Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008

Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008

Monday, October 27th, 2008 4:53pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 10,538

Thanks to the blog of IDW Publishing's Editor in Chief Chris Ryall RyallTime, we can confirm the comic releases for this Wednesday October 29th 2008.

This week there will be only one Transformers Comic release from IDW, and it is a reprint of DW material:
- Transformers: Armada Trade Paperback #1

The Transformers: Armada Trade Paperback collects the first 5 issues of the Armada comic, and includes an 8 page preview comic, and cover gallery.

Next week, on Wednesday the 5th of November 2008, two more comics will be released from IDW. Thanks to IDW's Transformers Editor Denton Tipton's blog From the Tip, one new Spotlight and a reprint of a UK story will be released:
- Spotlight: Blurr
- Best of UK: Time Wars #4

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more comic information as it comes to hand.

And don't forget you can discuss, review and theorise about anything Transformers comics in the Cartoons and Comics Forum.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall, Denton Tipton

Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823225)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on October 27th, 2008 @ 5:29pm CDT
Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823235)
Posted by Mechabreaker on October 27th, 2008 @ 5:37pm CDT
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Blurr is gonna be so awesome. After what they did with Wheelie, I'm convinced that IDW can make ANY TF character awesome.

I totally agree, I can't wait for Spotlight: Blurr. I will admit, while I hated Wheelie in the 1986 movie and in the original cartoon. the Spotlight treatment that IDW did made the little bugger look like a badass!
Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823315)
Posted by JazZeke on October 27th, 2008 @ 7:25pm CDT
Mechabreaker wrote:

Ah, but consider the writers. Wheelie was written by Furman and Klaus Scherwinski. Say what you will about Furman, no one can deny he has a knack for taking obscure/less-than-likable characters and making them interesting and cool.

Blurr is going to be written by the new guy McCarthy, and his work in All Hail Megatron has been less than inspiring. This will be a test of his writing skill. I'm interested to see if he can actually tell a decent story when limited to one issue rather than being given twelve issues to stretch out and waste space in.
Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823349)
Posted by Mechabreaker on October 27th, 2008 @ 8:15pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:
Mechabreaker wrote:

I really like McCarthy's writing, and I really like the way AHM is turning out so far. Furman is a good writer, but he's been writing Transformers stories longer than McCarthy has, so I'm willing to give McCarthy some slack.
BTW (This will probably cause a flame war but I'll say it anyway, I was disappointed with Spotlight: Sideswipe, I feel that Furman could have done a better job on it.)
Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823385)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 27th, 2008 @ 9:44pm CDT
I concur with JazZeke. McCarthy has spent 4 issues to get forward enough story that would have easily fitted two issues.

Furman had to close 3 years of stories from who knows how many issues into 4.

I'm hoping that Blurr will be more than the pretty book with the stretched story that we have thus seen from AHM.
Re: Transformers Comic releases for October 29th 2008 (823408)
Posted by steve2275 on October 27th, 2008 @ 10:15pm CDT
next week looks good for me

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Trypticon Action Figure (B0773)" on EBAY