Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed

Thursday, November 19th, 2015 6:57pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 58,337

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member Sabrblade has provided us with an image of what looks to be a new Optimus Prime toy based on Powermaster Optimus Prime (or God Ginrai from Japan's Super God Masterforce, if you prefer). This is presumably the rumored Leader Class figure for this character set for next year's Titans Return Generations lineup. The figure looks to be a heavy remold of this years Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus figure, re-tooled even to the extent that a full trailer and base mode can be achieved.

We've mirrored the unfortunately quite blurry image below.

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed

Due to the quality of the image, we're not able to verify the original source at this time, but check this space for updates if better images become available, or if this is completely confirmed to be an upcoming new release.

Credit(s): Unconfirmed


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742681)
Posted by RAR on November 19th, 2015 @ 6:59pm CST
Part of me would have liked some Powermaster Prime style rifles - where as another part of me is please he will still have the melee weapon... I am in two mind now.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742684)
Posted by Cobotron on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:04pm CST
He looks very different from Magnus. I wonder how his arms work? It seems like there could be a good amount of parts forming, which is ok with me. His battle station mode looks a lot like the original toy's. That's pretty cool.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742687)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:13pm CST
Nice, definitely interested in it; hope the quality on it is better than that of magnus' flimsy-crap plastic - but I'm not holding my breath [-(
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742692)
Posted by JazZeke on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:30pm CST
SWEET MOTHER OF PRIMUS!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742694)
Posted by Longrack79 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:35pm CST
Definitely getting this. The original Powermaster Optimus Prime was my first Optimus Prime toy.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742696)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CST
Well, it appears as though it is happening. I had so hoped for a new mold, but I will withhold judgement until better images become available :BOT:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742698)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:43pm CST
Let's just hope they changed the hands, so he can actually hold his weapons. With Leader Class Magnus, you sneeze and his weapons fall out of his hands. No grip whatsoever.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742700)
Posted by Railbomb on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:45pm CST
It looks like the Powermaster engine is part of a chestplate that doesn't cover the whole cab. Kind of curious if he will have Hi-Q as a Headmaster or a remolded Ambus.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742704)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:49pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Damn he looks really cool. Once again transmissions inside source has been proven correct. 8-)


Yup that insider source was right, which makes me eager to see that triple changer Alpha Trion voyager who turns into an animal and a ship.

Not impressed with this one though. I am surprised that they didnt remold the cab more than that. They did remold the front lights, so why not do a bit more? And that base mode :SICK: They didnt even use the legs as ramps like in the pic below:

Image

Image

Oh what is up with Hi-Q with reversed colours in the base mode pic?

Image
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742706)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:54pm CST
I can see if this is the real thing that takara will make the cab actually able to transform into a robot, and thatvthey will make a god bkmber so that super ginrai can combine with god bomber into god ginrai
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742707)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:57pm CST
Come on hasbro, you couldnt give him new guns?

Image
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742708)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 19th, 2015 @ 7:58pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Well, it appears as though it is happening. I had so hoped for a new mold, but I will withhold judgement until better images become available :BOT:

I hope its just a mock-up because I wnat a ginrau that has a transformable ginrai but I will wait to make full judgements now lets see the battlestars next! (Laughs at the idea for now only to wait for the idea of that happening to come into my mind)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742709)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:01pm CST
Its gotten hard for me to trust weibo picture reveals anymore after the cw abodimus, and the fortress maximus (there are crucial details that prove its fake)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742710)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Come on hasbro, you couldnt give him new guns?

Image

Yeah, if this is real, that is very sad. But I'm not too convinced yet. It is wholly possible, but I remain unconvinced :BOT:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742712)
Posted by padfoo on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Damn he looks really cool. Once again transmissions inside source has been proven correct. 8-)


Yup that insider source was right, which makes me eager to see that triple changer Alpha Trion voyager who turns into an animal and a ship.

Not impressed with this one though. I am surprised that they didnt remold the cab more than that. They did remold the front lights, so why not do a bit more? And that base mode :SICK: They didnt even use the legs as ramps like in the pic below:

Image

Image

Oh what is up with Hi-Q with reversed colours in the base mode pic?

Image

I can't get over the hollow looking base mode. This blurry pic seems pretty legit. How will these base modes play into the fiction, or are they only to add additional play value for the toys?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742714)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:32pm CST
padfoo wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Damn he looks really cool. Once again transmissions inside source has been proven correct. 8-)


Yup that insider source was right, which makes me eager to see that triple changer Alpha Trion voyager who turns into an animal and a ship.

Not impressed with this one though. I am surprised that they didnt remold the cab more than that. They did remold the front lights, so why not do a bit more? And that base mode :SICK: They didnt even use the legs as ramps like in the pic below:

Image

Image

Oh what is up with Hi-Q with reversed colours in the base mode pic?

Image

I can't get over the hollow looking base mode. This blurry pic seems pretty legit. How will these base modes play into the fiction, or are they only to add additional play value for the toys?


Well, hasbro has gone on the record stating that 'base building' will play a large part in the line, i.e. connecting up leader and titan figures to make huge playsets. Sounds like a unique way to give yourself a cool environment to display your figures in.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742718)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:41pm CST
Oh I am pretty convinced these are real. Unlike the abominus, we already had a listing for this toy and previous witnesses confirmed it was a retool of Magnus. So this is just the next step in the news chain awaiting a proper reveal. This is real and I am not that fond of it. The only thing that will make me consider buying this toy is if it has an official way to combine with the other Titans return bases.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742724)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:47pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Oh I am pretty convinced these are real. Unlike the abominus, we already had a listing for this toy and previous witnesses confirmed it was a retool of Magnus. So this is just the next step in the news chain awaiting a proper reveal. This is real and I am not that fond of it. The only thing that will make me consider buying this toy is if it has an official way to combine with the other Titans return bases.


I assume it will, lost among the remolded plates. I love that they haven't changed the cab, it was so amazing looking, and I am glad that they kept many of the magnus design cues :-D
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742725)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:52pm CST
Sigh....... :(

Another great character completely wasted on a stupid repaint.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Possibly Revealed (1742726)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Oh I am pretty convinced these are real. Unlike the abominus, we already had a listing for this toy and previous witnesses confirmed it was a retool of Magnus. So this is just the next step in the news chain awaiting a proper reveal. This is real and I am not that fond of it. The only thing that will make me consider buying this toy is if it has an official way to combine with the other Titans return bases.


I assume it will, lost among the remolded plates. I love that they haven't changed the cab, it was so amazing looking, and I am glad that they kept many of the magnus design cues :-D


They totally changed the cab, just not enough for it to be obvious. This is actually one of the big deals with this toy, it has a flat roof with no escape hatch:

Image

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "JETFIRE Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86-06 Leader Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie IN STOCK!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Bulkhead Robots In Disguise Autobot 2011 NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS POWER OF THE PRIMES TAILGATE & WINDCHARGER Generations Legends 2017" on EBAY
Buy "HSE4824: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Commander Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Singe" on EBAY