Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed

Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed

Tuesday, October 25th, 2011 12:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 40,489

Through a series of Tweets, the Transformers Collector's Club has unveiled the first clear, mockups of the final paint scheme for the upcoming club-exclusive Shattered Glass Drift. Click the teaser below to see the full image.

This figure will be available to purchase, along with Generations Runabout sometime next year for club members.

We'll keep you posted at Seibertron.com of any new information.

Credit(s): @The_TCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1304997)
Posted by Mkall on October 25th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CDT
hehe, Deadpool. I hope he comes with a comic. That would be awesome.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305005)
Posted by ShardFenix on October 25th, 2011 @ 12:53pm CDT
i dont know the alt-mode looks fantastic, the bot mode almost a bit too much red for me.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305008)
Posted by UltraPrimal on October 25th, 2011 @ 12:59pm CDT
Wow! You can really tell FunPub isn't even trying anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted that entire bio from some Marvel wiki entry or toy card back bio or something and just went Ctrl+F and replaced "Deadpool" with "Drift". The whole Shattered Glass universe idea just seems lazy to begin with. But even that idea could have been interesting if executed properly. Instead we got cookie cutter characters in formulaic stories. This "Drift" is the worst of the bunch yet. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel sues for plagiarism. I would have rather bought this figure if they released him as an actual Marvel Crossovers Deadpool. FunPub is quickly replacing Dreamwave as the Image Comics of Transformers.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305011)
Posted by TulioDude on October 25th, 2011 @ 1:03pm CDT
So an Deadpool homage,hun?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305019)
Posted by Requiem Prime on October 25th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305025)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 25th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CDT
Ummm yeah, I'm gonna pass on this...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305027)
Posted by Bass X0 on October 25th, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:I'm surprised they didn't give him Blurr's guns. I do like the mold, but I cannot stand that gummy sword. The short swords are alright.

Drift comes with Blurr's guns too.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305028)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 25th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
Bass X0 wrote:

Drift comes with Blurr's guns too.

Pistols only, not the rifle.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305030)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on October 25th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
what are petro-rabbits?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305032)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 25th, 2011 @ 2:12pm CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote:what are petro-rabbits?

It's a throwback to one of G1 Kup's stories from Alpha 9. Supposedly they're either pretty dangerous or tame.

UltraPrimal wrote:Wow! You can really tell FunPub isn't even trying anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted that entire bio from some Marvel wiki entry or toy card back bio or something and just went Ctrl+F and replaced "Deadpool" with "Drift".

How about actually looking into it? ;)
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305034)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on October 25th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
:D I think it looks great. Can't wait til I can order one. :CON:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305036)
Posted by starscreamreturns on October 25th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
If anyone on here is a big Deadpool fan
Your not alone i'm a huge Deadpool fan!
On DA i'm poolshostage
on the DP bugle i'm poolshostage
DP fans look me up for awesome DP stuff
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305046)
Posted by Diem on October 25th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305049)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 25th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CDT
Diem wrote:Originally he had the Kanji for "Ice" on his doors but now it's a new Kanji that looks familiar but that I can't quite place. Does anyone know what it is?

You need to brush up on your kanji a bit. Drift had the kanji for samurai on his doors, SG Drift had the kanji 永 for "eternity" (nagai or tokoshie'ni). I agree it's close to 氷, which means "ice".
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305052)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on October 25th, 2011 @ 3:40pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You need to brush up on your kanji a bit. Drift has the kanji for samurai on his doors, SG Drift has the kanji for "eternity" (nagai or tokoshie'ni).

Thanks for clearing that up, even though I thought the original kanji stood for his name, Drift... And no... I know nothing about kanji... so thanks!
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305054)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 25th, 2011 @ 3:43pm CDT
Stryfe Convoy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Actually in the comics Drift had his name spelled out in katakana, the script used for loanwords.

I'm looking into the Kanji that has apparently replaced it, gimme a sec.

And I think I found it. It's not Japanese, rather it's Chinese: 定 this character reads as ding, and its basic meaning is "to settle".
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305057)
Posted by Diem on October 25th, 2011 @ 3:53pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Ah, I only saw a blurry picture at Botcon. The lower kanji is what was on SG Drift's doors at Botcon, the upper one is what I thought it was.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305059)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 25th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
Bleh, looking at it closer, 定 can still be either Chinese or Japanese. Meaning's the same tho: to settle, decision, in that direction. How do you pronounce it you ask?

Chinese: ding
Japanese: tei or jou
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305061)
Posted by rpetras on October 25th, 2011 @ 4:11pm CDT
And the 2012 "TFA: Cheetor Award" goes to .....
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Shattered Glass Drift Revealed (1305071)
Posted by Night_Viper on October 25th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The original mock-up had the kanji for "Eternity" on the door, as well as "Eternity" and "Fire" on the front above the headlights.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Rewind & Sunder legends class 2 pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Backpack Bunch 5-Pack Figures, Styles May Vary" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege GREENLIGHT & DAZZLESTRIKE MISB 2019 WFC-S15" on EBAY
Buy "????Playskool HASBRO Heroes TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Beam Box Game System Full Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Beast Fire Predaking Target 2013" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC Hasbro Transformers Evolution SOUNDWAVE Tablet Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters TRAILCUTTER Cyberverse Commander Missing Weapon" on EBAY