Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 5:51PM CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 17,507

With the Transformers: Robots in Disguise series coming to a close after 3 seasons, some of the artists that worked on the series are showcasing some of their artwork they did for the series. That means there’s a lot of character designs to be shared here with the fandom. Of note, artists Walter Gatus and Jose Lopez on their respective portfolio sites. Lopez also includes some of the work he did for Transformers: Prime, the previous series before Transformers: Robots in Disguise. We're mirrored some of the images below for your viewing pleasure, you can click any of them to be forwarded over directly to their gallery and browse the others in it.

Jose Lopez's Work:

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Walter Gatus' Work:

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown
Credit(s): Walter Gatus' and Jose Lopez Portfolio Sites

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922515)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 18th, 2017 @ 7:08pm CST
Oh man, Spoiler's altmode looks amazing. It almost makes me wish we'd gotten him and his design instead of the Sideswipe that evolved into.

And I still wish we'd gotten a toy of that Power Surge Starscream.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922522)
Posted by Albatross250 on November 18th, 2017 @ 7:24pm CST
Soundwave's design is LIT :michaelbay:
its almost the same as his WFC/FOC Design :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922587)
Posted by Deadput on November 18th, 2017 @ 11:54pm CST
I saw this concept art page a little longer then week ago while browsing the net, I did not report it at the time because I wasn't too interested in Transformers as a whole anymore I was just looking for the designs from the Autobot blacklist (I found his site after going into Tuneup's page and looking for the guy in the trivia section) http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tuneup so this isn't necessarily "new" it just hasn't been shared around until now.

Has anyone else tried to look for other artist's both concept and animator sites? They would be in the show credits wouldn't they?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922791)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 20th, 2017 @ 9:48am CST
Laying eyes upon Scowl once more, I really wish they had given him a toy. I love dinobots
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922799)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:01am CST
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922894)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 20th, 2017 @ 9:31pm CST
Finally got to watch the final two episodes and thought they were good. I liked how they worked Steeljaw in at the end, almost made up for the lack of a Megatron cameo.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Character Art Rundown (1922898)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:09pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I've said this before, but I really wish there could have been a Chop Shop toy (They could have started it out as one solid color, then re-released it as a multi-color version. I would have bought both) ;) . But the engineering involved to make the torso exactly the same as any of the limbs I guess isn't quite there yet...but it looked good in design theory. It would have been an amazing first for the Transformers brand.
Honestly, they wouldn't even need to go as complex as making all of his components capable of forming either a torso, an arm, or a leg. All they'd need to do is just have one torso mold, two of the same leg mold, and two of the same arm mold able to all transform into the same kind of insect altmode.

Think like the Autobot and Decepticon Clones, but with the altmodes being identical instead of the robot modes.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 37%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 35%