Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 2:20pm CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 24,883

Thanks to the video gaming site NeoGAF we have confirmation for the Chinese mainland release of Transformers: Devastation! The game is set to be released on March 3rd and will be spoken in simplified Chinese. There are also some limited edition bonuses to go with the release: an Autobot and a Decepticon Play Station Bundle and a limited edition Steelbook case for the game. The images are mirrored below for your enjoyment.

Does this excite you? Like what you are seeing? Let us know by heading on down to the comments section and stay tuned for all the latest news and galleries around here at Seibertron.com.

Transformers News: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release
Transformers News: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release
Transformers News: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release

Credit(s): NeoGAF

This article was last modified on Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 2:41pm CST

Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769359)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 24th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CST
'Decepticon Play Statino Bundle' Play Statino? Those chinese knock offs eh? :P

I love the game but you can probably get faction stickers to put on a regular black or white PS4 to give it a similar appearance. :)
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769361)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 24th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:'Decepticon Play Statino Bundle' Play Statino? Those chinese knock offs eh? :P

Dangit, I thought I was good. dang plat statinos.

On that site where this was found, there were a lot of people excited for the steelbook case. That seems to be popular :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769378)
Posted by carytheone on February 24th, 2016 @ 4:09pm CST
Those TF branded PS4s are sweet, but a sticker would do the same thing.

My ps4 is in a cabinet buried under games and controllers so it wouldn't do me much good. A TF branded controller would be cool though. That's something I put my eyes on often.

I just picked up the 20th anny dualshock 4 and it gives me all the tingles everytime I see it.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769472)
Posted by galvatron00 on February 24th, 2016 @ 9:32pm CST
carytheone wrote:Those TF branded PS4s are sweet, but a sticker would do the same thing.

Side note cary, a buddy of mine bought that 20AE PS4 bundle. Never opened, still sitting in the box, won't sell it to me. It gives me all the sads.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769875)
Posted by carytheone on February 26th, 2016 @ 12:58pm CST
itscramtastic wrote:I just want a PS4, ESPECIALLY a Autobot or Decepticon one, my problem is I keep buying Transformers!

That's not how you be a buddy :(

Those 20AEs went fast and then went straight to ebay for stupid amounts. I was so stoked when they released the controller later.

I'm still holding out for that magic $20 price for Devastation. Not that I don't think it worth more just I don't buy games at full retail. How else would I buy more plastic crack?
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1769876)
Posted by galvatron00 on February 26th, 2016 @ 1:03pm CST
carytheone wrote:

That's not how you be a buddy :(

That's what I'm saying!! I wouldn't sell it, that's not how I roll. I'd buy it to has. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1795582)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2016 @ 4:11pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians and video game fans, we bring news that Transformers: Devastation is on sale through both the Target Cartwheel App, and through Amazon, with Amazon's prices for most console's hovering around the $20 area. So does this pique your interest in it? Don't forget to let us know what you thought of this game, or if this is enough to convince you to buy it in the comments below.

Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1795606)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1795611)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 7th, 2016 @ 5:39pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1795658)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2016 @ 8:08pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I bought it for £20 last September on my PS4 and loved it. Really good fun and very replayable too. Also great graphic style.. And that's from me who always thought the G1 cartoon was badly-made error-ridden crud. A far better game than War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron both of which I found tedious and ugly :P

Not sure why you're comparing the two games, they're fundamentally different from the ground up >:oP
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1795659)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2016 @ 8:09pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:I bought mine months ago online, I sent the link before... and pic, activision mess up with prices all the time, just wait for offers.

Nobody messed anything up, it's a sale... It's been out for a while, it's time to clear the stock.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1800342)
Posted by Mr Skram on June 24th, 2016 @ 7:44pm CDT
It's $12.49 on Steam for the duration of the Summer Sale(ends July 4th).
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1805184)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 13th, 2016 @ 10:27am CDT
My walmart has the 360 version for 19.96
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1815269)
Posted by Jazz813 on August 14th, 2016 @ 4:49pm CDT
I still hope that Platinium Games will release a sequel of the game where you fight Nove or better Nemesis Prime in the end.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829302)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 28th, 2016 @ 10:30pm CDT
Seibertronian gamer Carytheone has dropped in to let us know that Transformers: Devastation will be getting a special treatment this October. PlayStation Blog has announced that member of PlayStation Plus will be allowed to purchase Transformers: Devastation free of charge for the month of October. So if you're a gamer and you're not signed up for PlayStation Plus, go sign up and get yourself some free games! And if you are signed up already, be ready to pick this game up!

Drawing on the talents from the original Transformers TV series for the story and voice work, the game should feel pleasantly familiar to fans. Fabled developer PlatinumGames also delivers a fun and rewarding combat system with their signature fast-paced action. With your choice of five Autobots, get in there and battle against the Decepticons and Insecticons to save earth from Megatron’s evil plans.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829308)
Posted by Rainmaker on September 28th, 2016 @ 10:59pm CDT
I am definitely going to try to get it.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829325)
Posted by Samsonator on September 29th, 2016 @ 12:56am CDT
Curses, I missed out on getting it for free by... getting it... for free... when it came out...

Complaint Withdrawn.

Related note, I really need to continue playing that game...
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829394)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:25am CDT
Already got it a year ago in a sale but still happy other PS4 Transformers fans who haven't yet bought it can get it for free and enjoy it. It's a lot of fun with colourful graphics and that's from someone who was never a big fan of the G1 cartoon. :)
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829397)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:32am CDT
I have played through it once. Was nice to see G1 bots on the screen but not sure I could sit through a 2nd run through.

Nice that PSN is offering some decent games again.
Re: Transformers: Devastation to have Chinese release with Limited Edition Exclusives (1829425)
Posted by carytheone on September 29th, 2016 @ 10:21am CDT
I too missed out on getting it free. I bought it a few months ago on discount via the PSN. Good game, but I only play as Bee. He is just so quick and just as powerful as the rest once you upgrade his weapons.

That's always the game I play in my head, buy or wait for "free".

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con Presale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Super Megatron Takara Tomy Mall TT-GS09 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con PRE ORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Ghostbusters - Transformers Generations Ectotron ECTO-1 with Comic (IN HAND)" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Deluxe Rotorstorm" on EBAY