Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images

Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 9:39am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,441

The Hobbybase facebook page has posted a couple of images of Transformers Prime "RID" Deluxe Wave 3. This wave consist of Wave 2's Arcee and Ratchet, and adds Hot Shot, Knock Out, and Vehicon to the mix. Hopefully this wave will be hitting domestic retail soon. Images mirrored below.

Update: We now have a load of additional images from HK-TF, including some nice comparison and group shots.

Credit(s): Hobbybase facebook, HK-TF

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 29th, 2012 10:39am CDT

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363579)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:00am CDT
I'll take a Knockout and 2 Vehicon please!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363581)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:03am CDT
I'm really loving all three new guys. It still looks like you can fold back those grill pieces on Knock Out, but I do like him, and the matte maroon on the brighter shiny red looks kind of neat to me, and I hope they do more texture work with paint in the future. Vehicon looks proper evil, although I feel he'll be a little too hard to come by to form a good army, and though I hate the RID Bee mold, Hot Shot's differences pull it off flawlessly to me. I just hope they fixed that automorph gimmick to be a bit more stable.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363585)
Posted by WolfDawg on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:08am CDT
Knockout and Vehicon both look great to me. Knockout especially looks WAY better in hand than his Hasbro stock photos.

I'm still on the fence about Hot Shot. Especially since he's never been on the show...
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363586)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
Well yah, but at least he makes that mold look good. RID Bee looks like a bodybuilding five-year-old. I'm glad I have the FE version of him to use.

Also, yes, Knock Out looks so much better here, I'm just still sad there's no gold on him!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363587)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
I found Ratchet and Arcee at Target, so I picked them up already (got two Arcees for the weapons). Now I need these guys and about 5 more Vehicons.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363589)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:13am CDT
I just got Ratchet and am about to open him, but I didn't really want the Arcee. I've traded my FE Arcee for a huge lot of figures to a friend of mine because I'm none too fond of her either. I just think they could have done SOMETHING about the backpack.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363600)
Posted by BeastProwl on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
Repro labels will come through for knockout and others, right?
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363601)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
I sure hope so, but I might just do some paint on KO. He looks so good! Also, even though Hasbro is sort of lax on paint apps, I think they are starting to learn to put them in the right places even if there isn't a lot of them.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363606)
Posted by Heavy B on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
Knockout is growing on me, and vehicon? Puts the first edition backpack to SHAME.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363609)
Posted by DarkEnergon on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
I'm so mad KnockOut's rims aren't yellow!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363610)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:47am CDT
Yah, that Vehicon might be my favorite figure of the line thus far. it just looks so GOOD. That more regal shade of purple isn't too garish, either.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363615)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on March 29th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
I hope Knock Out's chest is mistransformed, he looks too flat. I love that Vehicon, I might even get 2 of them. Of course this is all assuming those damn RiD Bumblebees sell by the time these show up. Seriously Hasbro, he's not THAT popular. Especially when the toy itself is such a PoS.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363616)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:00am CDT
Where I'm at, I've actually seen more Cliffjumpers than anything else. So much that if I put him off and never get him, I won't have to worry if he's gone.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363617)
Posted by triKlops on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
sweet, can't wait to get my hands on the new wave
Arcee and Ratchet just started popping up so I would assume i will see these soon
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363620)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:13am CDT
the vehicon looks awesome, hope they introduce a better price point when these come out so i can get it. I picked up wheljack & arcee with the hasbro coupons yesterday and i can officially say now they are not worth $13-$15, $10 would be the most id pay but id still feel pretty ripped off since this seems to be a hit or miss line. Wheeljacks awesome but Arcee is halfassed, the tire on the back & giant wings kill it. Plus they're to damn small to be sold for $13-$15. The line has potential but the pricing just ruins it.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363621)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
I don't quite get the hate for RID Bumblebee aside from the fact that I don't think I've ever seen a single picture with him positioned right so that the hood actually faces in a downward angle instead of straight out. He is actually (which surprised me once I got him) and very solid figure. Better than Cliffjumper.

The only reason I might not get Hot Shot is that he is not in the show. I'm not the biggest fan of the Unicron Trilogy, and so the homage to Cybertron/Armada Hot Shot just doesn't do anything for me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363628)
Posted by Apnea on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:20am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363634)
Posted by Pinoytron on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:25am CDT
I really like the RID version of Vehicon! Its simple and clean :KREMZEEK: " No Backpack " :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363637)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:27am CDT
Apnea wrote:Well, I couldn't get FE Cliff, so I might consider RID, I mean he doesn't look horrible, just not as good. If Bee is a solid figure, I'm definitely getting Hot Shot. I've never been the kind of collector to not get someone because they aren't in the show, I go for what molds interest me, and I did LIKE Bee's, just not as Bee. they put a little too much automorph into him and it made him look a bit clunky. Hot Shot looks better though, for some reason. Might be the paint job.

Yeah, his automorph reavealer gimmick is a bit more excessive than the others, but he is not a bad figure. He satisfies the role, and doesn't make me feel like I need to hunt down the FE version.

Cliffjumper on the other hand, I don't know, I just feel like it is the weakest figure I bought in a long time. Underwhelming transformation and bot mode. Vehicle mode looks great though.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Wave Three Deluxes In-Hand Images (1363638)
Posted by paul053 on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:30am CDT
To me, the best out of these three is ............... VEHICON! I'm seriously thinking about modifying his head to make him my first crossover to ....... Batman. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con Presale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Super Megatron Takara Tomy Mall TT-GS09 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con PRE ORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Ghostbusters - Transformers Generations Ectotron ECTO-1 with Comic (IN HAND)" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Deluxe Rotorstorm" on EBAY