IDW Transformers: Unicron Mini-Series Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So they bring beeback to life just to kill them again with the rest of the universe? Neat.

Though I think this will lead up to a similar place as cybertron (the animated series) I. E. Unicron becomes a massive black hole in whatever continuity follows this reset. Allowing the possibility that Unicron may return for another event
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 9382
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
It looks like after this UNICRON series, the Have IDWverse ends and begins anew. A good point to jump off.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
User avatar
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Posts: 480
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Location: Earth
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron to end current universe?

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Va'al wrote:So is Unicron actually devouring the whole IDWverse? Looks like it might be the case after all...

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ytf/40719/

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.



Now I feel as if I've wasted my time with the series. :-(
Card carrying grumpy old man.


Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4609
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron to end current universe?

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:Now I feel as if I've wasted my time with the series. :-(



I thought that at The Death of Optimus Prime...
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron to end current universe?

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:
Va'al wrote:So is Unicron actually devouring the whole IDWverse? Looks like it might be the case after all...

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ytf/40719/

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.



Now I feel as if I've wasted my time with the series. :-(



Not if you’ve enjoyed the ride. My favorite comic Invincible ended this week. 15 years, was that a waste? When Chew ended last year did that too feel like years wasted? Hell no! If you enjoy something and it ends it’s never a waste.

That’s like saying you feel like you wasted your childhood after watching all of G1 as a kid becuase rebirth was the finale.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2608
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby That_Guy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
Guess this is IDW’s version of Flashpoint to reset the continuity? I’m all for it, not all of the new 52 was bad.
User avatar
That_Guy
Micromaster
Posts: 83
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'm currently collecting a Transformers part work, exploring the history of all Transformers comics. The newest ones this week were Dark Cybertron (part 2) and All Hail Optimus Prime.

Bearing in mind I tapped out of IDWverse with Death of Optimus Prime yet, if these stories are indication of what IDWverse has become... Unicron should devour it
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron to end current universe?

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Randomhero wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Va'al wrote:So is Unicron actually devouring the whole IDWverse? Looks like it might be the case after all...

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ytf/40719/

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.



Now I feel as if I've wasted my time with the series. :-(



Not if you’ve enjoyed the ride. My favorite comic Invincible ended this week. 15 years, was that a waste? When Chew ended last year did that too feel like years wasted? Hell no! If you enjoy something and it ends it’s never a waste.

That’s like saying you feel like you wasted your childhood after watching all of G1 as a kid becuase rebirth was the finale.



I don't feel time was wasted because it's ending, I feel time was wasted because I'm willing to bet Hasbro is ending it so the IDW comics can be turned into a toy commercial first, and a story a distant second.
Card carrying grumpy old man.


Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4609
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
They're really putting those issues out of order aren't they? Dark Cybertron was almost two years before all hail optimus.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 9382
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:They're really putting those issues out of order aren't they? Dark Cybertron was almost two years before all hail optimus.



It's pretty random how they pair the volumes. Dark Cybertron was Vol.60, All Hail Optimus Vol. 71. It is clear that a lot happened in the interim.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ricemazter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
That_Guy wrote:Guess this is IDW’s version of Flashpoint to reset the continuity? I’m all for it, not all of the new 52 was bad.


Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about this. IDW got the transformers universe into a really interesting place. I don't want to have to spend another decade going through the war all over again, reintroducing each character and scrapping all the current story directions instead of fixing the ones that don't work as of now. Thee war ending was probably the best thing to happen to transformers.

Also, I thought it was odd that the TAAO annual would put Windblade in charge with significant changes to Cybertron while the rest of the titles ignore what happened and play catch up in between. Now I know why, because they planned to flush everything down the toilet anyway, so who cares what happens in the nebulous future if the universe is going to explode before that happens? Ugh.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
ricemazter wrote:
That_Guy wrote:Guess this is IDW’s version of Flashpoint to reset the continuity? I’m all for it, not all of the new 52 was bad.


Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about this. IDW got the transformers universe into a really interesting place. I don't want to have to spend another decade going through the war all over again, reintroducing each character and scrapping all the current story directions instead of fixing the ones that don't work as of now.


Reminds me of when the -Ations ended and AHM took over. Shattering everything interesting that Furman was building, for Sunbow 2.0. All the more disappointing was that AHM was successful, indicating to Hasbro and IDW, Sunbow was all people actually wanted from Transformers.

IDWverse does need a reboot now though. It's become too convoluted and bloated. It started with the Primacy trilogy and the pointless retcons and later by shoehorning too many other properties into Transformers.

ricemazter wrote:The war ending was probably the best thing to happen to transformers.


Not in IDW, as the war never really took off in this continuity. Furman gave highlights, some tertiary battlegrounds such as Earth in Infiltration. Then AHM "ended" the Sunbow War and now we are at "people in robot suits".
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I don't see how you can say the war never took off as it did happen, and is pointed out every so often, or do you mean because IDW haven't displayed it much? Still one thing we have to be clear on is that after the reset hits, the franchises will still be together but I'm hoping they'll roll in together a lot more organically this time. After all gi joe and tfs have a long history together and technically the generation 2 comic series launched out of a gi joe series, as megatron rebuilt himself with Cobra tech he bartered for from Cobra Commander.

Though IDW if you're listening please let some other series serve as a launch pad for new stuff this time round, give the Transformers a break.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 9382
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Yeah, the War has been a case of "Tell, don't show" in IDW. The closest it came to showing The War was Megatron: Origin and Stormbringer. After Spotlight Kup and Wheelie, implication of The War seemed to be the last way it would be mentioned as an ongoing conflict.

They have characters such as Thundercracker decrying all the killing and destruction they have witnessed, yet we haven't be shown any of that.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1900
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ricemazter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
ricemazter wrote:
That_Guy wrote:Guess this is IDW’s version of Flashpoint to reset the continuity? I’m all for it, not all of the new 52 was bad.


Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about this. IDW got the transformers universe into a really interesting place. I don't want to have to spend another decade going through the war all over again, reintroducing each character and scrapping all the current story directions instead of fixing the ones that don't work as of now.


Reminds me of when the -Ations ended and AHM took over. Shattering everything interesting that Furman was building, for Sunbow 2.0. All the more disappointing was that AHM was successful, indicating to Hasbro and IDW, Sunbow was all people actually wanted from Transformers.

IDWverse does need a reboot now though. It's become too convoluted and bloated. It started with the Primacy trilogy and the pointless retcons and later by shoehorning too many other properties into Transformers.

ricemazter wrote:The war ending was probably the best thing to happen to transformers.


Not in IDW, as the war never really took off in this continuity. Furman gave highlights, some tertiary battlegrounds such as Earth in Infiltration. Then AHM "ended" the Sunbow War and now we are at "people in robot suits".


We had,I think, plenty of highlights from the war itself. Unlike the Sunbow cartoon, the IDW war was a massive galaxy spanning affair taking place on multiple fronts. Last Stand of the Wreckers was a good example of the war itself, and we saw it again multiple times throughout MTMTE, like in the first couple Scavengers issues and when Sunder got loose, not to mention the various spotlights. I think the war was always something best left implied and kept to singular stories as it was never very interesting. The fallout and implications of the war were, however and all we needed were snippets. I think any ongoing series that seriously used the war as a focus would get very boring very quickly, which is why the spotlights worked so well.

Also, with the specifics of the war being kept vague, any writer could come in and do a prequel story at any point and make an interesting or crazy setting like in ROM vs Transformers. Heck, if we did want to go back to the war, we wouldn't even need a reboot. There's 4 million years of untold stories just waiting for someone to take a crack at.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Also the destruction that upset Thundercracker so much was in all hail megatron as he saw the campaign against the humans. That's actually something of want to survive in the reboot, screenwriter Thundercracker and his dog buster...I love it whenever he's used.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 9382
News Credits: 330
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:54 pm

QUICK! EVERYONE RUN TO THE FUNCTIONALIST UNIVERSE! MEGATRON HAS BEEN PREPPING IT FOR US!!!!!

If only
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2608
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Motto: "Forced peace is tyranny unto itself."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Randomhero wrote:QUICK! EVERYONE RUN TO THE FUNCTIONALIST UNIVERSE! MEGATRON HAS BEEN PREPPING IT FOR US!!!!!

If only


I think you might be onto something. Why suddenly dump Megatron away like that? There’s probably a lot in the planning of this, as truncated as it is probably going to be.

What if Lost Light? Is that just going to fade out on it’s own? Seems like there’s some universe shattering stuff coming up there too.
User avatar
Stormshot_Prime
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:05 pm
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:QUICK! EVERYONE RUN TO THE FUNCTIONALIST UNIVERSE! MEGATRON HAS BEEN PREPPING IT FOR US!!!!!

If only


I think you might be onto something. Why suddenly dump Megatron away like that? There’s probably a lot in the planning of this, as truncated as it is probably going to be.

What if Lost Light? Is that just going to fade out on it’s own? Seems like there’s some universe shattering stuff coming up there too.



Well I think this is all just hype. IDW isn’t losing the rights or anything. They said the comics will come after this event. The entire “Unicron is coming to destroy everything” is just hype. He’s not going to eat earth, he’s not gonna eat Cybertron. The universe is not getting reset. Comics do this all the time. Unicron will be defeated and we wil be entering into phase 4(?) of the IDWverse.

Lost light? I don’t know. I can’t even imagine but I don’t think that series is really ending but maybe it is. We got this Scavengers story ending and it’s supposedly their final story and then we got this story about Rodimus and crew “Dying” so I means that would leave around 7-8 issues to get the crew to Cyberutopia and conclude...maybe that’s enough I don’t know.

Even IF lost light ends let’s all be grown ups for a moment and look at the real picture. It’s james Roberts. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he is this generations Simon Furman. He will always have a place writing transformers fiction. Just like Simon did for the span of 25 years if James wants to continue and he more than likely will if offered. Just like how John has cemented himself as one of the best writers too. Unless these guys don’t want to continue doing it or IDW doesn’t want them which I find hard to believe considering how their relationships with the company are they won’t be going anywhere. John may not be editor anymore but let’s not kid ourselves he’s still running this whole universe for transformers,

While I don’t want a new start but let’s not deny that over 13 years so far we’ve gotten way more good stories than bad and it’s the longest running continuity that transformers has ever had. It’s been a helluva run

Over 300issue I think. That’s damn good for company like IDW
Last edited by Randomhero on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2608
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
The comics are all selling far below what TAAO was selling when it got cancelled. So ending it all and then rebooting makes sense from that standpoint for sure. Especially since the first issues of First Strike outsold any Transformers comic that month. Events comics are selling. The regulate comics are not.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
User avatar
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Posts: 480
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Location: Earth
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Targetmaster Kup wrote:The comics are all selling far below what TAAO was selling when it got cancelled. So ending it all and then rebooting makes sense from that standpoint for sure. Especially since the first issues of First Strike outsold any Transformers comic that month. Events comics are selling. The regulate comics are not.



Comics are a dying thing and that’s only physical numbers. Digital ones aren’t released and I’m actually one of those people. I haven’t bought a physical comic since 2013
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2608
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Windsweeper » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:QUICK! EVERYONE RUN TO THE FUNCTIONALIST UNIVERSE! MEGATRON HAS BEEN PREPPING IT FOR US!!!!!

If only


I think you might be onto something. Why suddenly dump Megatron away like that? There’s probably a lot in the planning of this, as truncated as it is probably going to be.

What if Lost Light? Is that just going to fade out on it’s own? Seems like there’s some universe shattering stuff coming up there too.



Well I think this is all just hype. IDW isn’t losing the rights or anything. They said the comics will come after this event. The entire “Unicron is coming to destroy everything” is just hype. He’s not going to eat earth, he’s not gonna eat Cybertron. The universe is not getting reset. Comics do this all the time. Unicron will be defeated and we wil be entering into phase 4(?) of the IDWverse.

Lost light? I don’t know. I can’t even imagine but I don’t think that series is really ending but maybe it is. We got this Scavengers story ending and it’s supposedly their final story and then we got this story about Rodimus and crew “Dying” so I means that would leave around 7-8 issues to get the crew to Cyberutopia and conclude...maybe that’s enough I don’t know.

Even IF lost light ends let’s all be grown ups for a moment and look at the real picture. It’s james Roberts. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he is this generations Simon Furman. He will always have a place writing transformers fiction. Just like Simon did for the span of 25 years if James wants to continue and he more than likely will if offered. Just like how John has cemented himself as one of the best writers too. Unless these guys don’t want to continue doing it or IDW doesn’t want them which I find hard to believe considering how their relationships with the company are they won’t be going anywhere. John may not be editor anymore but let’s not kid ourselves he’s still running this whole universe for transformers,

While I don’t want a new start but let’s not deny that over 13 years so far we’ve gotten way more good stories than bad and it’s the longest running continuity that transformers has ever had. It’s been a helluva run

Over 300issue I think. That’s damn good for company like IDW


I agree with most of what you said apart from Barber being one of the best writers.

I can't stand the stuff he's done. I hate Thundercracker's screenwriting nonsense, his dog and the mess he made of Prowl. To say nothing of going back to Earth and focussing far too much on the humans.

To me, Barber is the Michael Bay of the comics.

Mairghead, James, Nick and Simon are great writers though.
Windsweeper
Godmaster
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I'll be picking up a copy of this for sure. I do love the way they make Bumblebee emote they really did make him look sad but in kinda a cute way. Can't help but feel sorry for the lil fella.
User avatar
WreckerJack
Godmaster
Posts: 1952
News Credits: 295
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby MagicDeath » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Motto: "In order to progress, one thing must die and provide the fertile soil for another to grow from."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I'm pretty sure the interview person just mis-used the word continuity. About 90% sure. Like how they ended 'continuity' with Death of Optimus Prime and Revolution.

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.


I took this as: Unicron is coming to devour stuff, everybody has to fix the problem. And then there will be the aftermath, where things start happening again.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at thinks from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3
User avatar
MagicDeath
Vehicon
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby Va'al » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
MagicDeath wrote:I'm pretty sure the interview person just mis-used the word continuity. About 90% sure. Like how they ended 'continuity' with Death of Optimus Prime and Revolution.

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.


I took this as: Unicron is coming to devour stuff, everybody has to fix the problem. And then there will be the aftermath, where things start happening again.


That is indeed a possible reading of what is meant!

The entire TF comics Twitter is buzzing right now, with Roberts talking of News, Griffith tweeting a new Barber scripted issue #1 of Something.. we'll find out as soon as the solicits are out this week. ;)
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers (Two) Megatron Deception Dark of the Moon Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Megatron Mechtech" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations -  Deluxe Class Action Figure - Cybertronian Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "ORION PAX OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Robot Truck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon  Voyager Class Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CYBER BATTALION JETFIRE AUTOBOT" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS 3 DOTM LUNARFIRE OPTIMUS PRIME EXCLUSIVE DELUXE CLASS SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Complete" on EBAY