Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr

Monday, January 4th, 2016 9:11pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 41,822

While there is still no definite source for the following image, we did want to share with the community that a picture of what appears to be Titans Return Blurr has popped up online (on various boards and even image searches). This image, if real, shows that Blurr will be a headmaster, like the rest of the Titans Return figures. What is fun to note is that this could be one of the two silhouettes we previously saw at New York Comic Con (the pictures are also found below)

Transformers News: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr

Transformers News: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr
Transformers News: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr

If anyone has the actual source for this new Blurr photo, please let us know so that we can credit you properly.

Credit(s): no sources yet

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752026)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 4th, 2016 @ 9:53pm CST
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752031)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 4th, 2016 @ 10:19pm CST
A Blurr that doesn't look like Drift and has a Cybertronian mode? :-?
A Blurr saddled with an unnecessary gimmick? :BANG_HEAD:

Well ... I'll probably get it regardless. The Takara version will likely have better paint apps and, if not, Reprolabels will likely rescue it.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752035)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 4th, 2016 @ 10:23pm CST
Why do the keep doing characters as Headmasters that weren't ever before while there's plenty of Headmaster characters that could use an update?
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752039)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 4th, 2016 @ 10:30pm CST
If his -master buddy is still Haywire, that means Blurr will randomly fire lightning bolts out of his head during his panic attacks!

Oh, and being a Headmaster means that he'll be redecoed into that Headmaster Arcee that Rebirth fans have wanted for almost 3 decades.

And I'll buy it...even though I've long maintained that The Rebirth denied us a proper Arcee toy for so long by dividing fandom as to whether or not she should be a Headmaster.

Because I'll buy EVERYTHING in this line of non-geewun G1 era awesomeness!
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752048)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:04pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks very non-eye-catching; but it's definitely gotta be hasbro's work, anyone else would've used way more paint and actually give it paint apps :roll:

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752051)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:11pm CST
But........ I'm fine with our current classics-verse Blurr.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752052)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:11pm CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Well, I was in bifocals by 2nd grade, so, take it, please :-P

But, dude, it's nearly 90% solid dark-blue; now, if it has blue-on-dark blue details, I'll take it back, but based on the last years worth of hasbro releases, I doubt that's the case >:oP
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752053)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:12pm CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Dude, it's nearly 90% solid dark-blue; now, if it has blue-on-dark blue details, I'll take it back, but based on the last years worth of hasbro releases, I doubt that's the case >:oP

Oh ... you're becoming one of those bitter elitists. We had such high hopes for you too. :(
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752055)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:15pm CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

I don't mind if the color scheme is broken up intelligently, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. And I've always thought the cw line was terribly under-painted and lacking painted details, but they were combiners, so I overlooked it. There's a reason I'd gotten ~20 tfs in the last 5 years before cw started;

As for becoming a bitter elitist, I just think it's wrong to pay so much for so little effort - outside of engineering - I won't be scammed out of my money for these figures =;
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752060)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:28pm CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Whereas 2015 saw me buy more TF's than probably the two prior years. Admittedly I did get three combiners through Takara (but that was mostly because of the original members)
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752063)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:36pm CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Same here, I've wanted amazing scramble-city combiners ever since I was unable to complete rid ruination;

I went into this intending to get every unique/great combiner; after this, it's back to being very very strict about what I throw my money at, but TT's BW celebration may have me backed into a corner :-s

My only planned purchases are: Skullcruncher, Mindwipe, and Weirdwolf (if mw and ww look cool and exist), Astrotrain, and maybe Sentinel - he looks awesome and has a cool triple changing design, and whomever that redeco of cosmos is...
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752068)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 4th, 2016 @ 11:59pm CST
I'm interested. Robot mode looks pretty straight-forward. It's a shame the bulk had to end up on his legs. I wonder if we see these odd choices to be headmasters repainted/remolded into the bodies for the heads announced that were actually headmasters.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752090)
Posted by Deathsanras on January 5th, 2016 @ 4:56am CST
Wally, is that you?
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752091)
Posted by Whifflefire on January 5th, 2016 @ 5:00am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:But........ I'm fine with our current classics-verse Blurr.

Same, but I kinda want to see how this turns out. maybe I'll use him as a cybertronian version of Blurr.

I do find it odd how they're making headmasters out of characters that haven't been headmasters before, but I do like them trying new things. Also, perhaps now we can finally get a headmaster version of Sunstreaker! Even if we did just get him as a combiner...
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752100)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 5th, 2016 @ 7:55am CST
That's a lot of dark blue. Which is about all I can tell so far.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752102)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 5th, 2016 @ 8:04am CST

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Cosmos should be redecoed into Pathfinder.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752103)
Posted by Autobot N on January 5th, 2016 @ 8:05am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:

You can tell that from the small pictures? Damn ... I want your eyesight. :-P

Cosmos should be redecoed into Pathfinder.

The rumors said that it was Scrounge.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752104)
Posted by william-james88 on January 5th, 2016 @ 8:08am CST

That's fine, it makes it one less toy to buy for you. I, on the other hand, was never happy with such a principle TF character getting the redeco with new head treatment. the whole point of the season 3 bots was that they had cybertronion/futuristic modes, it was a really cool change in design from the previous 2 seasons. So I was always sad to see Blurr just be a normal car. And plus, a bot mode which didnt look sleek due to all that kibble in his shoulders and legs.

But this is the nice smooth and sleek blurr I always wanted. The Animated version was decent, but clearly in the animated style, so I am really glad we are getting this guy here. And added playability never hurt me, so I dont mind him being a headmaster. Its not like its obvious in robot mode anyway.

Hellscream9999 wrote:

But thats Blurr to me. You know what I realized lately? I dont care too much for paint apps if the toy is good. It bothers me greatly when there is specific sculpted detail that is purposefully not painted (like RID Drift) but if the colours work, then I am ok. Leader Magnus, for instance, didnt have a ton of paint apps, but the different coloured plastics worked well together. I will wait for a biger pic until I make more of a judgment over the paint and if this is underpainted and if that is a problem. but so far, it looks good, reminds me of the Targetmaster Blurr with a nice G1 colour scheme.

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752116)
Posted by ScottyP on January 5th, 2016 @ 9:16am CST
I know I'm ready to judge this figure entirely based on a pre-production image not intended for public consumption at the world's tiniest resolution.

What can be made out looks fun and in line with what I'd expect out of a deluxe sized retail figure. Looking forward to this upcoming line up and some of the wacky stuff that'll hopefully be achievable.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Titans Return Blurr (1752121)
Posted by frogbat on January 5th, 2016 @ 10:26am CST
was not expecting this tho the silhouette did hint at the possibility. I'm on the fence because though I really like what they're doing at the moment, I was more than satisfied with the generations figure we already have. Same thing happened with jetfire and i ended up buying the combiner wars figure. I'd rather they gave us the other 2 original headmasters.. highbrow would be an awesome toy to update.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers 2011 DOTM Fireburst Optimus Prime b (incomplete) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Q Transformers QT02 Bumblebee Figure 2014 Camaro Concept New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 65 Voyager Class Bumblebee Movie Blitzwing" on EBAY
Buy "??? NIB TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOYS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON SPINISTER WFC-S48 ???" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2010 Double Punch" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES 65 BLITZWING ACTION FIGURE 2018 From BUMBLEBEE MOVIE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2006 LAZERBEAK & BUZZSAW DAWN OF FUTURES PAST" on EBAY