SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed

SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 1:39pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,723

Interest in this project has been building ever since Simon Furman expressed his interest a few months back, and now it's becoming a reality. We just received word from Supreme Convoy that IDW has confirmed Transformers #81 through #100 is going to happen. This will be a continuation of the original Marvel comics run to be penned by Simon Furman and illustrated by Andrew Wildman.

Who says petitions don't work?

Credit(s): IDW

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2011 1:48pm CDT

Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263723)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 21st, 2011 @ 1:52pm CDT
Yes, I'll get this.
Really good news!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263724)
Posted by Metroplex79 on July 21st, 2011 @ 1:55pm CDT
It looks like I'm getting back into comics again :sad: :APPLAUSE: :P :lol:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263727)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 21st, 2011 @ 1:58pm CDT
And with all his experience working around Budianski's stories to simply expand one continuity, maybe, just maybe these 20 issues actually won't break continuity with his G2 stuff.

Yeah, I know, if I get my expectations too high, it'll be a letdown no matter what...except in this case I know I'll love it regardless!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263730)
Posted by Marcdachamp on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:00pm CDT
Awesome news!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263734)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
I'm back on board as well. (Hadn't been getting the comics for a while... too human-centered as of late.)

I hope they keep it all very retro and seamless... though with the advancements in the past, I can take like 10% "upgrade." (Thinking of the Star Trek remasters style... not the Star Wars remaster style.)
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263742)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
I'm currently reading the Marvel G1 stuff for the first time and it's pretty good... for the most part. The 80-issue U.S. run had it's ups and down, but that last story arc with Unicron was just epic. The G2 stuff was... dark forthe sake of being dark and could have been better. Now, I 'm reading the Marvel UK stuff (including reading their edited reprints of the U.S. issues), and the newer inserted material is quite intriguing.

Hopefully, this Issue 81-100 will be enjoyable too.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263754)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:22pm CDT
I told you guys this was something more than just a rumor. :P
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263757)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:It looks like I'm getting back into comics again :sad: :APPLAUSE: :P :lol:

Same here.. Looks like we will finally find out what happened to the Neo Kinghts too. Interesting thing is will G2 Megatron tank be in this since that is part of the Gi joe line as well (he was rebuilt in Joe comics for those that do not know)..

I am stoked about this!!!!
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263758)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo looking forward to this! :grin:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263759)
Posted by bluecatcinema on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:27pm CDT
Sounds interesting. I wonder if they're going to keep the Action Masters around, or find a way to depower them.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263764)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
Honestly, I LURVED the G2 comics. Still some of my favorites to date. They were gritty, dark, and had a nice story arc and art.

I hope the new ones can be respectful of that G2 run... and/or incorporate elements into the G1 comic wrapping-up universe. Liked the tank. The sheer bulk of it (compared with a tiny pistol) made for some epic action.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263783)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 21st, 2011 @ 2:51pm CDT
Also, F**k yea! We won! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
This and Mike Costa's resignation from the comics are just great news, I guess I'll get back into TF comics after all.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263798)
Posted by Stormwolf on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
Nice, this news just made my day :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263809)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT

I am glad to see the series get continued. 20 years is a long time to wait.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263817)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
FIC YEAH! :D
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263818)
Posted by st@rscream on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
Incredible news!

:CON:
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263823)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:35pm CDT
Heh. I'd rather see a...

"Ten years later, shortly after restoring the Action Masters to their normal state..."
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263827)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 21st, 2011 @ 3:37pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:I hope Wildman keeps his art closer to his Dark Ages run rather than his Marvel US stuff and all those fleshy faces. Why couldn't they have gotten Senior?

I am glad to see the series get continued. 20 years is a long time to wait.

Yeah, I'd love to see Senior back helping on the project, too. I loved his blocky art. Maybe IDW can shoot for a hybrid "best of" kinda retro style.
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263867)
Posted by Seibertron on July 21st, 2011 @ 4:24pm CDT
This pretty much sums up my thoughts about this:

Thank you IDW! I'm very excited about this happening at very long last. I've waited 20+ years for this. I'm a very happy fan. :D
Re: SDCC 2011 Coverage: Transformers #81 Confirmed (1263869)
Posted by Seibertron on July 21st, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:

I am glad to see the series get continued. 20 years is a long time to wait.

One never knows ... perhaps he'll lend his pencils to a story or three. I've got my fingers crossed!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY