Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:11 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:But Optimus sent the Allapsrk to Earth. If he hadn't, Megatron probably would have never even known about Earth.
See my previous post right before this one. He did not send it to Earth, he sent it to the Alkaris Anomaly. The AllSpark went to Earth on its own, drawn there by The Fallen's Great Machine.


I know he didn't sent it to Earth on purpose. But if he hadn't jettisoned it off Cybertron, it never would have found its way to Earth in the first place.
If he hadn't jettisoned it, Megatron would have seized it and won in the end, and that's a BAD thing.


It definitely was The Fallen's fault initially, but Optimus still feels like it's his responsibility for involving the humans, I'm sure. That's my point.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4759
News Credits: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 am

In the end, I don't know if Prime deserves to be on here for his interpretation in the movies. All I know is I can watch this all day:



















If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26060
News Credits: 2695
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Postby Deadput » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:In the end, I don't know if Prime deserves to be on here for his interpretation in the movies. All I know is I can watch this all day:





And this here why I love the movies.



The movies have some great battle scenes and do what the T.V shows don't do most of the time which is killing both Bots and Cons in quite gruesome ways that only the IDW comics have come close to being.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4072
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:But Optimus sent the Allapsrk to Earth. If he hadn't, Megatron probably would have never even known about Earth.
See my previous post right before this one. He did not send it to Earth, he sent it to the Alkaris Anomaly. The AllSpark went to Earth on its own, drawn there by The Fallen's Great Machine.


I know he didn't sent it to Earth on purpose. But if he hadn't jettisoned it off Cybertron, it never would have found its way to Earth in the first place.
If he hadn't jettisoned it, Megatron would have seized it and won in the end, and that's a BAD thing.


It definitely was The Fallen's fault initially, but Optimus still feels like it's his responsibility for involving the humans, I'm sure. That's my point.
That's just the kind of person that most Optimuses are, putting all the burdens of themselves even when said burdens aren't directly their fault.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32500
News Credits: 321
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Optimus Prime chosen as one of the best Movie Characters of all time

Postby noctorro » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In the end, I don't know if Prime deserves to be on here for his interpretation in the movies. All I know is I can watch this all day:





And this here why I love the movies.



The movies have some great battle scenes and do what the T.V shows don't do most of the time which is killing both Bots and Cons in quite gruesome ways that only the IDW comics have come close to being.


Agreed with this + I somehow get a lot of joy from the minimal story and character development.
Or I just fantasize the missing parts. Or that I have a lot of knowledge about the characters from
previous Transformers incarnations. Anyway, I stopped bothering being bothered about the silly
humor at parts. The somewhat simple plotlines. And focus more on the good plotlines and great
action that is unique.

And of course a lot is all a matter of opinion. But I love the last 2 movies and the forrest
battle in ROTF was the greatest combat scene I have ever seen in my whole entire life.
Image
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
User avatar
noctorro
Pretender
Posts: 786
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
Twincast / Podcast #241:
"Toy Fair 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TOMY Transformers Legends LG39 Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Rodimus Cyclonus Battle In Space 2-Pack BRAND NEW MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Starscream & Waspinator, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Chop Shop, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Bombshell " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Astrotrain" on EBAY