The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I hate to beat the same old drum...So I'll try to approach it differently. If I had one wish, it would be that when I walk in my local comic shop on 12/27/17 (The Last Wednesday of the Year), that:

TF vs Visionaries #1
Transformers TAAO Annual
Optimus Prime #14 and
The Lost Light #13

will have been released, and all publications are current and no longer behind. I know this requires a month where 2 issues of OP & LL will have to be released, but its not entirely unprecedented. Otherwise IDW just needs to do like what they did with TAAO last year, and retroactively just state they are a month behind, and adjust any solicitations accordingly.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1766
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ScottyP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:I hate to beat the same old drum...So I'll try to approach it differently. If I had one wish, it would be that when I walk in my local comic shop on 12/27/17 (The Last Wednesday of the Year), that:

TF vs Visionaries #1
Transformers TAAO Annual
Optimus Prime #14 and
The Lost Light #13

will have been released, and all publications are current and no longer behind. I know this requires a month where 2 issues of OP & LL will have to be released, but its not entirely unprecedented. Otherwise IDW just needs to do like what they did with TAAO last year, and retroactively just state they are a month behind, and adjust any solicitations accordingly.
OP 13 is, as of now (could change), set for 11/22. This would have it caught up. I have no hope of Lost Light 13 showing up by year's end. We'll be lucky if 12 is out by then.
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ScottyP » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Working on figuring out a Hasbro U "phase 1" reading order, which is my own shorthand term for "Stuff published in 2016 and 2017 up to and including First Strike and the related tie ins." I don't think a purely linear representation works, there's a great deal going on in parallel.

I could use some help on Wrath of Karza's placement with respect to Optimus Prime. I have it after Revolutionaries 2 and the first Joe and MASK arcs, what's the consensus on if it's after OP 6 or in the time gap in between Revolution and OP 1?

Also, apparently the X-Files stuff is not part of the HoS/Infestation 2 retcon because it exists in a self-canceling time loop.
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Nik Hero » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
It's right before OP1. John said so on Reddit.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at http://amzn.to/2bITqfb
User avatar
Nik Hero
Vehicon
Posts: 351
News Credits: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Watch Nik Hero on YouTube
Buy from Nik Hero on eBay
Alt Mode: A jet
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ScottyP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Nik Hero wrote:It's right before OP1. John said so on Reddit.
Thanks! I remembered him answering this but was looking on Twitter for it >< Sheesh. I was even the one that asked the question on Reddit!
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby o.supreme » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
So, ever since I discovered the "chronological" reading order for the single issues as maintained on Wikipedia's IDW Transformers page, I've noticed patterns...

I reported last year that the Titans Return one shot was (for lack of a better term) the 300th overall issue of the IDW Trasformers series (though because of retcons , and stories being told in TF history it now stands at #313)

Now it appears that the Optimus Prime Annual due out in February 2018 will be issue #400 (though this incorporates TF vs Visionaries in which issues 4 & 5 will not come until the next 2 months after the annual's supposed release date).

Still it's kind of cool for fans like myself who appreciate such milestone markers, even if the series itself overall is not my cup of tea, it's longevity is to be commended.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1766
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Nik Hero » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
o.supreme wrote:So, ever since I discovered the "chronological" reading order for the single issues as maintained on Wikipedia's IDW Transformers page, I've noticed patterns...

I reported last year that the Titans Return one shot was (for lack of a better term) the 300th overall issue of the IDW Trasformers series (though because of retcons , and stories being told in TF history it now stands at #313)

Now it appears that the Optimus Prime Annual due out in February 2018 will be issue #400 (though this incorporates TF vs Visionaries in which issues 4 & 5 will not come until the next 2 months after the annual's supposed release date).

Still it's kind of cool for fans like myself who appreciate such milestone markers, even if the series itself overall is not my cup of tea, it's longevity is to be commended.


What's the URL of that list?
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at http://amzn.to/2bITqfb
User avatar
Nik Hero
Vehicon
Posts: 351
News Credits: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Watch Nik Hero on YouTube
Buy from Nik Hero on eBay
Alt Mode: A jet
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:24 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1766
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Energon Prowl - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 50 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-04 Optimus Prime Takara Tomy MPM-4 - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Armada Wheeljack - Time Remaining: 22 days 4 hours 55 minutes 1 second
Transformers Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 56 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Smokescreen DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 56 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Bulkhead DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 57 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Lazerback DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 57 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Bumblebee DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 58 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017