Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes

Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes

Thursday, February 9th, 2017 2:50pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 65,502

Fellow Seibertronian Autobot N has found some probable spoilers for the next wave of deluxes as part of Titans Return. The owner of Canadian collectibles site Canucktables, Hoffman, has heard from his distributor of the next wave of figures. Now please remember that distributers are not Hasbro and do not know all the facts so there can always be something lost in the translation (like when a distributer said there would be an MP Tank Megatron after misinterpreting the image of Legends Tank Megatron shaking MP 10's hand). Here are Hoffman's quote below for you to interpret as you wish:
Hoffman wrote:I run a toy store an TFs are a small part of what we sell. This info came from a solicitation from a distributor. I was told the info was ok to share, however with how strict Hasbro has been with their solicitations, I'm still wary about how much info I should divulge.

Hoffman wrote:I have no idea if this info came out and got buried in speculation threads or something, but I have some info on the next wave of TR Deluxes.

The new figures in this wave are Misfire, Twintwist, and Windblade. All retools.

The other figure listed in the assortment is Wolfwire. No packout details.

Hoffman wrote:Misfire - Triggerhappy
Twintwist - Topspin
Windblade - Highbrow

Wolfwire being rereleased makes sense since he is the only figure from the first 2 waves to not be rereleased yet. Let us know what you think! We will see it this is all true next week at Toy Fair 2016!

In any case, for those keeping track, this is how Wave 5 is shaping up to be:

C2396 Octane
C2397 Blitzwing

Leader

C2388 Overlord

Credit(s): Hoffman from Canucktables

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 9th, 2017 7:42pm CST

Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858265)
Posted by shauyaun on February 9th, 2017 @ 2:58pm CST
I still don't get it
What's different about these cases?
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858266)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on February 9th, 2017 @ 2:58pm CST
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858272)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CST
Shauyaun wrote:I still don't get it
What's different about these cases?

Usually a case has different figures in it. Deluxes cases have 8. So if your store restocks with a case, you will have 2 of each deluxe from that wave on a shelf. But with a solid case, you will just have 8 of the same toy on the shelf. So instead of your store getting a case of different figures, it will just get the same figure 8 times.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858273)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:18pm CST
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858275)
Posted by ThunderThruster on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:20pm CST
fourth, as RiD also did a legends class Windblade.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858276)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:21pm CST
ThunderThruster wrote:fourth, as RiD also did a legends class Windblade.

I stand corrected. Forgot about that one.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858277)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:22pm CST
I'd like to see a Fastlane and Cloudraker from Blurr and Brainstorm.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858278)
Posted by o.supreme on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:23pm CST
Black Hat wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Triggerhappy and Twintwist? Yeah I can see. I'd like.

Windblade? What the actual crap. Why? And is the titan masers name gonna be M. Scott?

Maybe they'll give her a cool, creative name like Nadeshiko or Naginata. Or maybe we'll just get Xindxlade.

Nijika ;), though I was half expecting that to be Perceptor's TM name.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858279)
Posted by carytheone on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:25pm CST
Windblade, the new Bumblebee. Soon to be warming pegs near you :-P
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858281)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:32pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:fourth, as RiD also did a legends class Windblade.

I stand corrected. Forgot about that one.

I wouldnt count different classes, they serve different purposes. If we do then Thunderhoof has as many toys as her, so it get ridiculous to compare when the real deal here is that we have bering rbought to the foreground again in another line.

The only logic I see to this is that Hasbro wants to cross market their Prime Wars web series of which she is the main character and thus wants her on the shelves for 10 year old kids who watch any 5 min clip on their I pad to notice as they go through a store with their parents.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858282)
Posted by o.supreme on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Windblade? Really?... :roll: Bah!

So much for this being all about G1 >:oP

Seconded. Also...Just FYI just wanted Cobo to know I read that line in Trace Beaulieu's "Angry Crow" voice ;)
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858283)
Posted by Emerje on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:37pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:I think that the Windblade isn't correct. Yes, a retool of Highbrow would be simple enough- just change the cockpit, wings on the arms instead of rotors, retool the legs to be less chunky, and maybe redo the chest- be there's zero reason to have her in the lineup. She's getting a retooled RID figure, and that one makes her third figure in four years (Generations, RID, retooled RID), and that's not counting the straight up recolors. Hasbro isn't that dumb to make a fourth.

Yeah, it's five with the two consecutive SDCC exclusives. I really hope somebody lost their mind and it's actually Spinister being repainted from Highbrow.

Emerje
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858284)
Posted by Burn on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:41pm CST
carytheone wrote:Windblade, the new Bumblebee. Soon to be warming pegs near you :-P

If that happens, the firebombs are coming your way!
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858285)
Posted by Deadput on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:43pm CST
Ah cool if this is true I can have a Windblade in my Titanmaster group as a Titanmaster.

That would make BlastWave, Stormshot and ROTF Breakaway the only deluxe Autobots that are not Titanmasters in said collection.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858287)
Posted by Deadput on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CST
Ah just saw the other post about solid cases that would explain why there were over 10 Mindwipe's in my Toys R Us a few weeks ago they were shelf warming then and probably still are.

About 4 Wolfwire's there too.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858289)
Posted by VanOscuro on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:49pm CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:A Windblade from Highbrow? I'm intrigued. I can already imagine what it'll look like, but I want to see what it'll actually be.

I'd prefer Nautica or Velocity from at least one of the these molds. I'm more of a MTMTE/Lost Light fan. Plus Nautica is overdue.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858290)
Posted by carytheone on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:49pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Windblade? Really?... :roll: Bah!

So much for this being all about G1 >:oP

Now that's a very specific reference I get ;)^ :CROW: Misties worldwide :BOWDOWN:

Burn wrote:

If that happens, the firebombs are coming your way!
You should see the Transformers RID section of my local TRU. I could start a Windblade clone war and have enough firebomb fodder to survive the initial volley. :michaelbay:

I personal really like the character and the Generations toy, but hey one less thing to buy :ic$:
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858292)
Posted by Kurona on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CST
Windblade from Highbrow... just... doesn't... work. At all.

I kinda miss when Hasbro would re-issue figures from a line or two back with a few changes to inflate the latter waves without resorting to redecoes. Like Blurr and Longrack and Runamuck and all that in Cybertron. That way we could get a somewhat better Windblade without resorting to making her a recolour of a mold that doesn't work for her at all.

It's a shame, really, because between her being okay in RiD and incredible in IDW I really like her. But all this incessant pushing by Hasbro to such ridiculous degrees is gonna make her the fandom's new Hot Rod. ... who I also like when everyone hated him.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858293)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:55pm CST
Emerje wrote:Seems really strange that we'd get an entire wave of remolds/repaints and a single re-release.

Emerje

Right because Combiner Wars didnt give us 2 entire waves of just retools/redecos ;)

And anyways, wave 4 has 5 deluxes so we can all assume any sense or pattern is non existent.
Re: Rumour for Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxes (1858295)
Posted by william-james88 on February 9th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CST
Kurona wrote:I kinda miss when Hasbro would re-issue figures from a line or two back with a few changes to inflate the latter waves without resorting to redecoes. Like Blurr [...] in Cybertron.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS IRONHIDE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS MIRAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Starscream new sealed B002 Hasbro G1 Version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AOE Age of Extinction Hound Voyager Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars menasor NIB!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY