SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor!

SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor!

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 12:04pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 62,001

Ladies and gentlemen, put on your anti-nerdgasm pants! Starting off our coverage of San Diego Comic Con 2014, we have our Breakfast Event images, which show off our first look at combiners Superion (first teased at BotCon last month) and Menasor! These combiners, part of next year's Generations: Combiner Wars series, are prototypes and show display pieces, hence the hot glue on spots and some wibbly bits and pieces here and there.

As many have guessed, Menasor's central figure is indeed a Motormaster redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime (also first revealed at BotCon) figure! Also worth noting is that Superion and Menasor are joined by additional characters which are not actually a part of the traditional Aerialbot and Stunticon teams... Superion wields Legends Powerglide as a weapon, and Menasor uses an as-of-yet revealed Legends buddy to form Menasor's traditional car-torso-shield!

Check out the images below, which have been mirrored from our full gallery of the Breakfast Event, which can be viewed here!

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor!

Credit(s): Seibertron.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 24th, 2014 12:10pm CDT

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593138)
Posted by HiddenElephant on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
Scramble City LIVES!!!! (and not for the first time, either!)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593141)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
At least this time they used a larger figure for the center torso. They're better proportioned now.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593142)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
I like Superion. I think I'm ready to retire FansProject's Superion in favour of this.

I do not like Menasor. I will keep FP's.

I'm curious to see the rest of the reveals... under an hour to go.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593144)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
These two are a step in the right direction, but not characters I particularly care about so I'll be passing on them.

I quite like the idea of Legends figures lending some support.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593147)
Posted by Marcdachamp on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
I really like them both, but where in the name of Unicron is my Devastator with Prowl as the head??? :sad:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593148)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
Not bad. It'll be interesting to see how they look transformed properly, especially Superion's arms...are they that long or can they be configured better? :-? Superion's legs look hella silly though #-o

Time to put my negative nancy hat on-I'm super miffed Motormaster is a prime re-paint! :-x MM should be his own bot. Proper miffed and cheesed off now :evil:
.....

Wait...does that mean Prime can combine with things? Does that mean if I make a Thunderclash from Prime...he could combine with things....?

Miffed status alleviating slightly...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593149)
Posted by Super Megatron on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
It doesn't look like Motormaster is a redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime - the hinges and configurations are all wrong - but I could be wrong.

Menasor's blue chest gun looks a lot like G1 Skyhammer's gun, though...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593150)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
I will buy everything!=D Agreed with Mkall though Superion is more awesome of the two
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593151)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
Want to see what they look like as individuals. They don't look that bad combined but I'm not real interested in either one.

(Also secretly hoping this leads to a Predaking down the line. I'll buy the crap out of an affordable Predaking.)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593152)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
If Generations Prime was designed to later become a combiner...

... that raises some questions in my mind about Generations Chromia...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593153)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:It doesn't look like Motormaster is a redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime - the hinges and configurations are all wrong.

Had to borrow from the competition to prove this. It pains me to do this act.

Here it is, proof from General Tekno via TFW2005.

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593155)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:27pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593157)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593158)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:You know I think primes a pretool, and motormaster actually came first in the design process.

Makes sense and it only reinforces the fact that Optimus will be forever tied to his rival. >:oP

I'm not that miffed about as I have Henkei Convoy already and thus have a separate entity from Motorbreath. Remember, AoE Evoution 2-pack for those that don't ;)

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593159)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:42pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote: And I'm predicting 4 teams, given that Hasbro has said there will be 16 Deluxes in all.

As unlikely as it is, Ima roll a hard six, and bet on monstructor.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593160)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:47pm CDT
I like what I am seeing so far.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593163)
Posted by Convoy on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Why is this happening? What did we do to deserve this?
We are not worthy!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593166)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:02pm CDT
Not really digging Menasor, but that's okay because I never really liked him anyway. Superion's looking pretty cool. Once he comes out I'll probably move the FP one to the Energon shelf where it sort of belongs.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593171)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

As unlikely as it is, Ima roll a hard six, and bet on monstructor.

I'd say Superion, Menasor, Defensor, and a Bruticus that doesn't suck are most likely. Still gonna hope for Predaking.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Generations: Combiner Wars Superion and Menasor! (1593172)
Posted by megatronus on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
These are the most encouraging things I've seen since the announcement of Metroplex. A serious step in the right direction. Bravo! :APPLAUSE:

I seriously see myself using that Superion, and expect it to not look at all out of place amongst my 3rd Party combiners. Finally - an Autobot combiner for my collection (I've been lukewarm on the 3rd Party ones). I think I'll hold onto my FP M3/Intimidator for now. Honestly, my biggest nitpick with Hasbro's version are the horns. They're a bit off. I'll still pick up the Menasor set for their bot modes, though.

I definitely think "Combiner Wars" is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Hasbro taking it to the 3rd Parties. This is awesome.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Megatron Robo Fighters Figure 2011 NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Mechtech MUDFLAP Autobot Intermediate Level 2" on EBAY