone.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076578)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:53pm CDT
Devastator boxset is neat, I'm interested to see some better pictures of it since we can see the weathering on Long Haul.

I'm actually quite liking Topspin too, they really nailed the sculpted detail, the transformation has some neat stuff (like the wheel flip in the legs), and I like that it includes all the weapons. The arms are a little long, but I don't have much in terms of complaints other than that. Very excited to get Topspin and paint it up!

My Scavenger was also delivered back home today! It'll be a while before I have it, but it's nice to know that it was delivered.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076580)
Posted by M. Spector on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:00pm CDT
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076582)
Posted by Emerje on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:20pm CDT
MadProject wrote:the only thing is giving me questions, is that the box itself looks more square-ish, while the plastic bubble looks more rectangular.
I wonder if there will be some extra stuff of sort with him.

There's probably a second tray since I can't see anywhere on that one for Mixmaster and the accessories. Probably just the best they could steal procure.

Emerje
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076587)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:54pm CDT
I may have skipped the individual releases because I don't trust distribution.

But that ROTF Devy boxset... I want it. I want it a lot!
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076599)
Posted by Deadput on August 18th, 2020 @ 6:47pm CDT
M. Spector wrote:I suspect that box is not the final version since the art/image is the old render we first saw it one of the toy fairs ages ago. Also, even if the decos are somewhat different or weathered, won't be upset since it can't be better then my custom paint job on each one so far ;)^

Yeah the boxart being that old art showcasing the prototype makes me not trust it at all.

I think the boxset exists yeah but I don't think this is it.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076628)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 18th, 2020 @ 10:29pm CDT
I never bothered getting the Constructicons individually for 2 reasons: I don't like how Devastator looked in the movie, and I didn't want to get them piece by piece. However, I will admit the individual figures, especially the leaders, look really good. So if this is really $250 or so, I'll seriously consider it. Also, the image seems to be compressed, I think the box will be rectangular, while the plastic bubble will be a square, with some stuff on the side. I was hoping for 2 deluxe or legends class Twins figures.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076631)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2020 @ 10:50pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I never bothered getting the Constructicons individually for 2 reasons: I don't like how Devastator looked in the movie, and I didn't want to get them piece by piece. However, I will admit the individual figures, especially the leaders, look really good. So if this is really $250 or so, I'll seriously consider it.
And once you have it, you can use your headcanon to rename it anything you want if you'd rather not think of this monstrosity as "Devastator". ;)
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076641)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:07am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It doesn't have to do with the name, really. I mean, he's a combiner made of construction vehicles. So naturally, Devastator, right? It's the final form I have a problem with. It's too animal-like. If it had been able to stand straight up, it would have been passable. Luckily I think the toy can stand on 2 legs, so it's actually better. And yes, I know the reasons why he was like that in the movie. While they are plausible, I didn't think they were necessary.

Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076642)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 19th, 2020 @ 4:07am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Side note: this "reveal" has inspired me to watch RoTF for the first time in about 6 years. I actually managed to suppress the memories of stupid childish sexual humor, so I have been face-palming a bit.

Wheelie dry-humping intensify.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076656)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2020 @ 9:41am CDT
Oof, good luck. It's that very kind of "humor" that's kept me from watching it again.

Though, here's a bit of irony. I always felt that if the movie had just left out all of that grossness then it would have been fine. But then when I first read the movie's comic book adaptation, I found that that version told the same general story as the movie and did excise all of the film's nastiness... but what all was left was just boring. The comic took all of the bad stuff out of the movie, left in all of the good stuff, and yet somehow, some way, the good stuff became dull. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076685)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2020 @ 12:57pm CDT
I had created a separate thread about Vudu's new "family friendly" feature where it will edit out language and scenes it deems not to be "family friendly", I actually watched RotF with this filter on. It was a bit jarring, and the scene with Alice "aggressively showing affection" for Sam caused the app to crash, but it did make the movie better somehow :lol: .

Basically if you could cobble together all of Optimus Prime's battle scenes from that film, that's all I need to remember form it. ;)^
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076687)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:13pm CDT

Seemed to be a bit of an unwarranted uproar that Bay sexualised Megan Fox but no complaints about a child living robot being turned into hump machine. I think that put me off getting a Wheelie at the time (surely it was lost marketing and money if they had made him kid friendly and sold RC toys of him in the BB8 bucketloads but I guess it would take five script writers with a single brain cell to pull it off).

A new SS wheelie version might not beat the orig toy if the new SS satellite soundwave is anything to go by.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076691)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:20pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:I still need a drill to the forehead to forget Megatron being subserviant to the Fallen & listening to Starscream.

There won't be a ss wheelie (non 86 version anyway), scale is the big factor, the character is just too small to get a transforming toy.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076692)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:22pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Technically SS Wheelie already exists, but it was a non-transforming minifig with Shockwave, so that's still half-right, he is too small to transform.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076695)
Posted by o.supreme on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:25pm CDT
Didn't micro figures of Wheelie & Brains come with SS Shockwave? Also I'd agree since the Arcee 3 pack were basically 3 legion class figures, I don't think we will be able to get anything smaller transformable. Laserbeak and Ravage I guess could arguably be about that size, but ravage never transformed in RotF. Also I guess the only Frenzy we may see is a tiny non transforming figure as well.
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076698)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 19th, 2020 @ 1:32pm CDT
I meant to say a stand alone transformable wheelie, and I started questioning myself if Shockwave came with both Wheelie and Brains or just Brains for some reason
Re: Possible First Look At Transformers Studio Series ROTF Devastator Boxset (2076711)
Posted by LinaNui on August 19th, 2020 @ 3:27pm CDT
So I just found out that one of my Overloads is shipped from Amazon (US) and should be here Friday! I am so happy, I can not wait to get him in hand and finally make devastator!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "GI Joe Transformers 2011 SDCC MEGATRON GUN 25th Starscream Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Metroplex SDCC Generations Titan Class" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE ~ 2017 MATT TRAKKER ~ SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS ~100% & CARD" on EBAY