Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed

Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed

Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 10:40am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 75,986

Via Mashable we have the first images of the Transformers Collaborative Back to the Future crossover toy, Gigawatt. Gigawatt looks to share many parts and have similar engineering to the War for Cybertron Siege Sideswipe molding, similar to how Ectotron shared elements with Combiner Wars' Hot Spot (among others.)

Transformers News: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed

The image mirrored below is of a "Limited Edition" version of Gigawatt, with 1,985 pieces available starting today at approximately 1 PM EDT on Walmart.com. The link for this currently returns an error page, but is reported by the Mashable article as being here: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-PROJ ... /504056937

Another version of Gigawatt, for which there are no images thus far, will be made available on October 1st through Hasbro Pulse and other unspecified retail channels.

Additionally, a four-issue crossover comic from IDW Publishing will indeed be happening. No details other than its existence and a pair of cover images were available at this time. Those and more images of the toy are mirrored below.

That face - Rung, is that you? (Please, no hints.)

Good luck to all the Seibertronians looking to score a preorder for the limited edition Gigawatt this afternoon, and keep it here at Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news!

Credit(s): Mashable

Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070039)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 2nd, 2020 @ 10:55am CDT
That all chest look isnt great and inside the windshield mess but kind of like it, definitely feels like a Mr Men cross over due soon.

*what's the price on this? Half expecting it to be the price of a titan.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070040)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:04am CDT
Yes!! Bring on more crossovers, I seriously cannot get enough. I really hope this trend continues with more 80's/scifi franchises. Jaws, Predator, Aliens, Men in Black, the list is nearly endless. Any franchise involving any kind of iconic vehicle/machinery.

That windshield looks a bit messy, but it looks like a small price to pay for all the movie-accurate things this guy can do. The paint deco is perfect though. The figure just wouldn't have worked if they used a basic grey plastic, that airbrushing looks great.

Also, his face looks distinctly like Maccadam from Cyberverse interestingly enough.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070041)
Posted by sol magnus on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:05am CDT
I wasn't into Ecotron, but I ... kinda want this.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070042)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:07am CDT
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070043)
Posted by sol magnus on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:10am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:At first I wasn't 100% sold on this (granted it was like 99% sold :lol: ), then I saw it had the hover mode and Mr. Fusion and now I'm totally not risking not getting this guy. I hope we get more crossovers, because this line is doing a lot of weird and fun stuff

Well, we know there's also a Top Gun one coming.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070048)
Posted by Stormtalon on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:20am CDT

"You built a time machine out of an Autobot?"

I definitely seem Sideswipe in the mold and the wheels look a bit Cliffjumper-y.
Since Hasbro owns MASK how about a few transformers with MASK functionality. Switchblade, Thunderhawk Rhino and the rest. You can make it the Battle of Boulder Hill or something.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070049)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:22am CDT
I love how this can be both versions of the care from the first and the second/third movies. I also like how the mr fusion plugs onto the back of what looks like the siege optimus prime gun for his weapon.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070050)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:24am CDT
I'm on board with this and the comic I've got faith after the Ghostbusters crossover. As for gigawatt being a Sideswipe retool, it works for me, I've got no problems. Though I'm curious as to what's going to be different with the other version in October :-?
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070053)
Posted by Stargrave on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:38am CDT
Get your Astrotrain out and play Part 3 :lol:

Great stuff. Was expecting a retool but this is awesome.

The movie dates are listed on his chest, lightning rod, Mr. Fusion, flight mode, Flux Capacitor...fluxing...Someone hand me a towel I’m covered in fanservice....
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070054)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 2nd, 2020 @ 11:40am CDT
Other version? What would that be? I wanna make sure I know which one to get!
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070059)
Posted by kuhlio on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:03pm CDT
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070060)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:05pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Other version? What would that be? I wanna make sure I know which one to get!

I am guessing just a second general run maybe? They state sold at hasbro pulse.

kuhlio wrote:I dont think the preorder goes live until tomorrow based on the Mashable article.

They say in the article at the bottom that they had the wrong date before, and today is the new correct date.

...still not live though
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070062)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:07pm CDT
My body is ready!

I'll try for the limited edition, whatever it is, since I'm a big BttF and TF fan. Maybe I'll get a regular release too to take out of the box. I usually don't do MISB, but this time I may.

The chest is really wide. But the flux capacitor being there is fantastic.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070063)
Posted by o.supreme on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:09pm CDT
Anyone able to get in? I know it said "approxamtely" 1pm EST, but I cant sit around and wait for very long....
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070064)
Posted by Cobotron on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:09pm CDT
Anybody having any luck with that link?
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070065)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Now, how many are gonna fight over whether it should be spoken like the more movie-accurate "Jiggawatt" or the more-widely-used-in-real-life "Ghiggawatt"? :P
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070066)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:15pm CDT
link is still a bust. did a search on walmart to see if maybe the link is wrong, but no dice
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070067)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:16pm CDT
Anybody get the page to load?
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070068)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:18pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Anybody having any luck with that link?

Nope. It's Walmart, they are bad at this.
Re: Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt and Crossover Comic Revealed (2070069)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 2nd, 2020 @ 12:21pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Anybody having any luck with that link?

Nope. It's Walmart, they are bad at this.

too true, with any luck when they do get the link working it wont magically be already sold out like with some other exclusives. I am looking at you Neca Casey Jones and Raph.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY