Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:16 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the cw one every time. The original is a dumb lump and I wouldn't get it even if it was free =;

Haha, now thats a bold stance. Though I am curious of something, do you own G1 skylynx? I am now wondering if those who say the CW one is a better toy actually own both.
And I dont get the lump part, they have the same proportions and a similar articulation (I think the G1 version might have more due to the tail). The only part that kinda sucks about the G1 version is how the sauropod neck starts earlier than the rest of the body.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22385
News Credits: 1900
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:20 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the cw one every time. The original is a dumb lump and I wouldn't get it even if it was free =;

Haha, now thats a bold stance. Though I am curious of something, do you own G1 skylynx? I am now wondering if those who say the CW one is a better toy actually own both.
And I dont get the lump part, they have the same proportions and a similar articulation (I think the G1 version might have more due to the tail). The only part that kinda sucks about the G1 version is how the sauropod neck starts earlier than the rest of the body.

No, nor have I ever wanted one. It never appealed to me. The cw one though, is so much sleeker and poseable, it really helps sell itself a dragon, but I really like the torso mode - that's what I cared about most. As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6788
News Credits: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22385
News Credits: 1900
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6788
News Credits: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22385
News Credits: 1900
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Black Hat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am

Motto: "Like a silver arrow I spear through the sky, my prose as purple as plums!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.

Are the legs "fully" poseable or does the walking gimmick limit them at all? He looks like a seriously cool toy.
User avatar
Black Hat
Faction Commander
Posts: 4482
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: English Electric Lightning
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
G1 Megatron (first TF I had since 84!) isn't very good (it broke in early 85...), MP must really be terribad.

G1 Jetfire would be on my list. Not that either CHUG is bad, but the original is just so frickin sweet.
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1719
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Optimum Supreme wrote:G1 Megatron (first TF I had since 84!) isn't very good (it broke in early 85...), MP must really be terribad.

Oh, rest assured, it is.

I found an old thread on the site that talks about it

why-is-masterpiece-megatron-so-worthless-t90768s10.php#p1439045
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22385
News Credits: 1900
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:16 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Optimum Supreme wrote:G1 Jetfire would be on my list. Not that either CHUG is bad, but the original is just so frickin sweet.


It IS a Macross figure afterall.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8230
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:04 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.



THIS.

It's simply, without question, light years in front of the recent version. That's not because I'm a G1 (toy) fanatic, rather it's because there hasn't been a certain to improve upon the features and engineering of the original. Classics OP was a step up from the G1 toy; it had better articulation, you couldn't Lise the fists and I think it was bigger. Possibly, one criticism was that it didn't come with his trailer and Roller, but apart from that, it was an almost universally accepted update to OP.

CW Skylynx, arguably like some of the recent Titans Return figures, adds extra features, but removes the original ones. This isn't an "update" for me, as it has less for me than the original. However, Skylinx sinks further due to the lack of articulation and the floppy, unsupportive limbs.

There can be no doubt that the original is simply the best official version out now. However, I really hope an updated version comes out that does improve upon the original.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 925
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
Twincast / Podcast #207:
"Through The Fargate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars BLAST OFF Complete w Rf-021 Space Rocketeer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Vector Prime Voyager Incomplete RARE Japan Galaxy Force" on EBAY
Buy "Large Lot of Transformers Parts and Pieces 2000s Era Cybertron Primus Omega Lock" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Botcon Souviner Set 1 Knight Apelinq Flareup Alpha Trizer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BRUTICUS 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Universal Studios 16” Plush Toy Autobot Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE ROBOT HEROES KICKBACK hardcopy hard copy prototype" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Botcon Souviner Set 1 Knight Apelinq Flareup Alpha Trizer" on EBAY