IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby LE0KING » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So I've gone over it a few times and i still don't understand the opening. The fembot with the dreads just loses her head for no reason.

The Mistress of the past, complete with a translator (the dreads) and a bodyguard followed a signal coming not far from their own planet. They traveled there and found Onyx, and apparently they were not supposed to, so Onyx killed the one he got his hands on (dreads) and then eventually killed the bodyguard, as seen in the annual. He's ruthless and sees his duty as bringing judgement upon his race, and their crime was actually following a signal they received from him and finding him.

Ah I missed that entirely. I'm not a big fan of this artist, the text doesn't match the picture in most panels. The way the mistress was talking about questions and answers I was under the impression they had a conversation. Then the dreads bot loses her head for no reason so they calmly leave.
I'll read it again and see if it makes more sense.

Thanks man.
User avatar
LE0KING
Vehicon
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Magrada is much less to type than "that one with the dreads" ;)^
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4483
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 am

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
“He shall arrive with a Titan; and adorned the Titan will be in metal black."

I think has been already done (In dark Cybertron) - I felt it was more of a shockwave thing.... But then again, what is being suggested is pretty solid as well.

“ And he shall arrive and stand alone while not alone; and time will rust... and stars will scream.”


I think we know where I am going to go with this - Starscream obviously, but a few points
He will stand alone, while not alone - Could be Starscream with ghost of bee. To everyone else, Starscream is alone, but he is rarely without him near at hand.

Time will rust - that could be an antilla reference, we can see. Stars will scream - could be Cybertron screaming to Unicron


"And the symbol of the Uncreator shall be clear... and his gaze shall unravel the legacy of Primus."

Not sure, but a big aft eye seems like a gaze... I think this is the one we're heading into more or less. The last part of the second, and this.
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5309
News Credits: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
ScottyP wrote:Magrada is much less to type than "that one with the dreads" ;)^

Yeah, but I kinda liked Dreads :lol:
Sunstar wrote:"And the symbol of the Uncreator shall be clear... and his gaze shall unravel the legacy of Primus."

Not sure, but a big aft eye seems like a gaze... I think this is the one we're heading into more or less. The last part of the second, and this.

Ooooooooooooooo I like this part. The symbol was an eye, thought to be Shockwaves, but then here we have another eye...
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 12667
News Credits: 288
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Preview for IDW Transformers: Optimus Prime Volume 2 TPB

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Despite contradicting information from IDW Publishing (the schedule we received says this book is out some time this month, but other listings state 20th February) we do have a full preview of the second collected trade for the ongoing Transformers comics series Optimus Prime!

Collecting the stories included in issues 7 to 10, and the Transformers 2017 Annual - you know, the Ghost Stories one - the preview can be seen below. Check it out!


Transformers: Optimus Prime, Vol. 2 Paperback
by John Barber (Author),‎ Priscilla Tramontano (Illustrator),‎ Casey W. Coller (Illustrator),‎ Kei Zama (Illustrator),‎ Livio Ramondelli (Illustrator)

Confronting threats old and new while discovering the Transformers universe through the stories of fan-favorite Autobots. Featuring untold tales from the ancient past of Cybertron--and hints to the true fate of deceased Autobot Bumblebee!

Optimus and his Autobots narrowly prevented an alien invasion of Earth. Now, in the aftermath, dive into stories of war, loss, regret, and redemption. This volume of Optimus Prime gives readers dramatic Transformers stories that spotlight the Autobots' present and past struggles while setting the stage for future surprises! Collects Transformers: Optimus Prime issues #7-10 and the Transformers 2017 Annual.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 am

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mr. Prime... Now that's a name he should be called more often.
:SERVO: :D :CROW:

Earth Wars name: LAZERWAVE41
ATTENTION! I am seeking a CW Leader Starscream Crown to replace mine that broke. If you have one you want to get rid of, please let me know! PM me for details. Thank you!
User avatar
Decepticon Stryker
Targetmaster
Posts: 661
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:52 pm
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Cover A Revealed for IDW Optimus Prime #16

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Sunstar and Twitter user The Kup, we have a newly revealed cover for the upcoming Optimus Prime #16, which is due out in February! The new cover is drawn by regular artist Kei Zama with colors by Josh Burcham, and shows off Soundwave with Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, and Ravage. What is interesting about this cover is that Ravage is drawn in a body style that is similar to his much earlier Megatron Origins design, which is fitting seeing as how Soundwave appears to have a rubsign, much like he did in Optimus Prime volume 1 during the "in the past" scenes.

Check out the cover below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 12667
News Credits: 288
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:55 am

They’re a all drawn in their pre-earth forms
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1976
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Optimus Prime #16 by Marcelo Matere

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronians ScottyP and Sunstar have linked us to a recently uploaded variant cover for the current arc taking place in the IDW Publishing ongoing Transformers comics series Optimus Prime, specifically, the 1-in-10 incentive that will be released with issue #16 of the series, due end of February!

The art, featuring Optimus Prime (the Thirteenth/Arisen from Aligned and now seeping into IDW mythology) and Onyx Primal - the baddest winged spiky centaur of them all - is by Marcelo Matere, the colours are not credited, but may very well be Priscilla Tramontano or Joana Lafuente. Check it out below!

W) John Barber (A) Kei Zama (CA) Marcelo Matere
The Falling, Part 2: The arrival of Onyx Prime throws Cybertron into chaos-because he hasn't come alone. Onyx's treacherous companion forces Soundwave to finally make a choice: is Optimus Prime a friend... or foe?


Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Would you kindly explain what 1 in 10 promotion means?
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1772
News Credits: 33
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:13 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover
ZeroWolf
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5416
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 am

For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.
Rodimus Knight
Fuzor
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover


Alas, it takes proactive ordering from the shop, Rodimus Knight has it correct here:

Rodimus Knight wrote:For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover


Alas, it takes proactive ordering from the shop, Rodimus Knight has it correct here:

Rodimus Knight wrote:For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.



There is 1 variant cover I want for an IDW book (the only decent cover offered imho). I checked with 3 local shops, 2 nearby out of state shops and my friend looked into the 5 shops near him halfway across the country, and only 1 place ordered enough to get the variant cover I wanted, and it was already spoken for.

This is another reason I dislike IDW.
Rodimus Knight
Fuzor
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover


Alas, it takes proactive ordering from the shop, Rodimus Knight has it correct here:

Rodimus Knight wrote:For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.



There is 1 variant cover I want for an IDW book (the only decent cover offered imho). I checked with 3 local shops, 2 nearby out of state shops and my friend looked into the 5 shops near him halfway across the country, and only 1 place ordered enough to get the variant cover I wanted, and it was already spoken for.

This is another reason I dislike IDW.


I understand the frustration, but this is not IDW's doing. This is the scourge that is the Direct Market. Those comics that the shops buy? Mostly non-returnable, and they've already paid for them. If no customers buy them, and they're on no orders, they'll just drop the title. That's the case for any publisher doing variants to drive sales, misunderstanding the **** point entirely.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 pm

Va'al wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover


Alas, it takes proactive ordering from the shop, Rodimus Knight has it correct here:

Rodimus Knight wrote:For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.



There is 1 variant cover I want for an IDW book (the only decent cover offered imho). I checked with 3 local shops, 2 nearby out of state shops and my friend looked into the 5 shops near him halfway across the country, and only 1 place ordered enough to get the variant cover I wanted, and it was already spoken for.

This is another reason I dislike IDW.


I understand the frustration, but this is not IDW's doing. This is the scourge that is the Direct Market. Those comics that the shops buy? Mostly non-returnable, and they've already paid for them. If no customers buy them, and they're on no orders, they'll just drop the title. That's the case for any publisher doing variants to drive sales, misunderstanding the **** point entirely.


Actually you just pointed out that it is the publisher's fault. If people don't want to purchase their books, it's the fault of the company making it. Either the writing is bad, the arts is bad, or the subject is bad.

You need to put out a good product if you want people to purchase it. If you're doing something new and original, then maybe don't make the variant requirements so high, or allow them to purchase multiples.

If you put you best cover on the variant in hopes that it will cause shops to purchase more of the standard, then you should have just used it as the standard, and maybe the stores would purchase more. Comics are a visual medium, and if you create stupid or ugly covers, people will skip over it.

The guy who runs the shop I spend most of my time at, directed me to one of the biggest shops with an online store that sells across the country, and even they don't appear to be ordering enough to get the variant.
Rodimus Knight
Fuzor
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think it's something along the lines of every 1 in 10 issues will have this cover


Alas, it takes proactive ordering from the shop, Rodimus Knight has it correct here:

Rodimus Knight wrote:For every 10 standard covers a shop orders they can get 1 variant,.



There is 1 variant cover I want for an IDW book (the only decent cover offered imho). I checked with 3 local shops, 2 nearby out of state shops and my friend looked into the 5 shops near him halfway across the country, and only 1 place ordered enough to get the variant cover I wanted, and it was already spoken for.

This is another reason I dislike IDW.


I understand the frustration, but this is not IDW's doing. This is the scourge that is the Direct Market. Those comics that the shops buy? Mostly non-returnable, and they've already paid for them. If no customers buy them, and they're on no orders, they'll just drop the title. That's the case for any publisher doing variants to drive sales, misunderstanding the **** point entirely.


Actually you just pointed out that it is the publisher's fault. If people don't want to purchase their books, it's the fault of the company making it. Either the writing is bad, the arts is bad, or the subject is bad.

You need to put out a good product if you want people to purchase it. If you're doing something new and original, then maybe don't make the variant requirements so high, or allow them to purchase multiples.

If you put you best cover on the variant in hopes that it will cause shops to purchase more of the standard, then you should have just used it as the standard, and maybe the stores would purchase more. Comics are a visual medium, and if you create stupid or ugly covers, people will skip over it.

The guy who runs the shop I spend most of my time at, directed me to one of the biggest shops with an online store that sells across the country, and even they don't appear to be ordering enough to get the variant.



That is not what I said.

Let's try again:

"They’re a very normal part of the comic book landscape and are offered to retailers in a few different ways: A and B covers where a shop will get an equal amount of the standard cover and the B variant. And Incentive Variants where a retailer has to order a certain amount of A issues from Diamond to get issues with the B cover, or occasionally separate covers for the same issue with Separate Order Codes that shops can order as they wish.

Variant covers are a really popular part of comic buying for fans, but can be a real struggle for retailers, as they encourage speculation, where collectors buy rarer books specifically to resell them at a higher price. If a shop takes a risk on a large variant scheme that doesn’t land well, it can really damage a business.

[...]

One of the most interesting things about variant covers is they are always sold to shops at cover price. So the inflated prices that you will often see for the rarer books are set by whomever is selling them. Comic shops will usually set a price close to what the book is being sold for online, as this means that they won’t just be selling it to someone to sell on at a hugely inflated rate.

Variant covers can impact order numbers in different ways. They can drive initial sales up as shops order to get specific covers for customers, but sometimes they actually lower numbers by spreading them out among different codes, which can cause sales to be completely misreported. A separate order code is typically used when a variant cover has a higher cover price than the standard cover. Also, the number of comics sold by Diamond in no way equates to the actual number of comics sold. "


Source
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Godmaster
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:12 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!


I'm willing to pay double or maybe triple for the variant (because I only know one shop that sells variants at cover price), but I'm not willing to go higher then that. Otherwise, If I read it I'll just read the comic online and not buy it at all.

I purchased the transformers Archie x-over book for the cover with Hot Rod, Betty and Veronica because I liked the cover. I couldn't' give a rats ass about the story. I never read it, but I display the cover art.

Companies create variant covers to try and drive up sales, for their own profit. My point is, if they wrote and drew comics people want they wouldn't need to create a false sales model. People would buy the books. If a company feels they need to put their best covers on hard to get variants, it's because they don't believe the book will sell well, and In the case of IDW it's become a way of life for them period and really needs to stop.

Again, if one of the largest online retailers is apparently not even getting the variant cover, it shows just how bad they are expecting the book to sell.
Rodimus Knight
Fuzor
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!


I'm willing to pay double or maybe triple for the variant (because I only know one shop that sells variants at cover price), but I'm not willing to go higher then that. Otherwise, If I read it I'll just read the comic online and not buy it at all.

I purchased the transformers Archie x-over book for the cover with Hot Rod, Betty and Veronica because I liked the cover. I couldn't' give a rats ass about the story. I never read it, but I display the cover art.

Companies create variant covers to try and drive up sales, for their own profit. My point is, if they wrote and drew comics people want they wouldn't need to create a false sales model. People would buy the books. If a company feels they need to put their best covers on hard to get variants, it's because they don't believe the book will sell well, and In the case of IDW it's become a way of life for them period and really needs to stop.

Again, if one of the largest online retailers is apparently not even getting the variant cover, it shows just how bad they are expecting the book to sell.



Nah. Still not getting it.

EDIT: Oooh, and I initially missed the bit about not actually buying the comics, therefore not supporting the comics, therefore not supporting comic shops, and really just being part of the problem.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!

i remember doing that once with one back when dreamwave put out transformers and ended up with a shitload of one issue like 20 just for the variant and decided i wasnt going to do it again but just 10 issues doesnt seem too bad :-?
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Godmaster
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ultra Markus wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!

i remember doing that once with one back when dreamwave put out transformers and ended up with a shitload of one issue like 20 just for the variant and decided i wasnt going to do it again but just 10 issues doesnt seem too bad :-?


If comics prices were not as high as they currently are with all major publishers, I'd say go for it! But with 3.99 minimum per issue, I wouldn't recommend it, just for the one cover.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Inked Lineart for Variant Cover IDW Optimus Prime #16 by Marcelo Matere

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:09 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After yesterday's full reveal, from artist Marcelo Matere, of the incentive cover for the IDW Publishing ongoing Transformers comics series Optimus Prime, we now have - via fellow Seibertronian Sunstar again - the inked lineart of the same Optimus Prime and Onyx Prime piece, for those of you interested in the pre-coloured artwork!

You can see the gigantic piece mirrored below, as Matere shared on his Twitter account the scan of the full board - and then join the conversation in the Energon Pub, and let us know what you think of the mythology returning to the series, and what you expect Onyx's role to be!

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Come get weird in.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16349
News Credits: 201
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:If getting the variant cover is so important to some wouldn't it be easier to just order the 10 directly from the distributor? Sure you would be paying for more books but you end up getting what you want


Some people do pool together and do that, or then resell the other copies on secondary market, or both!

i remember doing that once with one back when dreamwave put out transformers and ended up with a shitload of one issue like 20 just for the variant and decided i wasnt going to do it again but just 10 issues doesnt seem too bad :-?


If comics prices were not as high as they currently are with all major publishers, I'd say go for it! But with 3.99 minimum per issue, I wouldn't recommend it, just for the one cover.
It's cheaper to buy them on eBay than it is to do self-fund an RI order. Way cheaper.
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4483
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
Twincast / Podcast #200:
"Requiem of the Twincast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon