Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 10:01PM CST

Categories: Site Articles, Editorials, Top Lists
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,164

Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are our opinions so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Top 5 Best Cliffjumper toys

With Cliffjumper having a surprise appearance in the Bumblebee movie I figured we were due for a rundown of the best Cliffjumper toys in the past. What's funny about Cliff is that due to also turning into a small car and having a similar look to Bumblebee in robot mode (horn helmet), they usually share the same mold. It even happened in the Bumblebee film where his body was the same as Bumblebee's on Cybertron. Sometimes it works and it's awesome and sometimes he has a totally different mold and it's even more awesome. Since there have been great toys attributed to Cliffjumper in the past, some of these toys were already discussed in the past and thus certain entries will feel familiar.

5. Transformers G1 1984 Cliffjumper (Cliff)

I just love how cute it is. Transformers was doing super deformed before it was cool (granted, it all came from Japan, so it makes sense) and G1 Cliffjumper is a perfect example of that notion done right with an adorable Porshe. As someone who did not grow up with G1, I had assumed that Cliffjumper was always a similar mold to Bumblebee (since that is what he has become since) but with the G1 toy, we can see the individuality of the design, especially in the cute car mode. - William-James88

4. Transformers (2007) Cliffjumper

The 2007 Camaro Concept figure is actually a masterpiece in its own right. It also happens to be the only Movie Deluxe Cliffjumper we have up to now. Robot mode has a lot of articulation, and while it may feel like a caveman compared to the future incarnations of Bee, it is still a stand up figure. The Gun/Blade that Cliffjumper wields almost makes Mechtech look like its ancestor. The gaudy teal of the Allspark Battles looks far from tacky on Cliffjumper, instead highlighting some of his aesthetics and adding a bit more flare to his colour scheme.Bottom line, it's the movie-verse. There are explosions, big guns, and Decepticons flying everywhere as plot-armor Autobots blow them into pieces. And this is Cliffjumper. The bot who has got enough weaponry to make explosions and blow up plot-armor Decepticons to bits.
- Blurrz (originally published here)

3. Transformers Prime: Cyberverse Cliffjumper

Would you believe that the best legion figure of all time happens to be of Cliffjumper? Well it is.
I think many Legion/Legends aficionados would agree that this mold takes the cake. A bitchin' muscle car alt mode, a mind blowing transformation, and the best articulated robot mode there is in this size class. The way the arms fold up into the hood, using the arms points of articulation is a stroke of micro-engineering genius. Then there are the feet. Not only do they have forward and back rocking motion, but the have ANKLE TILT! If this figure had hip and head swivel the world of Transformers might just implode on itself.
- Cobotron

2.Transformers Classics Cliffjumper

Classics Cliffjumper is both a great toy and an important Cliffjumper for me. He's important because of his role in one of my favorite Fictional Universes ever: Shattered Glass. It was the Classics Cliff that made it into the story, and served as a great character and source of entertainment for the duration of the story.

Now as for the toy, it is something special and unique to me. For one thing, that alt mode is very bouncy and fun, yet the no windows with actual seat backs and wave rider trailer make for a really cool look, like he intends to have some fun and take care of some business. The opening hood effect thanks to his transformation is neat, and he is a good looking hatchback, I like it. The transformation itself is very fun, standing him up yet pulling in some nice design cues, such as how the arms work and the chest flipping down from the rest of the hatchback. I also like how the seats become knee pads. Robot mode is fun, very sort of inflated in a good way. The red and silver are very nice, and even though he doesn't have a Cliffjumper only head design, it's still good and works for him. The waverider trailer is kinda lame, but still fun, and I enjoy the jetpack idea with him. I also enjoy rolling him around, since he does have those wheels in his heels. Classics gave us a great figure, and I will be keeping him into the foreseeable future. He is too much fun not to love.

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper toys

1. Transformers Prime: First Edition Cliffjumper mold in all his iterations!

That feeling of transforming this toy for the first time and seeing how all the parts came together is a feeling I only ever had since when dealing with Masterpiece toys. And this toy was a toy made for mass retail (he only cost some fans $5 in the States). You look at the image and wonder how the front of the awesome looking 70s Charger type vehicle could end up right under the windshield, considering how long the car's front it, and yet it comes together perfectly in that very last step. The other Prime Cliffjumper deluxe couldn't be bothers and just has a fake chest. But that is not all, as mentioned you have the sweet looking car mode with the bull horns in the front both referencing the bot mode head and the Brahma Bull himself who provided the voice. And the you have the brilliant gun hand transformation mimicking what we see on the show and you got yourself a true winner. Who would have thought of all characters, it would be Cliffjumper to be given such an amazing treatment in Prime with a new design (nothing resembling Bumblebee) and such a stellar toy. - William-James88

Transformers News: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper toys

Honourable mentions: Animated Cliffjumper, I just find his mug so darn adorable!

Transformers Animated Cliffjumper Gallery

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002867)
Posted by Flashwave on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:05pm CST

The Classics Bee/Cliff mold is still a favorite of mine and I am struggling because of it to find a good "Generations" Bee, with so many versions of Bee taking the Modern Muscle Car look and yet that toy is just so fun. It does a nice job of updating the original design and the rear wheel swivel trick is quite cool for a then 10 dollar toy. (Top 5 idea: Cool transformation tricks) And for how old that mold is that either speaks well for itsself or speaks to how poor the options for Bee are, but I'll go woth the former.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002869)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:14pm CST
As soon as I saw the tweet that links to this page, I had a feeling that the First Edition Cliffjumper would be number 1, and I immensely agree. I wish mine didn't have his grille butt break, though at least it's the GDO version. I'd be more upset if it was the FE because it's DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON! Speaking of, I wish his BB cameo had his head match up with his TFP counterpart so he can homage the FOC head swap.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002870)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:17pm CST
Im surprised that the GDO or the WFC cliffjumper didn't make the list
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002871)
Posted by william-james88 on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:18pm CST
Flashwave wrote:100% this list, although I much prefer the GDO G1 head to his Prime Noggin. I gave mine the other Prime figure's hammer gun to be thr Glass Gas Gun just because I could

Hell yeah man! That transformation trick list idea is good, I will give it some thought when I have a minute. And yeah, GDO cliff is defintiely included in the number 1 spot but I wish Seibertron had a gallery of it so that I could have also added a pic of the head.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002872)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:25pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:Im surprised that the GDO or the WFC cliffjumper didn't make the list

GDO was covered with the First Edition "in all its iterations", all that's different is the head. :) Alternity Cliff is also absent, but...

Transformers Alternity Cliffjumper (Supreme Red Pearl) (Cliff (Supreme Red Pearl)) Gallery

Such a shame Cliffjumper is a mere shadow of Bumblebee, he deserves much better than that.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002874)
Posted by Prime Target on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:28pm CST
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002876)
Posted by william-james88 on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:46pm CST
Prime Target wrote:What about the Combiner Wars Legion Cliffjumper (Universe 2.0 Bumblebee repaint), 2008 70s Camaro legends Cliffjumper, The 2010 Generations WFC Cliffjumper and the Bumblebee VW Bug Cliffjumper? All four came from great ,if underrated, molds and even though they're all just repaints/Slight retools they all radiate the spirit of the character really well.

Would you replace any of the toys on this top 5 list with any that you mentioned?
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002878)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:00pm CST
It is such a shame that Fun Pub never gave us a new Tap-Out redecoed from the GDO Cliffjumper toy.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002879)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CST
Three out of five are just Beedecos, always a bridesmaid.

I'd replace any of the Bee molds with the PRiD CliffyJ. That mold in some ways is more screen accurate than the FE, generally a lot of fun to transform & pose and has a nice tight alt-mode. That hammer gun is just crazy go nuts.

Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002882)
Posted by william-james88 on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:24pm CST
carytheone wrote:Three out of five are just Beedecos, always a bridesmaid.

I demand a recount!
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002884)
Posted by durroth on January 5th, 2019 @ 11:33pm CST
now if only hasbro would stop killing cliffjumper off as fast as they possibly can x.x
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002888)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 6th, 2019 @ 12:31am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

yeah, i agree besides the G1 and Prime versions Cliffjumper really doesn't have his own mold
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002894)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 6th, 2019 @ 2:11am CST
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002904)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on January 6th, 2019 @ 4:42am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:[here is to hoping that they somehow can get an MP version of Cliffjumper sometime in the future ;)

That brings up a dilemma - if a Masterpiece Cliffjumper would be made, would his vehicle mode be a realistically-proportioned Porsche 924, or the superdeformed penny racer one of the toy and cartoon?
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002909)
Posted by carytheone on January 6th, 2019 @ 5:08am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm also surprised that WFC Cliffjumper isn't on the list. Sure it's another Bee repaint, but it's a damn good figure, and the only Cliffjumper I ever owned.
Probably because - https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/36711/
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002913)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 6th, 2019 @ 5:32am CST
I knew the top picks would be the Cyberverse Legion and Prime 1st Edition. I'd take down the Classic at #3 and you'd get a perfect list.

Also:
-- Oh no! They killed Cliffjumper!

-- YOU BASTARDS!
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002915)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 6th, 2019 @ 5:36am CST
carytheone wrote:
Probably because - https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/36711/

I never got this. Why people have such a hard time transforming that mold? I don't have much patience myself and I always transformed my WFC Bee with ease and glee.
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002921)
Posted by Emerje on January 6th, 2019 @ 6:57am CST

5) Energon Cliffjumper - Yep, I went there. Who said Cliffjumper had to be a little red car? Or look G1? Good bot mode, great alt mode, an OK torso mode, and one of the best leg modes.

4) Alternity Cliffjumper - Nice modernization, only real issue I had was that he's a bit wide and they could have him a bit flatter. At least he got a new head.

3) G1 Cliffjumper - I mean, we probably wouldn't have this list if they hadn't done such a good job on their first try. Unlike G1 Bumblebee this guy nailed the iconic head sculpt without having to be redesigned for the cartoon.

1) Prime: First Edition/GDO Cliffjumper - OK, I'll agree that this is a fantastic mold with some really nice transformation tricks.

Honorable mention goes to shoving the WfC Cliff head on the Classics body, this has been my default Cliffjumper since 2010.

Emerje
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002923)
Posted by carytheone on January 6th, 2019 @ 7:54am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Probably because - https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/36711/
Emerje wrote:2) War for Cybertron Cliffjumper - I don't really understand the dislike for the mold, I never had any trouble with it. The dark red with yellow highlights is such a great look.
I don't get the complaints for this mold either. It and the TF Prime figures is what got me into collecting. I remember the WfC Bee and Lineback Prime were both marked level 4 back when they still did that, and the "complexity" is one of the things I like about it. Isn't that one of the reasons why MP is collected? I've never thought it was a challenge though. The only complaint I can see would be from the scale fanatics as he is a big boy, but that's never bothered me either. I'm still on the fence about getting the CliffyJ version because that red is so glorious.

Emerje wrote:Straight Bumblebee repaints have no place on my list, feels like an insult to Cliffjumper. So here's my list. :twisted:
I agree as they are not really Cliffjumper toys as much as they are just red Bee toys Image
Re: Top 5 Best Cliffjumper Transformers Toys (2002930)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 6th, 2019 @ 8:40am CST
carytheone wrote:

Literally.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Optimal Optimus Card hascon card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime  Battle Base Trailer Plus Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 G2 LOT of 5 Leadfoot Strafe Brawl Blast Off Tankor incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 WINDCHARGER minibot figure Hasbro/Takara LQQK!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Power Of The prime PP-35 Autobot NovaStar Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Masterpiece TRU Bumblebee Figure w/ 6" Spike Witwicky" on EBAY