Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020

Transformers News: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020

Thursday, December 19th, 2019 1:34pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,109

IDW Publishing just posted some major news on their Facebook page. In 2020, we will get a crossover comic of Transformers vs The Terminator. The singularity in the title is rather interesting although it may just refer to the franchise using the first movie's title. We don,t know if it's a series or just one book, which it might be since it has a $4.99 cover price, meaning it would be longer than a regular monthly comic. The cover has the iconic terminator skull under a shattering Optimus Prime head.

Let us know what you think!

Credit(s): IDW

Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047375)
Posted by carytheone on December 19th, 2019 @ 4:30pm CST

To be fair, 52Toys already has my back.

Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047383)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2019 @ 6:04pm CST
I feel like this is a crossover where the Bayverse would fit swimmingly, or at least the designs would.

I am excited for this, bring it on!
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047397)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on December 19th, 2019 @ 9:19pm CST
carytheone wrote:Interesting, but call me when a Transformers vs Alien crossover/toyline happens ... or was that Bayverse :twisted:

To be fair, 52Toys already has my back.

Transformers vs Aliens is ALL I’ve ever wanted to see. It’s totally possible, I mean there’s been a lot of crossovers happening recently; ie Star Trek, Ghostbusters. Now this, let’s hope there’s even more coming.

Who doesn’t want to see a xenomorph born from a Cybertronian?
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047415)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 20th, 2019 @ 5:15am CST
I always wondered how I would know it’s time to leave the fandom for good and not just take a break.

Now I know.
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047426)
Posted by carytheone on December 20th, 2019 @ 8:10am CST
That ish dude will be missed.

So what are we talking about here? Transformers sized Terminators? Terminators cosplaying as Transformers Pretenders style? I'd think people sized Terminators would just get squished like bugs. This is like playground arguments to the stupidest degree.

1st kid: "Who'd win in a fight, Optimus Prime or the Terminator?"

2nd kid: "Freddy Krueger!"

Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Who doesn’t want to see a xenomorph born from a Cybertronian?
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047431)
Posted by carytheone on December 20th, 2019 @ 9:24am CST
Got curious and fished up a little more info.

https://www.idwpublishing.com/robots-wa ... erminator/

IDW wrote:SAN DIEGO, CA (December 17, 2019) – IDW Publishing (OTC: IDWM) is proud to announce the March 2020 launch of TRANSFORMERS VS. THE TERMINATOR, a four-issue monthly series in partnership with Dark Horse Comics that pits the deadly race of futuristic cyborgs against the sentient, converting robots from Cybertron.

TRANSFORMERS VS. THE TERMINATOR brings together three longtime TRANSFORMERS contributors (writers David Mariotte and John Barber, and artist Alex Milne) with writer Tom Waltz (fresh off his celebrated 100-issue Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles run) for an epic crossover that revisits the concepts of alien invasion and time-traveling resistance fighters… but twists them in unexpected ways!

“I still remember the visceral thrill and terror of my first viewing of THE TERMINATOR, and while I’ve seen it a hundred times since then, it still gets my pulse running,” says John Barber, co-writer and IDW Editor-in-Chief. “I’ve worked on TRANSFORMERS a lot over the years, and the opportunity to combine these two mechanistic universes together to see who comes out on top (while working alongside Tom, David, and my old collaborator Alex, no less) —well, it’s way too exciting a chance to pass up.”

“TRANSFORMERS was a large part of my childhood; I was captivated, wanting to see how Optimus Prime would foil the plans of Megatron,” says artist Alex Milne. “Later, I came across THETERMINATOR and was amazed by the idea of a robot pretending to be a human, sent back in time to hunt down a specific target. Now, as an adult, I’m very pleased to lend my talents to a project which sees these sci-fi icons brought together!”

TRANSFORMERS VS. THE TERMINATOR #1 will be available with multiple cover variants for retailers and fans to enjoy, including Cover A by Gavin Fullerton (Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds, Bags), Cover B by series artist Alex Milne, and two Retailer Incentive editions by comic book sensations Freddie E. Williams II (Batman/TMNT) and Francesco Francavilla (Star Wars Adventures), respectively.

For information on how to acquire copies of the TRANSFORMERS VS. THE TERMINATOR miniseries, please contact your local comic shop or visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com to find a store near you.

Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047463)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 20th, 2019 @ 4:40pm CST
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047526)
Posted by Ig89ninja on December 21st, 2019 @ 9:28am CST
Dr. Caelus wrote:They could make this a fairly deep story if Skynet appeals to Optimus's core belief that, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." After all, Skynet is, superficially at least, a much more familiar form of life than humans are, and everything it did was to secure its own survival.

If this was the case, you could totally draw parallels between Skynet’s story with Humans to Cybertronians with the Quintessons.
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2047565)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 21st, 2019 @ 6:13pm CST
I'm ALL IN.
Re: Transformers vs. The Terminator Crossover Comic Launching in 2020 (2048646)
Posted by Cyberstrike on January 6th, 2020 @ 8:51am CST
The Terminator as a comic book series hasn't much success with crossovers. If wasn't for Frank Miller and Walter Simonson writing and drawing respectfully I wouldn't even remember that Robocop vs. The Terminator ever happened and honestly IMHO it wasn't either man's best work.

Aliens vs. Predator vs. The Terminator other the title there was not much else to be remembered by this dud.

Now I haven't read either The Transformers/Star Trek: TAS and Transformers/Ghostbusters series but I've heard some good things about the first and a LOT of great things about the second. Maybe IDW and Dark Horse can do a hat trick and go 3 straight good/great crossovers with the Transformers which would be ironic since Hasbro can't get them to work in crossovers with their own properties like: The Go-Bots, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., ROM, The Micronauts, The Visionaries, Action Man, Jem and the Holograms, D&D, Magic: The Gathering, My Little Pony, and the rest but have better success with crossovers with properties that they don't own.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Titans Return Highbrow Brainstorm Wolfwire Headmasters Transformers Prime Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Deception Fangry Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Autobot Cosmos Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Firedrive & Autobot Hot Rod (Deluxe) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Titan Changers Bumblebee Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Titans Return Autobot Cosmos NRFB Action Figure UFO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Shockwave Decepticon - NIB" on EBAY