Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview

Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 1:10pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 27,749

The previous interview with Mike Costa from ComicBookResources not only left us with juicy tidbits on Transformers: Ironhide and Ongoing, but it's also left us with a five-page preview of the Transformers #7! In this little preview, watch the shenanigans of a Decepticon called Dreadwind. You can find the covers, information and a snippet of the preview below...

As the dust settles down on Earth, we look to the Heavens to ask a burning question: Where have MEGATRON and the retreating DECEPTICONS been all this time? What have they been up to? The answer, of course, is: nothing good. Take a conspicuously infernal single-issue look into the heart of darkness with Costa and Figueroa.

...while the rest can be found at ComicBookResources here. You'll find Transformers #7 in your local comic store this Wednesday, May 26!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Comic Book Resources

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 20th, 2010 1:11pm CDT

Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076623)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 20th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
This I like, the writing does seem to get better, at least it's not Prime and Spike talking anymore.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076641)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT
Oooh, Sunstorm is there with Acid Storm. Cmon Hasbro!! Still waiting for the inevitable repaint!! :D

Looking forward to the return of Megs!! I wanna see him bring his house back together. I hope this is kind of a Decepticon centric beginning to start.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076648)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CDT

I wonder what the heck is gonna happen with Dreadwing now, if he's stealing energon then he may have just added himself to Megatrons "CON'S I'M GONNA SLAG WHEN I'M OUTTA THE REPAIR BAY" list. Probably right below Starscream.

In any case I'm still following up on this series (since I was broke the last few months and am still on issue 4) But Ongoing still has it's appeal.

I just hope they get Don back in on the art, I liked his new designs
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076655)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:32pm CDT
Rodimus_Major86 wrote:So the decepticons have gone to the dogs. wow, I'm surprised Megatron hasn't wasted Starscream yet for royally screwing up his army.

I just hope they get Don back in on the art, I liked his new designs

This is EJ Sue not Guido.
I hope this story is as kickass as DW's Megatron returns from the grave story.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076670)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT
I really love the new (old) art. Reminds me of the late- and UK- Marvel (which is my favourite).

Back to the drawing board Don, and don't get back till you forget those bugformers :P
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076715)
Posted by Heavy B on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:04pm CDT
heh heh, owned
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076720)
Posted by Joetx on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:11pm CDT
Rodimus_Major86 wrote:And what happened to the art? Not that I have anything against Guido Guidi, he is a top notch TF artist like Milne and Figueroa. But why isn't Don doing the art anymore? I liked his new look for the Transformers, even if others didn't and kept on flamming him for it.

Totally agree.

I hated the art in the Bumblebee series. The art here looks almost as bad.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076721)
Posted by Joetx on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:19pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Oooh, Sunstorm is there with Acid Storm.

What are you talking about? All I see are Dreadwind, Pounce, Needlenose, & Kickback.

Can't wait to see Needlenose & Pounce. Were they ever in the Marvel comics? For sure they weren't in DW or IDW (until now).

ETA: OOPS! Never mind. Didn't see the link for the rest of the preview pages. Sorry!
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076722)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:26pm CDT
txex97 wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:Oooh, Sunstorm is there with Acid Storm.

Click on the link for the 5-page preview. Acidstorm is there, but the other seekers paint job reminds me of one of the movie decepticon-jets rather than Sunstorm.

Needlenose was, in the matrix quest he was the subordinate of Thunderwing. I don't remember seeing the Decepticon Clones, though.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076729)
Posted by Starscream6 on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:44pm CDT
#-o GZ! E.J. SU....just stop :BANG_HEAD:

bring back the Don IDW
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076760)
Posted by Tirade on May 20th, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
Are you guys kidding? Bring back Don's fugly looking art? No thank you. After having that crap forced down our collective throats, I'm thankful for EJ Su and his style. The new (old) art alone makes these recent issues worth picking up IMHO. Hope to never again see Don's style for ongoing and related G1-esque comics. That stuff was an abomination.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076829)
Posted by YoImLegend on May 20th, 2010 @ 7:30pm CDT
But Mike, what about Hot Rod???

His cliffhanger from issue 6 topped the whole lot for the ongoing.

I could hope that IDW will follow the trend of these single-character based mini-series they got going on with a "Transformers: Hot Rod" penned and drawn by Nick Roche (his favorite character) but that would be just too much wishful thinking... right?? Crap, now I got my hopes up.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076902)
Posted by tsangkin on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
EJ's new style is awesome!!! Damn love it!! :x
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1076941)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 21st, 2010 @ 2:37am CDT
I just realised, EJ changed his art-style. While I like it I do prefer his older more detailed almost Gundam esq style.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1077152)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 21st, 2010 @ 1:29pm CDT
Personally, I looove EJ's new style. Loved it in the Prowl spotlight as well. As for Don's latest work. I was never a fan of it. I'm ok with them using a rotating artist schedual. I hope when Don does come back, it's back to something more...idk...more G1 and less bayformer/movie verse. Not saying it has to be G1, but I hate the movie look and designs.
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1077459)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 10:09am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:This is EJ Sue not Guido.
I hope this story is as kickass as DW's Megatron returns from the grave story.

Oops sorry, it looked Like GUido's handy work, I haven't seen much by EJ Sue. Guess this means a huge shoping spree at the local comic shop for me! I just thought it was Guido since he did that one Combaticon cover for Ongoing
Re: Transformers 'Ongoing' #7 Five-Page Preview (1079262)
Posted by snavej on May 27th, 2010 @ 12:36pm CDT
You'd think that, after being alive for millions of years, the Transformer warriors wouldn't be caught out by the old 'jet in the heel' attack.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "2012 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE COBRA HISS TANK SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "2011 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE STARSCREAM W/ COBRA COMMANDER" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Slingshot & Road Pig Tech Spec Cards G2 generation two" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY