Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Nice! It only makes sense to appeal to us GoBot aficionados too... :-D
I'm amazed to see this having happened at all since I didn't think they even could do so at first, what with the rights having been split between three different companies, two of which being rival companies even.

I'm right there with ya! How many things in life are overly complicated due to regulation or IP rights holding. But, since we actually got a VW Beetle MP Bumblebee, I like to think anything is possible. This only furthers the hope!

On the other hand, might there have been some rights lapse or other timing? (Actually, I'm not that curious. This is one of the reasons I have no desire to become a lawyer...)
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.

Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4721
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: North Side, Twin Cities
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Agamemnon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Nice! It only makes sense to appeal to us GoBot aficionados too... :-D
I'm amazed to see this having happened at all since I didn't think they even could do so at first, what with the rights having been split between three different companies, two of which being rival companies even.

I'm right there with ya! How many things in life are overly complicated due to regulation or IP rights holding. But, since we actually got a VW Beetle MP Bumblebee, I like to think anything is possible. This only furthers the hope!

On the other hand, might there have been some rights lapse or other timing? (Actually, I'm not that curious. This is one of the reasons I have no desire to become a lawyer...)
Having asked around about this, this appears to be a case of "Action Toys just did it on their own to see if they could get away with it since no one at Warner Bros. would really care that much to make any kind of fuss over it".

So... yay for WB's apathy? :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28875
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:17 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
*chuckle* Sure, why not? Better to ask for forgiveness? I suppose it is just a Cykill face at this point. And Warner may have other issues to deal with anyway. (Discussion for another thread.) I might have to get this Cykill now. I have their Leader-1. Might as well get the pair...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.

Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4721
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: North Side, Twin Cities
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 am

I don't have too many regrets in life, but searching for Machine Robo on ali express is definitively one of them.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19910
News Credits: 789
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Action Toys New Machine Robo figures aka GOBOTS revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:I don't have too many regrets in life, but searching for Machine Robo on ali express is definitively one of them.


Why do you do that to yourself?
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5438
News Credits: 158
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS 5 MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG PREMIER EDITION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 16 minutes 41 seconds
** 2015 Transformers Carzap TFCC Club 3.0 Subscription Service MISB ** - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 26 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Skywarp - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 40 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Cybertron PRIMUS New Sealed Original COMPLETE 2006 - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 41 minutes 1 second
Kids Logic Transformers Mecha Nations MN-06 Ultra Magnus Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 41 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS DREADWING - Time Remaining: 15 days 4 hours 42 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS GOLDFIRE - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 42 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS AUTOBOT SKIDS - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 42 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017