Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron

Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron

Preorders open at $199.99

This exclusive MP-05 Megatron will feature:

1. Metallic Chrome Finish

2. Limited edition

3. Destron Leader Redeco

4. Modified retail packaging (image of package is not final)

Please Note: The images used were supplied in black & white, final product color will vary.

Orange Barrel Plug will be installed, see the website listing for further details.

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron

Credit(s): BBTS

Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612434)
Posted by Shockwave7 on October 9th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
Sigh - can tell by looking it's still flimsy. See how Megatron leans to the side, dragged by the weight of his Fusion Cannon. Will they incorporate the metal parts to replace the light plastic ones? That would be great. I can't have Megs carrying his cannon on my MP figure because he always topples due to the figure vs. cannon weight ratio.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612435)
Posted by ScottyP on October 9th, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT

Pessimistic reaction: This is happening instead of a new mold for Megs.

I'm leaning to the pessimistic side right now.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612437)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 9th, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT
Va'al wrote:We just received a message from site sponsor BigBadToyStore concerning a potentially very exciting reissue for some fans: Takara Tomy MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron is making a comeback, under a special release! Check out below more information about this exclusive 30th Anniversary figure and its features, including some images.

Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron

Preorders open at $199.99

This exclusive MP-05 Megatron will feature:

1. Metallic Chrome Finish

2. Limited edition

3. Destron Leader Redeco

4. Modified retail packaging (image of package is not final)

Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612441)
Posted by FracturedKoi on October 9th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
If this happens, I'll be sure to pick one up and brave transforming him so I can compare it with a real P38 like I did with the G1 version!

I had one of these once before, though, and wasn't too pleased with it. The plastic used was just cheap feeling, so much so that the screw that held on one of his arms just sheared right through and his arm just fell off!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612455)
Posted by shajaki on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612457)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
Aren't those 2 points redundant:

Chrome Finish
Destron Redeco

Isn't the new deco a chrome finish? This doesnt seem in any way superior to the original.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612459)
Posted by DMSL on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:25am CDT

To be honest i can't wait to get rid of it.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612461)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:28am CDT
DMSL wrote:A polished turd is still a turd. This Megatron is already in my collection and i have not transformed it a single time because it is as fragile as a toothpick.

To be honest i can't wait to get rid of it.

You can't wait to get R.I.D of it? 8-} I couldnt resist.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612489)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 9th, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612500)
Posted by padfoo on October 9th, 2014 @ 1:32pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:so happy i dont own this. as of right now soundwave is my con leader for my MP cons, until i get a MP starscream.

I own this mold and only transformed it once and then placed it back in the box. Like other here have stated it is very delicate and unstable.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612510)
Posted by megatronus on October 9th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Optimistic reaction: This is reminiscent of MP-1L, so a new MP Megs in 2015 or 16 may happen!

Pessimistic reaction: This is happening instead of a new mold for Megs.

I'm leaning to the pessimistic side right now.

shajaki wrote:im with scottyP. this is totally them milking the mold one last time. my money is on a brand new MP megatron in 2015 or 2016!

I'm on the optimistic side. Who exactly is clamoring for this? I just can't justify it - unless they're milking the mold one last time before they unveil an MP 2.0 Megatron. Which would be awesome.

fenrir72 wrote:This makes me wonder though, could Tomy be taking a TFA route where Megatron is "bigger" than Convoy? So they'll have no reason to redesign Megs again in MP form? Whatever is said and done, it's always Convoy that sells well over Megatron.

In a line that places maximum value on robot scale and G1 accuracy? As much as I love TFA Megatron, I don't see it.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612513)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
Saw the thumbnail and was hoping this was an announcement of a new-mold MP Megatron al a MP-10 Convoy.

I am disappoint.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612530)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 9th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612536)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 9th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
Herm, this is the fourth use of the mold.
Original 1. run, the second run because the first sold out so fast, recent reissue, this new limited edition one.

Pessimistic reaction: This is happening instead of a new mold for Megs.

I'm leaning to the pessimistic side right now.

Deffinately, I believe you're right, this is the last hurah for this mold before we get the 2.0 version.

While I'm not interested in this version, I do want to see what it looks like. But damn, 199 for this, back in the day I managed to get two for 99. :shock:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612542)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Still on the fence about getting MP Megatron. I want it because it's Megatron, but I don't want it if it's going to fall apart and break on me. Oh decisions...

You can do what I did and buy him new in box for 100$ from this place:

He lists MP megatrons every week to the point that the price decreases quite a bit. I got him for 96US$ +shipping, but I have seen it go up to 150$ for winning bid, so just set your limits one at a time.

At that price, I really dont regret my purchase. I must say, the transformation to a gun is really satisfying. It's an incredible piece of engineering. And he balances really well as you can see in my pics:

I will say this though, I have transformed him to gun and back 4-5 times and I will now have to stop because certain pieces might not withstand another transformation.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612546)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 9th, 2014 @ 3:14pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You can do what I did and buy him new in box for 100$ from this place:

Been watching those auctions myself and saving up for them at the same time. I've also been eyeing others as well. I'm probably only going to transform him once and back just to say I did it and put him up in my shrine to Megatron.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612547)
Posted by shajaki on October 9th, 2014 @ 3:14pm CDT
my experience was a lot like william james there (only i paid original retail, whatever that was).

i did transform him a handful of times, it is intuitive and satisfying, but he did start to wear. one of his clips broke off, not an important one, but still. it was upsetting.

as a strange sidenote, MP01 convoy and MP05 megatron go really well with beast wars figures! thats what i plan to do with those two.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612549)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 9th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
Thanks guys. I'm saving up for it definitely. :)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612572)
Posted by Peridot on October 9th, 2014 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron (1612584)
Posted by Emerje on October 9th, 2014 @ 4:36pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:Hopefully this reissue will have some improvements over the floppy, rusty mess that is the original MP-05.

Read this whole thing wondering why someone hadn't mentioned the "Cosmic Rust" issue of the chrome tarnishing before I finally got to your post. Mine also has the issue of his hip panels falling off when I transform him.

Also, the way this is referred to as a "Destron Leader" repaint has me thinking this will replace the red parts with blue like the original Japanese Megatron figure release.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID 2015  WARRIORS CLASS  SCORPONOK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY