Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Emerje » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:58 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Yeah, no issues for me either (I used a Red Card as well). Wouldn't put a ton of faith in their release dates. I'm still waiting for Cyberverse Arcee and Thunderhowl after approving 4 or 5 delays, currently the arrival is expected between March 5 and May 1. :lol:

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5487
News Credits: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Emerje wrote:Yeah, no issues for me either (I used a Red Card as well). Wouldn't put a ton of faith in their release dates. I'm still waiting for Cyberverse Arcee and Thunderhowl after approving 4 or 5 delays, currently the arrival is expected between March 5 and May 1. :lol:

Emerje

That would truly be shocking, since Arcee isn't due out until fall and thunderhowl in November-ish.

It's also interesting that this happened on a Sunday, weird.

Still hoping Scrapper and Sentinel ship soon. i have plans for those 2, and with the money saved, I really hope this Target stuff works out/
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19018
News Credits: 1533
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Emerje » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Yeah, no issues for me either (I used a Red Card as well). Wouldn't put a ton of faith in their release dates. I'm still waiting for Cyberverse Arcee and Thunderhowl after approving 4 or 5 delays, currently the arrival is expected between March 5 and May 1. :lol:

Emerje

That would truly be shocking, since Arcee isn't due out until fall and thunderhowl in November-ish.

Then I guess I'll be hitting that approval button a lot this year, I've been doing it since the start of March and just did one this past week.

targetbackorder.JPG

Like I said, don't put faith in those Target release dates.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5487
News Credits: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby triKlops » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:56 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
15% off sitewide- Dallas Vintage Toys
https://www.dallasvintagetoys.com/toys.aspx

Got a couple good deals for myself; thought others could use a heads-up for the discount! ;)^
Image

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
User avatar
triKlops
Godmaster
Posts: 1748
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am
Location: Rhode Island X 401

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
triKlops wrote:15% off sitewide- Dallas Vintage Toys
https://www.dallasvintagetoys.com/toys.aspx

Got a couple good deals for myself; thought others could use a heads-up for the discount! ;)^


The prices on some are still on the high side even with the discount for my tastes. At least I got the address, so I can visit it when everything quiets down. 2nd store in my local area too.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17843
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:44 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
G1 Optimus Prime Furai model kit is currently $13.59 over at Gamestop

Image

The real question is whether or not Gamestop will still be open by the time it comes in-stock :twisted: :lol:
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9517
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Alpha Weltall » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:45 am

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I just go an email from Target saying they had to cancel my Cyberverse deluxe order. I had preordered Thunderhowl, Arcee, Hot Rod and Grimlock during the buy one get one half off sale and like others, have been approving delays for a month or so. There wasn't an explanation as to why it was cancelled other than "an unforseen issue". I just hope everything doesn't get cancelled. I preordered a bunch of stuff and it would be a shame to lose the discounts.

It just sucks that you think you have the order locked in and you don't worry about looking elsewhere, ignoring sales and whatnot, only to have your orders cancelled. Luckily it's still early enough to not have to deal with artificially inflated prices on the aftermarket. Two of the figures aren't even out yet nor will they be for a while apparently. The other two haven't hit full distribution yet.
Alpha Weltall
Vehicon
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:44 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:49 am

Alpha Weltall wrote:I just go an email from Target saying they had to cancel my Cyberverse deluxe order. I had preordered Thunderhowl, Arcee, Hot Rod and Grimlock during the buy one get one half off sale and like others, have been approving delays for a month or so. There wasn't an explanation as to why it was cancelled other than "an unforseen issue". I just hope everything doesn't get cancelled. I preordered a bunch of stuff and it would be a shame to lose the discounts.

It just sucks that you think you have the order locked in and you don't worry about looking elsewhere, ignoring sales and whatnot, only to have your orders cancelled. Luckily it's still early enough to not have to deal with artificially inflated prices on the aftermarket. Two of the figures aren't even out yet nor will they be for a while apparently. The other two haven't hit full distribution yet.


Yeah, some of the same happened last year as well with Target. I've been lucky so far, in that I haven't had to re-confirm anything yet. I did hedge my bets on a couple figures, like locking down SS Overload on Amazon for the $30 mistake price that Target had back when they were first revealed. Otherwise it is cross my fingers and be ready to move onto another retailer if anything gets cancelled.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
Posts: 2002
News Credits: 26
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
carytheone wrote:G1 Optimus Prime Furai model kit is currently $13.59 over at Gamestop

Damn that cheap, unless that is a mistake.

I too ordered Overload from both Target and Amazon to make sure I got him at a reduced price. I might keep both as well should Target come though
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19018
News Credits: 1533
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:G1 Optimus Prime Furai model kit is currently $13.59 over at Gamestop
Damn that cheap, unless that is a mistake.
It's definitely a mistake, their other kits are the usual price. I locked one down, we'll see if they stay open long enough to come through. EDIT: they are running a 20% off all collectibles.

I haven't heard a peep from Target on the two ER voyagers I have on the orders of pre. We'll see how that pricing error pans out as well.
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9517
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:42 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
For those of you who are interested, Seibertronian WonkoTheSane has given us a heads up on a great deal at Gamestop's website. Their listing for the G1 Optimus Prime model kit is available to preorder for only $16.99, which is a savings of nearly 60% off the usual $40 MSRP of these figures. For those of you unfamiliar with Flame Toys figures, they're officially licensed model kits that you assemble yourself. They're highly poseable, and in general, tend to be more stylized than you'll find with regular transforming toys. Click the link above, or any of the pictures below to be taken to the preorder page.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Bounti76
News Staff
Posts: 1183
News Credits: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount

Postby carytheone » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:03 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Bounti76 wrote:For those of you who are interested, Seibertronian WonkoTheSane has given us a heads up on a great deal at Gamestop's website. Their listing for the G1 Optimus Prime model kit is available to preorder for only $16.99, which is a savings of nearly 60% off the usual $40 MSRP of these figures. For those of you unfamiliar with Flame Toys figures, they're officially licensed model kits that you assemble yourself. They're highly poseable, and in general, tend to be more stylized than you'll find with regular transforming toys. Click the link above, or any of the pictures below to be taken to the preorder page.
A week ago it was also 20% off as well. :lol:
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9517
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby -WonkoTheSane- » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Motto: "Per Aspera Ad Astra"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It's now claiming it's no longer available online. Maybe Gamestop finally caught it, Or something. I dunno.
Image
User avatar
-WonkoTheSane-
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:03 am
Location: In An Octopus’s Garden, With You.
Alt Mode: Su-47 Berkut
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Rodimus Knight » Fri May 01, 2020 9:35 am

WonkoTheSane42 wrote:It's now claiming it's no longer available online. Maybe Gamestop finally caught it, Or something. I dunno.


Perhaps it sold out, but you're probably right they caught it. I wonder if we'll see a wave of cancellations.
Rodimus Knight
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Rodimus Knight wrote:
WonkoTheSane42 wrote:It's now claiming it's no longer available online. Maybe Gamestop finally caught it, Or something. I dunno.
Perhaps it sold out, but you're probably right they caught it. I wonder if we'll see a wave of cancellations.
I do a decent amount of shopping and purchasing from GS and that's their normal out of stock status. The price hasn't changed, but who knows with the **** show that is gamestop :-?

If my order gets cancelled, I'll report here.

EDIT: Still seems on, but they price is now showing the "standard retail" and I ordered it at 20% off. I ordered it with something else and my total hasn't changed... yet.

Dat order status.jpg

Gamestop is a garbage company and I fully expect them to screw me or go out of business before this order is fulfilled.
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9517
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby emlit » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
BBTS has a killer discount going for a pre-order of Generation Toy GT-99 ReBuilder. $360.00 off $629.99 MSRP plus a bonus drill set. Here’s the link:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=
Image
User avatar
emlit
Minibot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
emlit wrote:BBTS has a killer discount going for a pre-order of Generation Toy GT-99 ReBuilder. $360.00 off $629.99 MSRP plus a bonus drill set. Here’s the link:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=
This site doesn't advertise unofficial third party products in its official product sections.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33119
News Credits: 331
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:50 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Just found Earthrise Leader Doubledealer on Amazon for $42.49 USD. (15% off) Prime Day deal pre-order:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQ ... UTF8&psc=1

Studio Series Blitzwing $26.86

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Stu ... BB5DBXHKGZ

Also last years Siege Autobot Alphastrike set spiked on the secondary market is seemingly back at normal retail price for the moment:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... 444KPW7X2Z
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3767
News Credits: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers SIEGE RUNG BATTLEMASTER War for Cybertron MOSC Targetmaster WFC-S45" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Energon Hot Shot Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Firedrive  PRIME Knockout Tailgate Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron MOCOM HOT SHOT LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E14 RUNG Battle Masters NEW IN HAND! SHIPS FAST!" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 New" on EBAY
Buy "1985 Hasbro Transformers G1 Omega Supreme Rocket & Rocket W/Claw To Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Mint United Road Master Prime Combat Transformers" on EBAY