Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 8:15AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 23,416

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Tag Hobby we get news that Transformers Masterpiece MP 26 will be Roadrage! Roadrage will be a remold/repaint of the upcoming MP-25 release Tracks. In the pictures she looks to have a different head sculpt but we have no further information on this release yet. Check out the images we've embedded and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed


Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed
Credit(s): Tag Hobby, alldarker
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677799)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 8:18am CDT
I hope the rest of that rumor was true and we'll be seeing Ironhide soon
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677811)
Posted by Blastback on April 22nd, 2015 @ 8:40am CDT
looks like a more toy accurate gun to.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677813)
Posted by sol magnus on April 22nd, 2015 @ 8:44am CDT
Toy accurate black blinding beam gun means this gets bought immediately.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677822)
Posted by Rogueknight on April 22nd, 2015 @ 8:58am CDT
I'm seeing new:
head sculpt,
female like round thighs,
wheels? (maybe for placement only)
new forearms? New smaller hands? but it maybe just the angle...

Me like big time! Although part of me is sad the first MP fembot is not Arcee...
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677826)
Posted by Wheeljack808 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 9:03am CDT
Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

I had no interest in Exhaust and I have no interest in this either.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Let's see some new molds!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677835)
Posted by megatronus on April 22nd, 2015 @ 9:26am CDT
Wheeljack808 wrote:Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

I had no interest in Exhaust and I have no interest in this either.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Let's see some new molds!

As it happens, the redecos, which many of us LOVE, fund the new molds.

Also, where have you been? Redecos have been the (enjoyable) MP reality for years, and just now you're getting sick of them?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677839)
Posted by Wheeljack808 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 9:41am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Wheeljack808 wrote:Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

I had no interest in Exhaust and I have no interest in this either.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Let's see some new molds!

As it happens, the redecos, which many of us LOVE, fund the new molds.

Also, where have you been? Redecos have been the (enjoyable) MP reality for years, and just now you're getting sick of them?


1) I really don't care if you love it or not. My statement was expressing my opinion that I don't like them. If you do, great, still doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

2)Saying they fund the new molds is a redundant statement since there is still going to be the production costs to pump out the retools as well as the modifications to make it a retool. In other words, ANY masterpiece will net profit and thus fund more molds.

3) I've been right here on planet Earth. Yeah redecos have been part of the masterpiece line since the get-go but that's simply because of the nature of the G1 transformers series. The seekers were all pretty much cloned recolours so this is why Starscream through Sunstorm are all gonna have the same mold but recoloured. These are retools of existing characters into ones that barely exist. Okay the statement could be made that any character deserves its time in the sun and yeah that's great and all but when so many have gone unused and the masterpiece line before this seemed to be about taking classic toys from our childhood and updating them to make them appeal to collectors this seems to be getting away from that mission.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677844)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2015 @ 9:54am CDT
Gotta love how weird this fandom is.

2002: Fans love G1 Road Rage.

2015: Fans split hairs over MP Road Rage.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677845)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 22nd, 2015 @ 9:57am CDT
Little red Corvette
Baby you're much too fast
Little red Corvette
You need a love that's gonna last

that is all.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677848)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:01am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Little red Corvette
Baby you're much too fast
Little red Corvette
You need a love that's gonna last

that is all.

Good lord, now I'll have that in my head all day, thanks a lot. That being said, if the MP line made a redeco of any character wearing a raspberry beret, I'd buy that as well
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677850)
Posted by megatronus on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:07am CDT
Wheeljack808 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Wheeljack808 wrote:Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

I had no interest in Exhaust and I have no interest in this either.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Let's see some new molds!

As it happens, the redecos, which many of us LOVE, fund the new molds.

Also, where have you been? Redecos have been the (enjoyable) MP reality for years, and just now you're getting sick of them?


1) I really don't care if you love it or not. My statement was expressing my opinion that I don't like them. If you do, great, still doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

If you express the opinion that you don't like them, and I respond expressing the opinion that I do, you really think my statement has nothing to do with yours?


Wheeljack808 wrote:2)Saying they fund the new molds is a redundant statement since there is still going to be the production costs to pump out the retools as well as the modifications to make it a retool. In other words, ANY masterpiece will net profit and thus fund more molds.

I'm not sure about that. The way they've been clustering the MP car redecos, with roughly 4 total per mold within 18 months of original release, makes me think that they plan these things fairly far ahead.

The tiny marginal cost and effort associated with minor MP retools, and the resulting profits, helps make the MP line a winner in Takara's portfolio, worthy of additional investment. When each redeco offsets the huge engineering costs and from a planning perspective gives Takara the wherewithal to engineer new figures, I would say no, my statement was not redundant. I think you're looking at the micro rather than the macro.


Wheeljack808 wrote:3) I've been right here on planet Earth. Yeah redecos have been part of the masterpiece line since the get-go but that's simply because of the nature of the G1 transformers series.

Which the Masterpiece line is homaging... so again, the complaint doesn't make a huge amount of sense.

Wheeljack808 wrote:The seekers were all pretty much cloned recolours so this is why Starscream through Sunstorm are all gonna have the same mold but recoloured. These are retools of existing characters into ones that barely exist. Okay the statement could be made that any character deserves its time in the sun and yeah that's great and all but when so many have gone unused and the masterpiece line before this seemed to be about taking classic toys from our childhood and updating them to make them appeal to collectors this seems to be getting away from that mission.

I disagree - figures like Sunstorm, Exhaust, Tigertrack, etc., and now Road Rage, reference TFs or pre-TFs, are all updates to 80s toys in exactly the manner you describe.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677854)
Posted by Amelie on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:09am CDT
Wheeljack808 wrote:But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.


Actually, the logic behind Road Rage is about the same as Exhaust - they're both Diaclone decos of the new mold. Road Rage happens to have the added advantage of having been added to the G1 'family' in 2002 by Ehobby, so its hardly like a character thats been suddenly dropped on us, but nor is it a character we've been saturated with.

I think its neat and maybe if a fembot sells suitably well enough, then Takara might even consider an Arcee in the future
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677855)
Posted by megatronus on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:11am CDT
I guess it comes down to this:

My opinion is that redecos are a great thing. :x

I can accept the opinion that redecos are a necessary evil. :saint:

I cannot accept, and will challenge, the opinion that redecos are unnecessary. 8-}
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677868)
Posted by Black Hat on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:25am CDT
And whaddaya know, this is the first official female MP figure! And it looks pretty great too!

Even if I don't get Tracks I'll be picking this girl up for sure.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677870)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:31am CDT
megatronus wrote:I guess it comes down to this:

My opinion is that redecos are a great thing. :x

I can accept the opinion that redecos are a necessary evil. :saint:

I cannot accept, and will challenge, the opinion that redecos are unnecessary. 8-}


Agreed. Seeing how there's a precedent with Robot Masters, a black Star Saber may also be in the works. Who knows? Like you, I will sit back and enjoy the ride, because I like where it's going
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677872)
Posted by Diem on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:33am CDT
I absolutely love this. Under-represented character? FEMALE representation in the line? Intelligent and economic use of retooled parts to maximum effect? Amazing.

And in response to Wheeljack808 and anyone else who is upset that this isn't the 20-somethingth version of Jazz:

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

REPAINTS DON'T INTERRUPT NEW MOLDS FROM GETTING MADE.

It's not like Takara are saying "Hey, we want to produce a Sunstreaker but Road Rage is taking up too much of our damn time." Instead, the additional income provided by re-engineering or repaints helps finance and financially justify new molds being made.

Repaints help finance new molds

Repaints help finance new molds

REPAINTS HELP FINANCE NEW MOLDS

And the argument that these are getting lazy is ridiculous. Every repaint since the Datsuns is a big improvement over the days when Ultra Magnus carried around a brown Megatron and the seekers escorted the Amazing Arkeville Triplets. Nowadays the likes of Smokescreen, G2 Bumblebee (not Goldbug, get your facts straight), Exhaust and now Road Rage make use of new parts to add value to the purchase.

Must have purchase. A+
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677875)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:43am CDT
Diem wrote:I absolutely love this. Under-represented character? FEMALE representation in the line? Intelligent and economic use of retooled parts to maximum effect? Amazing.

And in response to Wheeljack808 and anyone else who is upset that this isn't the 20-somethingth version of Jazz:

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

REPAINTS DON'T INTERRUPT NEW MOLDS FROM GETTING MADE.

It's not like Takara are saying "Hey, we want to produce a Sunstreaker but Road Rage is taking up too much of our damn time." Instead, the additional income provided by re-engineering or repaints helps finance and financially justify new molds being made.

Repaints help finance new molds

Repaints help finance new molds

REPAINTS HELP FINANCE NEW MOLDS

And the argument that these are getting lazy is ridiculous. Every repaint since the Datsuns is a big improvement over the days when Ultra Magnus carried around a brown Megatron and the seekers escorted the Amazing Arkeville Triplets. Nowadays the likes of Smokescreen, G2 Bumblebee (not Goldbug, get your facts straight), Exhaust and now Road Rage make use of new parts to add value to the purchase.

Must have purchase. A+

I agree with 95% of what you said. I'm going to get this, as I have with all MPs, and I'm going to continue to love this line and be an ardent supporter of it. But can we please get past the 'female' thing? Robots are asexual, and until someone can show me Optimus Prime's jock I will continue to stand by that. It's like going to Home Depot and saying at last- someone has finally made a pink screwdriver, now I feel complete.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677877)
Posted by sol magnus on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:47am CDT
The only thing I'll respond to is the guy's first response to Megatronus, since you all have covered that pretty well -

You don't care about his (and I assume any) opinion other than yours on a public forum? Wow. I guess you just thought you could put your hardcore opinion out in the universe and not attract any dissent, or at the very least any response?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677880)
Posted by Amelie on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:49am CDT
Optimus Prime doesn't need a 'jock' to be male - even the sex organs of plant-life on planet Earth are radically different from a mammals. Transformers are aliens and therefore not subject to the same logic or typical appendages humans are ;)

god I'm anal. lol
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed (1677881)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 22nd, 2015 @ 10:51am CDT
Amelie wrote:Optimus Prime doesn't need a 'jock' to be male - even the sex organs of plant-life on planet Earth are radically different from a mammals. Transformers are aliens and therefore not subject to the same logic or typical appendages humans are ;)

god I'm anal. lol

Yeah, it is honestly kind of abstract in how it can be interpreted. Also transformers totally have anuses, confirmed.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG30 Wasupineta" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Lot: Skyfire, Springer, Kup, Wheelie, Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Legends Class Classics Autobot Wheelie K2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters OPTIMUS PRIME LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Alternators - Windcharger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG-30 Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "Vtg Transformers G1 1987 Abominus Rippersnapper TWIN MISSILE LAUNCHER gun weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Springer Complete" on EBAY