Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby alanyap » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Railrazor is a twin brother to Astrotrain. It was known that both of them signed up for Shockwave's triple changer experiment to enhance their abilities in battle. However, sensing his benevolent spark slowly eroded by this experiment, he escaped Shockwave's lab but failed to save Astrotrain from the same fate , as his escape was quickly discovered by Shockwave. He lived as a fugitive ever since in the depths of Cybertron (and sometimes flew above radar detection as a space shuttle (with stealth mode activated).

Image

Image


Million of years later, after a long search, Railrazor arrived on Earth after sensing Astrotrain's presense here. However, he crash landed in Japan and assumed a bullet train mode. The partially completed triple changer experiment back in Cybertron prevented him from scanning a second earth-like mode to replace his Cybertronian shuttle mode.


Image

Image

Image

Trivia

This project /Transformer remained nameless for 2 months before I decided on "Railrazor".
It's my habit to build the robot head last, so I was worried how I can cram in the head with my current design. Thanks to google I discovered something called pantograpth. :)
The weaponized train mode for the middle segment was incidental. There were some hollowed space inside the train. While not cram in a few weapons inside to be flipped out, I'd thought. :)
The final color scheme was undecided until I referred to my available hinged bricks.I have much more blue and black of these hinged bricks compared to other color.
I blew 2 balljoint socket bricks from constant test-transforming him between modes. RIP dear bricks.
The wheels used here are "faux" train wheels made from 2x2 round plates with axle hole. They're not compatible with LEGO train tracks obviously.


Image

Image

Image


Thanks for viewing guys. If you wanna see more photos especially the transformation steps, do pay a visit to my blog below:

http://alanyuppie.blogspot.my/2016/10/l ... -2-of.html






Railrazor is a twin brother to Astrotrain. It was known that both of them signed up for Shockwave's triple changer experiment to enhance their abilities in battle. However, sensing his benevolent spark slowly eroded by this experiment, he escaped Shockwave's lab but failed to save Astrotrain from the same fate , as his escape was quickly discovered by Shockwave. He lived as a fugitive ever since in the depths of Cybertron (and sometimes flew above radar detection as a space shuttle (with stealth mode activated).

Image

Image


Million of years later, after a long search, Railrazor arrived on Earth after sensing Astrotrain's presense here. However, he crash landed in Japan and assumed a bullet train mode. The partially completed triple changer experiment back in Cybertron prevented him from scanning a second earth-like mode to replace his Cybertronian shuttle mode.


Image

Image

Image

Trivia

This project /Transformer remained nameless for 2 months before I decided on "Railrazor".
It's my habit to build the robot head last, so I was worried how I can cram in the head with my current design. Thanks to google I discovered something called pantograpth. :)
The weaponized train mode for the middle segment was incidental. There were some hollowed space inside the train. While not cram in a few weapons inside to be flipped out, I'd thought. :)
The final color scheme was undecided until I referred to my available hinged bricks.I have much more blue and black of these hinged bricks compared to other color.
I blew 2 balljoint socket bricks from constant test-transforming him between modes. RIP dear bricks.
The wheels used here are "faux" train wheels made from 2x2 round plates with axle hole. They're not compatible with LEGO train tracks obviously.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for viewing guys. If you wanna see more photos especially the transformation steps, do pay a visit to my blog below:

http://alanyuppie.blogspot.my/2016/10/l ... -2-of.html
Image
alanyap
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby Glarryg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:17 am

Motto: "Perception is reality, so start paying closer attention."
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Geez, dude, from a full combiner team to a triple-changer that becomes an entire train? When will it end? And seriously, where were you when they were designing Kre-o?

:BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Glarryg
Dude, seriously.
User avatar
Glarryg
Combiner
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:52 am
Location: OH, MAN
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby SillyMcGilly » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Motto: "My stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and betterment."
Weapon: Flame-Thrower
For the love of Primus! THIS IS INCREDIBLE! :shock: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: ;)^
User avatar
SillyMcGilly
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5469
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: The NoiseMAYS. (OXICLEAN!)
Watch SillyMcGilly on YouTube
Alt Mode: The most ridiculous thing ever.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby alanyap » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Glarryg wrote:Geez, dude, from a full combiner team to a triple-changer that becomes an entire train? When will it end? And seriously, where were you when they were designing Kre-o?

:BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Glarryg



Its definitely not gonna end especially when it comes to triple changers and combiners :)

My to-build list is growing each month . If only I have the time to tackle em all.

Every time something official pops out (like Titans Astrotrain)... it spurred to me make something similar using LEGO . I think I'm gonna attempt a Broadside soon after feeling dissapointed seeing the recently revealed Titans version . He deserved a decent plane mode on top (not pun intended) of his aircraft carrier mode. Same like how I felt (hasbro) Astrotrain deserved a realistic looking train mode.
Image
alanyap
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby SillyMcGilly » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Motto: "My stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and betterment."
Weapon: Flame-Thrower
alanyap wrote:
Every time something official pops out (like Titans Astrotrain)... it spurred to me make something similar using LEGO . I think I'm gonna attempt a Broadside soon after feeling dissapointed seeing the recently revealed Titans version . He deserved a decent plane mode on top (not pun intended) of his aircraft carrier mode. Same like how I felt (hasbro) Astrotrain deserved a realistic looking train mode.


I hope some 3rd party company comes out with an upgrade kit for his train mode like some did for CW OP.

By the way, have you made Bumblebee yet? Or maybe Megatron?
User avatar
SillyMcGilly
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5469
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: The NoiseMAYS. (OXICLEAN!)
Watch SillyMcGilly on YouTube
Alt Mode: The most ridiculous thing ever.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby alanyap » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
alanyap wrote:
Every time something official pops out (like Titans Astrotrain)... it spurred to me make something similar using LEGO . I think I'm gonna attempt a Broadside soon after feeling dissapointed seeing the recently revealed Titans version . He deserved a decent plane mode on top (not pun intended) of his aircraft carrier mode. Same like how I felt (hasbro) Astrotrain deserved a realistic looking train mode.


I hope some 3rd party company comes out with an upgrade kit for his train mode like some did for CW OP.

By the way, have you made Bumblebee yet? Or maybe Megatron?


Nope and nope. I think Bee (along with Prime) had been done to death by many (LEGO) builders out there, with good results too. I might attempt Megatron one day :)
Image
alanyap
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Postby SillyMcGilly » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Motto: "My stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and betterment."
Weapon: Flame-Thrower
alanyap wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
alanyap wrote:
Every time something official pops out (like Titans Astrotrain)... it spurred to me make something similar using LEGO . I think I'm gonna attempt a Broadside soon after feeling dissapointed seeing the recently revealed Titans version . He deserved a decent plane mode on top (not pun intended) of his aircraft carrier mode. Same like how I felt (hasbro) Astrotrain deserved a realistic looking train mode.


I hope some 3rd party company comes out with an upgrade kit for his train mode like some did for CW OP.

By the way, have you made Bumblebee yet? Or maybe Megatron?


Nope and nope. I think Bee (along with Prime) had been done to death by many (LEGO) builders out there, with good results too. I might attempt Megatron one day :)


So true. :lol:

Maybe you could try the Autobot Headmasters. Highbrow in particular would be awesome.
User avatar
SillyMcGilly
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5469
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: The NoiseMAYS. (OXICLEAN!)
Watch SillyMcGilly on YouTube
Alt Mode: The most ridiculous thing ever.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7


Return to Customizations

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon