Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 am

So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics: the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021 and stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18875
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby Mkall » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I don't know, but if recent lines are any indication, the White Prime repaints are falling by the wayside, something which I'm pleased to see.

I don't doubt we'll see some repaint of the figure tagged as Ultra Magnus, but whether or not it's a White Prime repaint remains to be seen.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby craggy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

I thought it was really stupid looking and I didn't want it. Then Maketoys went and made Battle Tanker and it turned into a must-have! Would be even more so if the obvious, cheap, so simple even Hasbro would be hard-pressed to mess it up, Scourge repaint were a retail release.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4787
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Rodimus Prime wrote:So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.


Don't forget Combat Hero Optimus Prime.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4166
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby Mkall » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.


Don't forget Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

I'm still not sure we will see him (or the set). That ad struck me as marketing material from Hasbro to Walmart. There's no indication that they accepted it and the fact that the Legends are going to see release through TRU would immediately put part of this set into the non-exclusive territory.

In short: if we see Combat Hero Prime and sorta-G2-Jazz, I'll be surprised
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Mkall wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.


Don't forget Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

I'm still not sure we will see him (or the set). That ad struck me as marketing material from Hasbro to Walmart. There's no indication that they accepted it and the fact that the Legends are going to see release through TRU would immediately put part of this set into the non-exclusive territory.

In short: if we see Combat Hero Prime and sorta-G2-Jazz, I'll be surprised


Don't forget smaller components of a set have been switched out in the past. Energon Ultra Magnus comes to mind.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19358
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby Mkall » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.


Don't forget Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

I'm still not sure we will see him (or the set). That ad struck me as marketing material from Hasbro to Walmart. There's no indication that they accepted it and the fact that the Legends are going to see release through TRU would immediately put part of this set into the non-exclusive territory.

In short: if we see Combat Hero Prime and sorta-G2-Jazz, I'll be surprised


Don't forget smaller components of a set have been switched out in the past. Energon Ultra Magnus comes to mind.

Maybe, but I'm still in the pessimistic camp on this. I'd be more than happy to eat my words though.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Mkall wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So far, we have gotten G2 Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Shattered Glass Magnus, and now (according to my TFCC magazine) Scourge is on the way. At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed. Thinking about picking up the others, though SG Prime will probably cost an arm and a leg. And Generations Scourge looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.


Don't forget Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

I'm still not sure we will see him (or the set). That ad struck me as marketing material from Hasbro to Walmart. There's no indication that they accepted it and the fact that the Legends are going to see release through TRU would immediately put part of this set into the non-exclusive territory.

In short: if we see Combat Hero Prime and sorta-G2-Jazz, I'll be surprised


Don't forget smaller components of a set have been switched out in the past. Energon Ultra Magnus comes to mind.

Maybe, but I'm still in the pessimistic camp on this. I'd be more than happy to eat my words though.


:grin: Would you like fries with that? :grin:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19358
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Chant: Toxitron! Toxitron! :DANCE:

Oh, it better be a mass retail figure too... I own G2 prime... It's a great figure, just that he does not fit in anywhere in my collection. I'm gonna get the TFCC Scourge though... Just wished he had a Con logo instead.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1867
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby REMINATOR » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 am

Weapon: Road Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed.I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.

Lucky you, my sealed in bag SG UMagnus broke on its first transformation without applying any pressure at the pelvis joint. He also got stress mark on the neck ball joint. Don't know if the seller know it or not but I paid a huge amount too. Also, I don't know if Fun Pub has spare part to sell or if anyone has ever contact them before, please let me know.

As for a white version, if its material/qc is as cheapy as the SG version, then I pray it doesn't get made. Since I'm a slave to collect any UMagnus figure, I don't want to pay a huge amount for something that is easily broken.

Image
Image
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
Image
User avatar
REMINATOR
Gestalt
Posts: 2460
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:41 pm

Re: Generations G2 Prime and its repaints. (Magnus, Scourge)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

REMINATOR wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:At 1st I couldn't care less about this figure, didn't really like the mold just by looking at it. But then I got BotCon Magnus, and I'm actually impressed.I wonder if there will be a white version, for "regular" Magnus.

Lucky you, my sealed in bag SG UMagnus broke on its first transformation without applying any pressure at the pelvis joint. He also got stress mark on the neck ball joint. Don't know if the seller know it or not but I paid a huge amount too. Also, I don't know if Fun Pub has spare part to sell or if anyone has ever contact them before, please let me know.

As for a white version, if its material/qc is as cheapy as the SG version, then I pray it doesn't get made. Since I'm a slave to collect any UMagnus figure, I don't want to pay a huge amount for something that is easily broken.

Image
Image


That sux... My Magnus seems to be just fine, maybe it's just the 1 you got? Then again, I took mine out of the bag, transformed it to robot mode, and put it on the shelf and haven't touched it since. Also, I'm planning on selling it, so if you can't get an replacement part, and would like a replacement figure, PM me. :P
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics: the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021 and stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18875
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

2009 Transformers Universe 25th Cybertron Voyager Class Leo Prime NORMAL VER MIB - Time Remaining: 29 days 2 hours 37 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Sonar New Sealed Bat Figure Hasbro Transmetal 2 - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 38 minutes 5 seconds
Decepticon Stinger vs Strafe & Bumblebee AOE Transformers Walmart Exclusive Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 38 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Autobot Daredevil Squad Bumblebee Sam Witwicky Backfire New 2010 - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 41 minutes 32 seconds
DENT CTR24A4U 24 RoCoil Flexible Rogowski Current Transformers, CT-R24-A4-U - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 42 minutes 53 seconds
1993 Transformers G2 Autobot Mini Cars Bumblebee Hubcap Beachcomber - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 52 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Energon RID SLUGSLINGER Hasbro 2004 NOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 52 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jet DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 53 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test