Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse

Transformers News: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse

Friday, November 10th, 2017 1:16AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 13,278

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sunstar we have our first glimpse at the eagerly anticipated 'Till All Are One Annual! When the series ended earlier this year, at writer Mairghread Scott's discretion, many fans of the IDW Transformers universe were very disappointed at the prospect of no more stories about the Cybertron-based cast; some had even started saying that TAAO was their favorite of the ongoing Transformer titles, due to the creative team of Scott, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Joana Lafuente and Tom Long putting out such consistently engaging work.

Via the Twitter account of David Mariotte at IDW, we have a one-panel tweet featuring everyone's favorite reporting duo, Circuit and Longtooth, though they're about to be interrupted by Windblade.

Also featured is a single panel of the Universe's favorite punching bag, Waspinator, who doesn't look too happy.

Transformers News: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse, Plus...

Transformers News: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse, Plus...

Do these images get you excited to have the TAAO team back to wrap up the story? Please discuss below, and be sure to turn to Seibertron.com for all the latest TF news!
Credit(s): Sunstar
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925711)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2017 @ 2:54am CST
Speaking of Christmas presents, Mairghread Scott and crew have a good one for fans of the canceled Till All Are One series: the first (and sadly, only) Till All Are One Annual! When it was announced that the series was ending, many fans were upset. Scott explained that she'd wanted to continue telling the story she'd set out to tell, and given that she'd been asked to do a soft reboot of the Cybertron-set series, she declined, deciding to cancel the series instead. That left a few plot threads dangling: What would become of Starscream's struggle to hold on to power, with Elita One gaining popularity and influence (due to her and her people's role in saving the planet)? What would happen to Windblade, now that Vigilem was vanquished, and she was no longer going to speak for anyone but herself? Would Chromia capture and kill Liege Maximo? What would happen to the Combaticons and Bruticus? Would the univerzze ever give poor Wazzzpinator a break??

While it's not currently known what will happen with all those storylines, thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sunstar pointing us to iTunes, we now have the three page preview for the upcoming Till All Are One Annual! Due out December 20th (good day for Transformers comics!), we'll find answers to some of those plot questions, and be given a chance to say goodbye to a series that had become a fan favorite, due to the creative team of Scott, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Joana Lafuente and Tom B. Long turning out such excellent work over the yearlong run of the series.

[quote]Elita One, Windblade, and Starscream fight to gain ultimate control of Cybertron! Dark secrets will be revealed in this series finale![/quote]

Stay tuned for a full preview in the next couple of weeks, and come back to the Energon Pub Forums with a frosty glass of engex to discuss this final wrap up for the series once it's released!
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925714)
Posted by Sunstar on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:15am CST
I do think the reign of Starscream is coming to an end. I hope not but I tend to not hold much hope for him. I only hope that I am wrong because Starscream leading is quite entertaining. I love watching his struggles.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925717)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 8th, 2017 @ 4:13am CST
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925724)
Posted by Insurgent on December 8th, 2017 @ 5:03am CST
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925726)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2017 @ 5:49am CST
Nik Hero wrote:Could we be seeing the team of Female Autobots minus Elita One coming together as Chromia's team?

Possible (especially with the mention of Firestar), though not likely, methinks. Greenlight and Lancer are loyal to Elita, and Moonracer is Velocitron's council representative. But from the looks of it, at least one fembot will be joining her- Lightbright and Sparkstalker are loading the ship behind Chromia.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925817)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 1:16pm CST
Insurgent wrote:They wanted her to do a soft reboot? THAT's why? Ugh. Stupid stupid stupid. Why? Why not let her tell the story she wanted to tell? It was selling well, right? This is why I was against the Hasbroverse when they started it. I knew it was going to interfere with what we had going on. Still, I'm glad they've given her this annual to finish the story. I just hope my comic shop gets it in. He doesn't seem to get annuals.

Because sales continued to drop more and more every month. Look I know it would have been nice to continue but as someone who works in retail and sees stuff the not many see when something doesn’t sell you either rebrand and change it or you cancel it. It’s business. You can’t just continue producing something that won’t turn around no matter how good the content is.

They offered her options and she chose to end the series on her own accord. That’s more respect some some books get. Look at the Scarlett GI joe book. While there’s a lot of controversy there and justifiably so that team was told the series was canceled before issue one even hit. Scott was at least allowed to finish the current story and are nice enough to make this annual. They value her creativity and respect her and her fans enough for that.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925861)
Posted by ricemazter on December 8th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

Because sales continued to drop more and more every month. Look I know it would have been nice to counter but as someone who works in retail and sees stuff the not many see when something doesn’t sell you either rebrand and change it or you cancel it. It’s business. You can’t just continue producing something that won’t turn around no matter how good the content is.

It's probably for the best. What would a soft reboot even look like for this series? This way it at least ended with some dignity.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925870)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on December 8th, 2017 @ 6:18pm CST
Insurgent wrote:I just hope my comic shop gets it in. He doesn't seem to get annuals.

Well, make sure you're store has it down to pull TAAO for your pullbox. And if you don't have a pullbox, get one, it helps both you and the store.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925899)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 10:32pm CST
Daniel Adkins wrote:

Or just go digital. I haven’t bought a physical comic book in 4 years now. I had over a few thousand and finally said I can’t do this anymore. It’s taking up too much space so I sold my collection and now everything is eithe on iBooks or comiXology. I feel bad not supporting my local shops anymore but it’s not like comics are their primary thing anymore. It’s all about the gaming stuff now. Magic, Pokémon, you-gi oh, D&D heroclix warhammer. That’s the money makers for comics and collectible shops.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925900)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 10:35pm CST
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Probably would have just given a more focused direction, introducing new characters to interact with Cybertron. Who knows but honestly, transformers has been softly rebooted about four times in IDW. Good writing can make it work. We saw it happen in 2012 with RID and MTMTE
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925911)
Posted by Sunstar on December 9th, 2017 @ 12:37am CST
Insurgent wrote: I just hope my comic shop gets it in. He doesn't seem to get annuals.

I preordered mine, you could try that even.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925918)
Posted by Insurgent on December 9th, 2017 @ 2:05am CST

I prefer physical items for my comics. Yes they take up space but digital ones just don't feel right. I don't enjoy them as much as physical ones. I'm going to pick up my LL today, I'll make sure to order it.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925938)
Posted by Va'al on December 9th, 2017 @ 8:14am CST
Insurgent wrote:Sales were dropping? Didn't know that. Guess i was just frustrated this series ended as i was enjoying it the most of the three series at the time. And RL stuff has me very frustrated and on edge constantly too so I'm prone to over reactions.

The issue with sales is that: people counting sales don't tend to include digital, domestic, international, trade vs single issues as the same number. If pre-orders are not done via the absolutely idiotic DM system (Diamond, essentially) it counts as 'it's not selling'. Never mind how well that same title may be doing in the total amount of actual all copies of it being sold across a period of time.

It's a very stupid, monopoly-based system that leads to all sorts of narrow marketing decisions.

ALSO - IDW, as most comics publishers, do not know how to actually fully push any title. Creators should not be the ones bearing the brunt of the marketing.

(Slightly OT message, but wanted to get it off my chest.)

Looking forward to the Annual!
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1925948)
Posted by Sunstar on December 9th, 2017 @ 9:54am CST
Insurgent wrote:

I have a room where I sit back and enjoy my comics. And I leave the newest copies on the table until I put them onto their shelves, so I identify with you.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1926149)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 11th, 2017 @ 9:33am CST
Sunstar wrote:
Insurgent wrote:

I feel about the same. I do not like reading digital copies of books, it actually hurts. And I like having my comic shelf where I can just grab one at any time.

As for the story, I'm glad we're getting the annual. I did really like the series, and I'm hoping the annual gives the end of it justice
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1926169)
Posted by Sunstar on December 11th, 2017 @ 10:47am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sunstar wrote:
Insurgent wrote:

I am just hoping they allow him to remain leader... I love his struggles. I do have a pile of digital copies I got from humble bundle, which was how I got back into the stories.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1927267)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 18th, 2017 @ 11:57pm CST
It draws ever near.........the great dread......the end......no, not Unicron, the end of the Till All Are One series, in the form of its first (and last) annual! Set to be released this coming Wednesday, December 20th, we now have the full five-page preview, thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sunstar, who pointed us towards Newsarama's article on the book.

[quote]Transformers: Till All Are One Annual 2017
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99
Bullet points:
· The shocking finale to the epic Cybertronian saga from Mairghread Scott and Sara Pitre-Durocher!
· A happy ending! For some…[/quote]

Reactions? Thoughts? Feelings? Come back to the Energon Pub forums on Wednesday to discuss, and in the meantime, share your feelings about this preview and the Till All Are One series below!
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1927273)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 19th, 2017 @ 1:27am CST
Looks like Mairghread Scott is getting to partially fulfill at least one of her wishes for the series, had it continued. With Greenlight and Lancer (and possibly Firestar) joining Chromia, only Moonracer and Elita One will be absent a G1 fembots team-up.
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1927277)
Posted by Va'al on December 19th, 2017 @ 2:43am CST
I am SO excited for this book. It is SO good.
The review is SO almost ready, too!
Re: Transformers: Till All Are One Annual First Glimpse (1927295)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2017 @ 10:09am CST
I'm wondering, since Onyx Prime returns next month and it is implied that the Liege is with him, what will happen with the Chromia search team
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018