Transformers News: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed

Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 8:36PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,382

It seems Hasbro wasn't clear about where the Clones fit within the Titans Return landscape (Fastclash, Pounce and their unrevealed friends). While the message that was spread was that they were a class of their own, it lead to a lot of speculation from the fans. One being that they were in between the Legend and Deluxe size, another that they didn't interact with the rest of the line. Finally, it also let people speculate that the fact that they were their own class meant they didn't have a designated price point and thus could only be sold in a box set (of course, that ignores the fact that the RID line has various price points with one offs, but it was an argument none the less). Well, it's time to set the record straight: from all accounts of the various fans who bought the set, the clones fit right into the Legends class. They are as big, as you will see below, and also have similar interaction with Titan Masters, where Titan Masters can ride them. Does any of this new info change your mind of this set and of the clones? Would you have wanted them bigger? Are you glad they can interact with Titan Masters? Let us know!

Credit(s): TF-fan kev777, AutobotMirage, Bumblebee 21

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868815)
Posted by william-james88 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Of course they could have "done more". This is almost always true. Will, you seem especially price conscious for these products throughout the various discussions on these boards. Would you be willing to pay $125-$150 for these sets if it meant more tooling? Hasbro likely has numbers to say that the aggregate of the fandom wouldn't.

Not seeing more retooling isn't laziness, it's cost control.

Hey Scotty I realize I never replied about the cost based reasoning. I totally get that and see why it was done this way. Afterall, Victorion had a retooling and new weapons but all the other non exclusive boxsets were straight redecos. But I find that one smarter than what they did with Quckswitch here. The G2 redecos make perfect sense as redecos because thats what the G2 toys were. Its why no one minds when they redeco a seeker mold into a different seeker. Its cost saving there too, but it fits with the character. With Quickswitch, that same cost saving is there but made more apparent because that toy was very different from Six Shot. If they wanted to do a straight redeco of Sixshot, Greatshot would have been better since thats exactly what Greatshot is (just like with the G2 CW redecos). You would have preferred Greatshot too right?

In the end, I get the cost conscious aspect, but I would preffer it they worked that into doing redecos which made more sense (and of course, not tease us with possible retooling, but thats another thing).

Bronzewolf wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
it was misfire
the 4th deluxe in wave 5 said wolfwire. im thinking that was a placeholder for slugslinger

If this is the case I'll be severely disappointed as I missed out on Wolfy the first time around and was really hoping to get him now. I just completed my OG Autobot Headmasters and he's the last one I need to complete the OG Cons. (Ironically, Wolfwire is the one I wanted most out of the first couple waves 'cause he's just a wittle pupper shnuppers, yes he is, yes he is!)

"Call me what, you did? A big mistake mate, that was"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhhhh, that was too good. Perfect image! :lol:

[quote]I don't think that the Wolfwire listing was a placeholder. Given that every other Deluxe from the first 2 waves has seen a re-release, it would make sense for WW to get one too - and I don't remember placeholder listings ever being a thing before, at least in TR? (I could be wrong on that though.) I'd say chances are still good of WW seeing re-release in Wave 5... the only thing then is, how many places are actually going to get Wave 5 in. :???:

It's a good point. You've got TLK coming in hard over the next few weeks. I have a fear that anything else TF related (whether that's TR or otherwise) is going to get blindsided. That's not the end a great line like this deserves. :([/quote]
A few things to mention here.
1- the news of wolfwire being in wave 5 came directly from a supplier who has a direct account with hasbro. They gave him a wave breakdown and he then gave it to his client.
2- about TLK toys drowning out the rest, hasbro stated that all lines would coexist and you should be able to find the toys you are looking for. Not saying thats whats going to happen, but at least they are aware of our concerns. We will see what good that does.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868818)
Posted by Qwan on March 23rd, 2017 @ 8:51pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Honestly I like Nautica a lot better when I'm looking at her in a group shot. I actually think she looks more distinct from Brainstorm and Blurr when she's right next to them - which isn't the kind of thing that normally works that way!

And the Clones, I think, are a pretty lateral situation. I would've been equally happy with either slightly-above-Legends-class without TM compatibility, or straight-up Legends class with the ability to cart TMs around (which is what we're getting after all, it seems). Hypothetical best- and worst-case scenarios are above-Legends with TM compatibility, or Legends without TM compatibility, respectively - but either of the two most likely outcomes would have been alright with me.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868820)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT
Qwan wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I was telling someone else I don't see three retools. I see three characters that I know and love.

Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868824)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

AutobotMirage
TF-fan kev777

Works for me.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868825)
Posted by LE0KING on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

oh wow that looks stupid. That alt mode is simply terrible. :SICK:
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868826)
Posted by RAR on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:05pm CDT
Titanmaster Rodimus looks so much like Headstrong.

It seems so strange that Takara is dragging it's heels with Kup & Hotrod. I guess they may have stopped or slowed down the line while the Movie 5 stuff is current. But I want to see what Takara Hotrod looks like and I want to seem them start repainting the later Titanmaster vehicles too. As many people have speculated their Kup may be quite different in colour too. it would be so strange to make Blurr and not Kup & Hotrod - they should reissue Japanese Blurr too as he's so hard to get and he's a nice complement to the other two.

Oh and taking on the idea of Boxed sets forever... There is always the idea of Flywheels from Blitwing to keep dredging up too as a possible item of inclusion. You might be able to make Siren/Loundmouth out of Hotrod too if you strip the pipes & Tail off and give him some roof lights and a nice paint job - he might need a new chest - but I think it can pass if it has too.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868828)
Posted by RodimusRex on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:08pm CDT
I was thinking...

The last Takara Rodimus release was Classics Hot Rod in Rodimus Prime/Convoy colors.

Do you suppose this TM Rodimus Prime head tooling could be a hint that Takara will be doing a redeco of Hot Rod (with this alternate head) in the darker Rodimus Prime deco?
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868830)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:13pm CDT
RAR wrote:Titanmaster Rodimus looks so much like Headstrong.

It is a big question on what's going on with Takara. Next figure is trypticon and he's not out for 6 months. They're sitting on a lot of good molds and retools and before anyone says "Takara doesn't do repaints" they do, they do a lot, they just don't do the ones Hasbro does. Does make me wonder if they're taking an indefinite hiatus for a while after Trypticon.

It took two and half years for them to release Skids. They teased a Jhiaxus and I was pumped for that and it never happened, Hell, were getting more Japanese characters from Hasbro than Takara, overlord, metalhawk, black shadow, the headmaster juniors.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868831)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:

I'm not sure where you are located, but I've seen a number of Wolfwires in Walgreens (Chicago area) while hunting for Wave 4.

Question, just because I was there a few weeks ago: are you finding them in Walgreens that are actually in the city proper, or in walgreens around the suburbs or farther out? I went to both a walgreens and a target in the city proper and they had no TF;s whatsoever

Suburbs. I live in the Homewood and work in Northbrook. There are a ridiculous like 15 stores within 15 miles of each. I've also seen Brainstorm the most if you have missed out on him so far.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868832)
Posted by william-james88 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:15pm CDT
RodimusRex wrote:I was thinking...

Wasnt the last takara rodimus release the Cloud Rodimus figure?
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868833)
Posted by RodimusRex on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
RAR wrote:Titanmaster Rodimus looks so much like Headstrong.

The day they pass on a Rodimus mold is the day they declare bankruptcy, if I understand the Japanese fandom at all.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868834)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:17pm CDT
RodimusRex wrote:I was thinking...

If they do that toy it'll either be like the other colors they've done from United or Henkai Henkai or go Magenta like the MP(which is the only reason I'll get takaras). They try their best to be as accurate as possible. I don't see Takara taking a straight hot rod toy with his sports car and giving it that brownish deco to make it look like Rodimus prime,
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868835)
Posted by RodimusRex on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RodimusRex wrote:I was thinking...

Wasnt the last takara rodimus release the Cloud Rodimus figure?

Er... Last RETAIL release. :-)

Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868836)
Posted by william-james88 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:21pm CDT
RodimusRex wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RodimusRex wrote:I was thinking...

Wasnt the last takara rodimus release the Cloud Rodimus figure?

Er... Last RETAIL release. :-)

Turns out I was wrong too. This is the last Takara retail release of Rodimus ;)

Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868837)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:22pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:

Thanks! The inner-city ones must just not carry the figures.

And Brainstorm was actually a figure I wasn't looking for. I love the thrilling 30 one I have
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868838)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:27pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:

Thanks! The inner-city ones must just not carry the figures.

It's a damn good brainstorm but I'd be lying if I said he wasn't in a box in my office closet. I really like the TR one being the same heights the others and everyone he chills with in MTMTE but it is a good figure and looking back it was a good experiment for what became Titans Return.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868841)
Posted by Kurona on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:34pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RodimusRex wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RodimusRex wrote:I was thinking...

Wasnt the last takara rodimus release the Cloud Rodimus figure?

Er... Last RETAIL release. :-)

Turns out I was wrong too. This is the last Takara retail release of Rodimus ;)

*The best Takara retail release of Rodimus
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868843)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:42pm CDT
I am my own robot!!! I am NOT just a purple Blurr with wingfans!!!

<!-- ia1 -->IMAG0493.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

Oh, damnit!!!

<!-- ia0 -->IMAG0492.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Honestly, I actually like the figure even though it is literally Blurr with 2 wing pieces pressed into the arms. My honest first impression of Blurr was that his slim body could easily be used for a fembot.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868847)
Posted by kurthy on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:00pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Maybe they're just wanting to focus on the movie line for now. TAV hasn't gotten much love either. Right now they're sitting on a ton of awesome molds between TR and RID but nothing has been announced.
Re: Scale Comparison for Titans Return Fastclash and Titan Master Compatibility Revealed (1868848)
Posted by Qwan on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:01pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I am my own robot!!! I am NOT just a purple Blurr with wingfans!!!

[attachment=1]IMAG0493.jpg[/attachment]

Oh, damnit!!!

[attachment=0]IMAG0492.jpg[/attachment]

I'm actually pretty sure most people were hypothesizing that Blurr would make a good fembot for quite a while - I think, though, that most of us thought he'd be used for Arcee rather than Nautica. (Similar alt-modes, precedent as a Headmaster even if it is just in The Rebirth, etc.)

But that Nautica is actually growing on me quite quickly now that we're getting in-hand photos! I think that second photo really says it all for me, because I looked at it and actually had to go "hang on, are those really all the parts that are different? That doesn't really look like the same silhouette". Even if she is just a redeco with a few new parts, those parts and deco are doing a great job of making her look quite separate from her mold-mates!

(Maybe this was Hasbro's plan all along? Give Blurr a rubbish color-scheme so that any redeco with more than two different shades would immediately look like a massively different figure? :P )
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 33%
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 31%
You save: 26%
You save: 23%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars 2016 Liokaiser Platinum Edition Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 21%