Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing

Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 5:07pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,707

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian PrimeVsPrime has uploaded a video review for Transformers Studio Series Blitzwing. And great news, the head isn't white like in those product photos.

Board member MadProject summs up my thoughts well:

MadProject wrote:People were worried about the white head of the promo shots we say a month ago.
As I suspected, it was a prototype for promo shots, like Optimus with gray hands in ER.


This is the next voyager toy to be released in the Studio Series line and it should be out at retail anytime between now and 2 months from now, depending on the retailer.

PrimeVsPrime wrote:


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2070989)
Posted by Barricade.it on July 8th, 2020 @ 5:28pm CDT
I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2070990)
Posted by MadProject on July 8th, 2020 @ 6:11pm CDT
Barricade.it wrote:I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.


we don't know if there were licensing issues in not using the correct altmode.
Also, there's the chance they were preparing the toy with initial concepts and/or altmodes.
Didn't it happen something similar with SS Optimus?
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2070991)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 8th, 2020 @ 6:24pm CDT
MadProject wrote:
Barricade.it wrote:I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.


we don't know if there were licensing issues in not using the correct altmode.
Also, there's the chance they were preparing the toy with initial concepts and/or altmodes.
Didn't it happen something similar with SS Optimus?

It also happened with VW Bee having the door wings which were ultimately clipped for the movie. I think the alt mode does a good enough job all things considering.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2070992)
Posted by bacem on July 8th, 2020 @ 6:27pm CDT
Kinda bummed he is not a F4, but it's probably due to licensing, so eh. Overall, i like what i see here. I think the jet mode looks decent, and the robot mode looks great. Glad the paintapps is complete here. The articulation looks superb too, and most importantly, the transformation looks fun. That being said, i do concerned with the backpack and upper chest constantly popping out during the review. Hopefully this is just because that is a prototype, and not a universal qc problem that persist with all copies.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2071026)
Posted by morganprime on July 9th, 2020 @ 7:47am CDT
Pretty lazy jet mode the arms don't even change on the under carriage especially for $30. Was looking forward to this guy but Im glad I caught this review hard pass on this SS fig
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2071032)
Posted by TulioDude on July 9th, 2020 @ 10:09am CDT
He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2071039)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2020 @ 1:12pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

I doubt it somewhat as Cliffjumper was only seen in his cybertronian form, I can't remember Blitzwing being seen like that.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2071078)
Posted by TulioDude on July 9th, 2020 @ 7:39pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
TulioDude wrote:He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

I doubt it somewhat as Cliffjumper was only seen in his cybertronian form, I can't remember Blitzwing being seen like that.


Since Blitzwing shares his body type with the other seekers,it wouldn't much of stretch to have this remolded with the Cybertronian mode in mind.
I'm talking seekers in general,it doesn't have to represent Blitzwing himself.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2071111)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 10th, 2020 @ 3:16am CDT
Hnmm it's possible then but probably only to add filler to the line. Afterall Cliffjumper at least had a bit more screen time :lol:
Re: Video Review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing (2072440)
Posted by Pepsimus Prime on July 17th, 2020 @ 11:29am CDT
I'm so happy to see that this figure is coming out soon. Blitzwing really did get the shaft when it came to merchandise when it came to the bumblebee movie

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Voyager G2 Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / Movie the Best Laser beak MBEX" on EBAY
Buy "36246 MISB Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron IN STOCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Swoop Dinobot Beak unbroken rare 1985 Parts yellowed lot vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Lot: Starscream, Blackwing, Dreadwind Combiners" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers METROPLEX  Takara Hasbro Generations TG-23 *New* from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Generations War for Cybertron Cybertronian SOUNDWAVE WFC" on EBAY