Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images

Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 8:41pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 57,956

Thanks to site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com, we have received the official Hasbro images for the upcoming Reveal the Shield Voyager class figures Solar Storm Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe.

Solar Storm Grapple

Lugnut

Strafe

Although the images are heavily photoshopped, Grapple appears much more orange than earlier prototypes suggested. Additionally, this appears to be the first time we've seen Lugnut correctly transformed. Finally, Strafe is an Autobot repaint of the NEST Global Alliance Mindwipe mold, homaging G1 Technobot Strafe.

Check out BBTS for the Reveal the Shield Preorders, and stick with Seibertron.com as your ultimate Transformers resource.

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 9:40pm CDT

Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134809)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:45pm CDT
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134810)
Posted by StryderPrime on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
AutobotJazz87 wrote:Lugnut looks amazing! They all do in fact, but I'm more excited for Lugnut more than anything.

I agree a 100% on that comment. I neva got him in the animated series cause he looked awful to me but wow...what a overhaul in design
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134815)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:54pm CDT
Here's hoping that Grapple is closer to these colors than that bright yellow previously seen. Lugnut looks very menacing, excellent update. Strafe is my least favorite of these three. He looks ok, but I prefer mindwipe.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134816)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
StryderPrime wrote:

Same here! He was too small for a voyager. It really impresses me how they revamp original Animated characters into the Reveal the Shield/Generations line. I wonder if they'll do a Bulkhead or a Slipstream sometime in the near future. I'd be interested to see what Hasbro does with those characters.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134818)
Posted by Megazarak on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
Wow, those are some nice figures. Grapple is looking quite good, and it's nice to see that he got quite a bit remolded from Inferno. Strafe also looks cool and would be quite nice with Sunspot, but since I already have Mindwipe and Skystalker I won't be getting him.
And finally Lugnut. WOW! Lugnut looks like one nice figure. I don't think this one is going to be a shelfwarmer like his Animated counterpart. It also looks like his colours are a mix of his original ones and his Atomic Lugnut repaint, which looks really good together. Very impressive design overall.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134819)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 12th, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
GLORIOUS!!! Not only did Lugnut get to follow his glorious Master to other glorious continuities (vague enough to fit into both Generations and Movie), he also gains glorious articulation for his fingers and neck.
There looks to be a button on his alt mode's tail. Wonder what it does.
How'd they convince Lugnut to hide his 'badge' I'll never know. I'd expect him to be the one with an oversized insignia painted on him, not Strafe.

Grappel is far too blocky for my tastes and Strafe is far too Decepticony to be an Autobot. So I'll only be buying (the glorious) Lugnut.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134821)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:00pm CDT
wow that Lugnut is awesome =P~
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134823)
Posted by cyanloon2383 on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:01pm CDT
Grapple is so mine when he comes out. I wish that they woud re-release Inferno with a ladder. All I am in interested in now is classic style figs and WFC. I hope they make some more classics in the voyager scale
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134824)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:06pm CDT
cyanloon2383 wrote:Grapple is so mine when he comes out. I wish that they woud re-release Inferno with a ladder.

There's always the Gears of War set that provides Inferno with a Ladder. I have it and it works great.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134828)
Posted by It Is Him on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
My reaction to seeing news of RTS Strafe:

It Is Him... five seconds ago wrote:Oh my god, they're remaking Strafe!? *scrolls down, sees Mindwipe repaint* Ah man. Damn it.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134833)
Posted by synthetik on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT
Lugnut is unadulterated sexiness
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134834)
Posted by Vicalliose on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT
Initial photos had Lugnut looking awful, but now he is a must have!

Still would have kinda preferred Slipstream as an Animated to Classics crossover though. :-?
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134836)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Why why WHYYYY does these have to look awesome :lol: :sad: :sad: *HUGE SIGH* i am not going to get anything in disney this christmas if this keeps up XP Grapple is a definite and so is Strafe. Lugnut i will def wait for retail. Well i will def try and wait for retail on these. Too much money too spend @~@ my wallet is have an overload
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134839)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:44pm CDT
The sigils on Strafes' wings are neat, but I don't want two of the mold.

Seeing Lugnut makes me glad I didn't buy the Animated version when I was tempted.

The orange on Grapple looks better. And I second the desire for an Inferno w/ ladder.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134840)
Posted by lowman_x on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:There looks to be a button on his alt mode's tail. Wonder what it does.

From the looks of it I would say that it's a push button release so his tail section folds down his back in robot mode. But I could be wrong.

Not fussed on Strafe (which is a shame because he was one of my favourites as a kid) and the completely yellow crane section of Grapple's needs to be broken up a bit (in my opinion).
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134849)
Posted by lowman_x on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:04pm CDT
BAHAHAHAAA!!! Anyone else notice the big, dumb face in Grapple's stomach?? :P

Seems like Grapple's been hanging out in Venusville with the poor radiation shielding and Kuato's now taken up residence...
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134857)
Posted by Onslaught22 on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:37pm CDT
Do not be deceived by what appears to be the proper orange on Grapple. All the official pics of Terradive led me to believe he was a beautiful bronze color, only to see him as bright Sunkist orange in person. I honestly think he will be exactly as the first images were, and that the Transformers: United version will hit the mark, and the wallet. :sad:
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134858)
Posted by First-Aid on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:39pm CDT
Grappel...first thing I thought of was Energon Roadblock. Anyone else get that?

Gimme Lugnutz now or I will do severe bodily harm to you.

Strafe is...well...a repaint. meh.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134862)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:59pm CDT
Grapple looks WONDERFUL but I really dislike Lugnut in those "Atomic Lugnut" style colours, well, at least they are more that than original Lugnut. If they re-release him in his "normal" colours I would get him as the mold looks decent. Actually, better than decent. Awesome.
Re: Reveal The Shield Grapple, Lugnut, and Strafe - Official Images (1134863)
Posted by Rated X on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:59pm CDT
Lugnut is OFF THE CHAIN !!! Im all in !!!

Graple Im just not that interested unless the price is right.

Strafe ??? Why red and white checkers ??? Just put out the damn blue version already !!!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Adventure - TAV25 - Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "No weapon Transformers Siege CROSSHAIRS WFC-S49 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure - TAV21 Optimus Prime Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege CROSSHAIRS Forge Launcher Weapon WFC 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES #64 BUMBLEBEE MOVIE CLIFFJUMPER ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Earthrise War of Cybertron Trilogy SKY LYNX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Combaticons Blast Off w/ Upgrades" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SCATTERSHOT MISB New Sealed" on EBAY