Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I have no idea how but the left arm on my MP HotRod/Rodimus just randomly broke off. I was sitting there and all of a sudden heard something fall it sounded like plastic so i start looking at all my figures, glance over to HotRod & his arm is missing. Ive had this figure for almost a year transformed him maybe 2 or 3 times when i first got him then put em on the shelf. He hasent been moved or touched since then. From the looks of it i think its a plastic defect cause the break is very smooth & shiny plus it looks melted a little. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Ive had defects in transformers before but nothing like this, nothing that would take almost a year to show & ruin a figure. Just more proof that hasbro is using shitty plastics these days.

Also does anyone have any idea how i could possibly fix this? I cant afford to buy a new one and im afraid if i super glue it the arm wont move anymore. Guess i should mention where the break is, The peg that has the spring broke right at the gear section. Oh and the chrome on the pipes also flaked off when it fell.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1789

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5021
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Megatron Wolf wrote:I have no idea how but the left arm on my MP HotRod/Rodimus just randomly broke off. I was sitting there and all of a sudden heard something fall it sounded like plastic so i start looking at all my figures, glance over to HotRod & his arm is missing. Ive had this figure for almost a year transformed him maybe 2 or 3 times when i first got him then put em on the shelf. He hasent been moved or touched since then. From the looks of it i think its a plastic defect cause the break is very smooth & shiny plus it looks melted a little. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Ive had defects in transformers before but nothing like this, nothing that would take almost a year to show & ruin a figure. Just more proof that hasbro is using shitty plastics these days.

Also does anyone have any idea how i could possibly fix this? I cant afford to buy a new one and im afraid if i super glue it the arm wont move anymore. Guess i should mention where the break is, The peg that has the spring broke right at the gear section. Oh and the chrome on the pipes also flaked off when it fell.


Ah, that again. Yes, that is a very common problem with the Hasbro version, in that very spot. Trust me, you're not the very first one, it happened to a friend of mine (a kitbasher no less) and I saw it first hand. AFAIK there's no permanent way of fixing it.
As for the cause, I have a strong suspicion it's weak plastic coupled with a very strong spring in the ratchet joint. I'll have to ask my friend for his diagnosis and get back to you.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19349
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby RAcast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
In fact, this isn't even the first thread dedicated to this issues.

I recall at least one good solution from the last thread, but I can't seem to find it right now. I'll post a link if I do.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
Image
User avatar
RAcast
City Commander
Posts: 3049
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I dont know if i should be relieved that im not the only one or if i should be disappointed that theres another hasbro design flaw. Should i be worried that the same might happen to the other arm?

RAcast wrote:In fact, this isn't even the first thread dedicated to this issues.



Are any of the other threads still up? Maybe someone there has had some luck in fixing it. Normally id try and fix it myself or at least macgyver it but i dont want to risk breaking it anymore.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1789

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5021
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby RAcast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Found the thread, now looking for solutions.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86877&hilit=MP+rodimus

Okay, sorry, that thread didn't have anything. :( The only thing that was mentioned was simply putting the arm back on, sans spring. It doesn't "click and lock" but it still has motion and the joint is "tight enough."

mp-rodimus-s-broken-arms-hasbro-t86877s10.php#p1386523
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
Image
User avatar
RAcast
City Commander
Posts: 3049
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:Found the thread, now looking for solutions.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86877&hilit=MP+rodimus

Okay, sorry, that thread didn't have anything. :( The only thing that was mentioned was simply putting the arm back on, sans spring. It doesn't "click and lock" but it still has motion and the joint is "tight enough."

mp-rodimus-s-broken-arms-hasbro-t86877s10.php#p1386523


Well its better than nothing, as long as it looks good on the shelf and is still functional ill be happy. Its amazing how they all seem to break in the exact same way in the exact same spot. Even the break is self looks almost identical.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1789

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5021
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Hasbro MP Rodimus Randomly broke WTF

Postby gavinfuzzy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Mine's just sitting there in the box... :-( Well, if when I get MP Prime and Sideswipe I'll take him out and glue the arm back. :-(
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1867
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS 2014 COMBINER WARS LEGENDS RODIMUS & WARPATH Sealed MIMP In Stock - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 28 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Frenzy & Ratbat Basic Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 31 minutes
Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee vs Underbite NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 33 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee 2 In 1 Blaster NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 34 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus And Cyclonus - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 37 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers combiners wars lot hound scattershot powerglide complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 39 minutes 52 seconds
G2 Jetstorm 1993 Hasbro Transformers Action Figure NIP - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 40 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LEVEL 2 RHINOX, NEVER OPENED - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 41 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test