IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Va'al wrote:
You can! You need that code after V= in between [youtube] tags. Like so:

Code: Select all
[youtube]BUTjLmxmPW0[/youtube]




Thanks for the tip! Fix the previous post.
Image
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
Posts: 2144
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection

Postby Va'al » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Our second preview up this week, from an IDW Publishing Transformers comics release, is another collected edition for a book that has already seen several editions - the Tom Scioli (with John Barber) production of Transformers vs G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection!

Bringing together the entire run of the series, plus the one-shot titled The Movie Adaptation (no movie was ever made, before you ask), the book can be viewed below with its new production and specific art style and writing. Check it out, and let us know if you'll finally dip into the cosmic swirls of the clashing worlds Scioli.

Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection
Tom Scioli, John Barber (w) • Tom Scioli (a & c)
Earth makes contact with an alien race—and G.I. JOE is on the front lines! But, when the Transformers arrive—well, let's just say you've never seen Transformers vs G.I. JOE like this! Presenting the entire 13-issue Transformers vs G.I. JOE series—full of Kirby crackle and the relentless fun of Scioli's vision—plus the all-new Transformers vs G.I. JOE: The Movie Adaptation one-shot in one unforgettable edition. Travel from Earth to Cybertron and back again as comic book luminary Tom Scioli turns his imagination loose on Hasbro's beloved toys! This oversized deluxe hardcover also includes commentary and extras by creators Tom Scioli and John Barber!
HC • FC • $49.99 • 420 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-860-1

Bullet points:
"Instead of trying to take '80s toy nostalgia and make it sexy and modern, Tom Scioli and John Barber have made a comic that feels like playing with action figures in your backyard..."—Vice


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17005
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby carytheone » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Va'al wrote:Image

Well this is the most awesome image I've seen in a while - guess who just got a new wallpaper for their phone :-?

I do really enjoy this series. Lots of fun with clearly no **** given... ever!

Shame I already have them all digitally, but I could talk myself into a hard copy. I do love the so bad it's good art style.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6956
News Credits: 107
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: murder hobo

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Well, I know what I'm picking up on my way home.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:


Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3251
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Gets Complete Quintessential Reissue

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
It doesn't look like anything or anyone is going to stop the popularity of the utterly bonkers reimagined version of the Transformers vs G.I. Joe crossover that sprang forth from the minds of Tom Scioli and John Barber (and the creative skills of the former), as the complete collection - including the so-called 'movie adaptation' - has just received another, deluxe sized release!

Read on below for the full press release for this past week's Quintessential collection edition of the series, including a bunch of endorsements from various sources, and head here for our database entry on the series!

Image

Tom Scioli’s Acclaimed Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series Gets Deluxe Package!


“Reading this book is the best possible reminder of how much fun it was to play with your toys as a kid.” – IGN

San Diego, CA (February 1, 2018) – The fan-favorite mashup of toy box essentials, Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE were given a unique, critically acclaimed comic book series published by IDW that took readers by surprise. In a series unlike anything that had come before it, Tom Scioli’s unique storytelling brought the elaborate settings and battles of childhood imaginations to the comic page. Now, at last, the complete series is available in a deluxe hardcover collection; Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection.

Heavily influenced by the “king of comics,” Jack Kirby, Scioli’s sense of design and aesthetic along with Transformers veteran co-writer John Barber won over critics and fans alike; with CBR calling it “Truly unlike anything else on stands right now, Barber and Scioli have made Transformers vs. G.I. Joe one of the most fascinating books on shelves today.”

Collecting all 13 issues of the maxi-series along with the debut #0 issue appearing on Free Comic Book Day 2015, plus the bonkers Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation, this hardcover collection has it all. Back matter includes page-by-page commentary by Scioli and Barber for each issue, along with a complete cover gallery!

“It's the hardest I've ever worked,” says Scioli. “There's blood on those pages. I gave everything I had to give. Go from T.H.E. P.I.T. to Cybertron and back again. Read the comic that inspired the movie! I'm already nostalgic for it and you will be, too!”

Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection is available now using ISBN: 978-1631408601.

“Tom Scioli is a master in visual storytelling and it’s never been more apparent here.” – Multiversity Comics

“It’s one of those comics that overwhelms with the sheer creative energy on the page” – The A.V. Club

“Whether you're a Transformers fan, a G.I. Joe fan, or just a fan of retro goodness, this is one for you.” –Comic Book Therapy

“If you asked me to pick my favorite comics of the year, there's not even a question about it: Transformers vs. G.I. Joe would be at the top of the list.” – Comics Alliance



Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17005
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 am

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
I tried to polish this tu®d as best as I could...

PicsArt_1517564005099.jpg


...but it STILL looks to me like some 12 year old drew it in their notebook...

PicsArt_1517564319986.jpg
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Omegatron. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:07 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
primalxconvoy wrote:I tried to polish this tu®d as best as I could...

...but it STILL looks to me like some 12 year old drew it in their notebook...


You must know some extremely artistic 12 year olds.
User avatar
Omegatron.
Micromaster
Posts: 64
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:19 pm
Location: England
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:11 am

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Omegatron. wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:I tried to polish this tu®d as best as I could...

...but it STILL looks to me like some 12 year old drew it in their notebook...


You must know some extremely artistic 12 year olds.


I had this mate, who was really talented. He could paint or sculpt anything at 12 years old. However, our school wouldn't let him study art or pottery at 6th form as he didn't have enough grades in other subjects. He was probably the best artist our school ever had.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby dragons » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:07 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Omegatron. wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:I tried to polish this tu®d as best as I could...

...but it STILL looks to me like some 12 year old drew it in their notebook...


You must know some extremely artistic 12 year olds.


I had this mate, who was really talented. He could paint or sculpt anything at 12 years old. However, our school wouldn't let him study art or pottery at 6th form as he didn't have enough grades in other subjects. He was probably the best artist our school ever had.


I know comic art is not for everyone but that was little low frank miller art for human faces have little smoothe edges when frank miller draws heads and faces they pointy edges on them pointy cheeks, eye sockets not round rounded off that you see in this comic here I don’t like series mostly art feel bad for artists who worked on it transformers cartoon series is not always perfect either from any series generation one and above transformers cartoon series had child like comedy bumble pulling pranks on everyone acting like hyper active little kid over dose on sugar and sorry was irritating at times
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2939
News Credits: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby ScottyP » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:45 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
It's supposed to look that way. Any comic where Ravage says "I offered you peace and you ran me over with your car", which later features things like Megatron being transported to the My Little Pony universe and battles between transforming planets, and then ends with a chapter adapting a movie that doesn't exist isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's fun, and it took me awhile to grasp that but if you're capable of just relaxing and taking in some creative absurdity, this is a fantastic tome that you should pick up ;)^
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4680
News Credits: 437
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Cobotron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:52 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
ScottyP wrote:It's supposed to look that way. Any comic where Ravage says "I offered you peace and you ran me over with your car", which later features things like Megatron being transported to the My Little Pony universe and battles between transforming planets, and then ends with a chapter adapting a movie that doesn't exist isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's fun, and it took me awhile to grasp that but if you're capable of just relaxing and taking in some creative absurdity, this is a fantastic tome that you should pick up ;)^
Can we get this, Scotty's quote, printed on the back of this edition please?! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9192
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby ScottyP » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Cobotron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:It's supposed to look that way. Any comic where Ravage says "I offered you peace and you ran me over with your car", which later features things like Megatron being transported to the My Little Pony universe and battles between transforming planets, and then ends with a chapter adapting a movie that doesn't exist isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's fun, and it took me awhile to grasp that but if you're capable of just relaxing and taking in some creative absurdity, this is a fantastic tome that you should pick up ;)^
Can we get this, Scotty's quote, printed on the back of this edition please?! ;)^
One day I'll get a review blurb printed on a comic, and it probably will be for something like this. Great insight into Lost Light's analysis of the human condition? Nah. Praise for Optimus Prime's deconstruction of the idealized Autobot command structure? Nope. I'll get something for providing a take on how to properly enjoy Fort Max literally consuming people for food :lol:
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4680
News Credits: 437
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Cobotron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
ScottyP wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:It's supposed to look that way. Any comic where Ravage says "I offered you peace and you ran me over with your car", which later features things like Megatron being transported to the My Little Pony universe and battles between transforming planets, and then ends with a chapter adapting a movie that doesn't exist isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's fun, and it took me awhile to grasp that but if you're capable of just relaxing and taking in some creative absurdity, this is a fantastic tome that you should pick up ;)^
Can we get this, Scotty's quote, printed on the back of this edition please?! ;)^
One day I'll get a review blurb printed on a comic, and it probably will be for something like this. Great insight into Lost Light's analysis of the human condition? Nah. Praise for Optimus Prime's deconstruction of the idealized Autobot command structure? Nope. I'll get something for providing a take on how to properly enjoy Fort Max literally consuming people for food :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Maybe you could work in a psych analysis on why JOE keep callig the Transformers GoBots too. 8-}
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9192
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
The thing is, the promotion for these comics didn't really sell it as a comedy. If the story was just that little bit more funny, and the drawings just a tad more childish (or something else to drive the point home), I suspect more people would have liked it. For example, I understood "Axe Cop", and seems to be what these comics were going for:

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHGfSBr2FrY

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_Cop

If it had more of the same feeling of a comedy as Robo Capers, Lil' Formers, heck, even the Legends comic, I would have been on board. The nearest I can see for the tone, is this NSFW/PEGI 18 (cartoon violence, swearing, etc) advert for "Blood Dragon":

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

If that's something like what these comics were going for, then I think the marketing should have been better and/or more could have been done to make the point clear that it was a pastiche. For example,fake, 80's style toy adverts, cut out and keep "presents" included, mini posters, writers' letters (Like the infamous, REALLY NSFW "Viz" comics from the UK), etc. They could also have included more retro effects, like slightly torn paper, coffee-cup rings, etc. If they printed it on that awful quality paper, that might have been great, too.

I would have been all over this comic if they had done that, but I only got the impression it was a serious, normal comic series, with a weak story, done in a retro way (badly) for no discernable reason.

Are those fair points? I've only ever encountered these comics via the TF websites (basically marketing), and I feel that the tone it aim of the comics never really got through to me at those points. If the comics themselves didn't really manage that either, then I will rest my case, but that's for those who've read them to discuss or decide.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The series did pretty much all of that, and people liked it.


I see you're still super fun.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17005
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Va'al wrote:The series did pretty much all of that, and people liked it.


I see you're still super fun.


Hi Va'al! Welcome back!

Where have you been?

I'm sure people liked it. However, isn't it fair to say many, if not most TF fans at the boards were either against, or indifferent to it? If so, I suspect more people, be including myself, would have been more on board if they knew the series was a parody, rather than a serious comic.

I loved Comic Capers, Lil Formers, Blood Dragon, Axe Cop and Viz. Have you ever encountered those? I'd go on more about them, but it might end up NSFW and/or off-topic.

Actually, just thinking about the extras that could have been in the ON topic comics; collectors cards. Imagine "cut out and keep" cards, similar to Garbage Pail Kids (which also had an ironic, retro feel to them, even through they were made around the same time as CPK). Cards like:

- Image

Or

- Image

I'm not referring to the actual style of art, but rather the comedy and retro-look the cards employed. The backs of the cards featured fake adverts for "joke" products and services, too. Might have been great to include in the comics?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Most TF fans on message boards are happy to be unhappy about most things that are discussed on message boards. So I wouldn't call it the fairest, or most representative sample of any readership.

We never said it wasn't a parody or spoof or just fun. All of our coverage (previews, reviews included) pointed that out. We were clearly not explicit enough.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17005
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Va'al wrote:Most TF fans on message boards are happy to be unhappy about most things that are discussed on message boards. So I wouldn't call it the fairest, or most representative sample of any readership.

We never said it wasn't a parody or spoof or just fun. All of our coverage (previews, reviews included) pointed that out. We were clearly not explicit enough.


I'm not having a pop at the site. All the TF sites simply showed the same comic previews. I'm talking about the stuff IDW sent to the sites. I wonder if they should have played up and made the theme/tone more clear?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17005
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Cheers, Va'al. Reading through the great links you gave, it doesn't seem to be parody, but rather it takes itself too seriously. The writer kept on saying that it was basically a comic in the style of role-playing as a kid playing with both TFs and GI-Joe figures. However, if you read "Axe Cop"(which is based on actual stories made by the writer's 5 year old brother/son), you might see what I was expecting.

I just can't see the appeal. If it's a serious story, then it's too strange, and the artwork looks cheap, and if it's a parody, it seems to be too serious or lack any irony in what I've seen.

Was this series popular, though? MASK, for example, wasn't, but what about this?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Cobotron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
primalxconvoy wrote:Was this series popular, though? MASK, for example, wasn't, but what about this?
No. Probably not. Judging by the majority of reactions here, I'd say no. But, I would also refer to Va'al's statement above about the internet, forums, and people on them.

I loved it, and know quite a lot of other people who did, that you wouldn't necessarily find here.
It is certainly an acquired taste.

But it has been released several times in different forms. So that must count for something.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9192
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Cobotron wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Was this series popular, though? MASK, for example, wasn't, but what about this?
No. Probably not. Judging by the majority of reactions here, I'd say no. But, I would also refer to Va'al's statement above about the internet, forums, and people on them.

I loved it, and know quite a lot of other people who did, that you wouldn't necessarily find here.
It is certainly an acquired taste.

But it has been released several times in different forms. So that must count for something.



Cheers. I hope though, that more "out of the box" series can continue though. The positive aspects of this comic, even for people who didn't like it, was that it was a separate continuity. That's definitely something to be appreciated.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby triKlops » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 am

Motto: "New England Transformers Collectors Group member"
primalxconvoy wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Was this series popular, though? MASK, for example, wasn't, but what about this?
No. Probably not. Judging by the majority of reactions here, I'd say no. But, I would also refer to Va'al's statement above about the internet, forums, and people on them.

I loved it, and know quite a lot of other people who did, that you wouldn't necessarily find here.
It is certainly an acquired taste.

But it has been released several times in different forms. So that must count for something.



Cheers. I hope though, that more "out of the box" series can continue though. The positive aspects of this comic, even for people who didn't like it, was that it was a separate continuity. That's definitely something to be appreciated.


While I wasn't a fan of the series, I did read them all and bought the TPBs.
An interesting take on the Joe/TF -verse but not something i would be looking forward to revisiting any time soon.

Kirby's work was great for his era and i appreciate the homage.
I just have no need to revisit this interpretation any time soon.
Respect for what Scioli was trying to accomplish though so, YMMV.
Image

Looking for Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock. Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
User avatar
triKlops
Godmaster
Posts: 1630
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 am

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
I couldn't sleep, and couldn't resist. Behold, my crude attempts at humour and Photoshop...COMBINED!

PicsArt_1517676198499.jpg


I'm so sorry. So very, very sorry...
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 927
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Ongoing Thread

Postby Daniel Adkins » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:Cheers, Va'al. Reading through the great links you gave, it doesn't seem to be parody, but rather it takes itself too seriously. The writer kept on saying that it was basically a comic in the style of role-playing as a kid playing with both TFs and GI-Joe figures.

Image
User avatar
Daniel Adkins
Fuzor
Posts: 231
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 pm
Location: North Carolina
Watch Daniel Adkins on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Mr Potato Head Marvel Dr Octopus Transformers Optimus Prime Mixable Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Real D 3D Glasses Bumblebee Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Advanced AD-11 Dispensor Takara TOMY Complete Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Lockdown Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Legion Class - Sideswipe - Optimus - Springload - Twinferno" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers " Soundblaster " w/ Buzzsaw Fall of Cybertron " NIB / Box T1" on EBAY