This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Spider5800 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:09 am

TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:There is no series in the history of cinema with a worse sense of continuity than the Highlander franchise.


Ha, so true. That's kind of necessary though, there's basically no sequels unless you ignore the ending of the first movie. Never mind whatever the hell Highlander 2 was.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
User avatar
Spider5800
Vehicon
Posts: 320
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:39 am

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:11 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:There is no series in the history of cinema with a worse sense of continuity than the Highlander franchise.


I legit think this one has it beat.

Spider5800 wrote:The way they've marketed these, I think they're only setting these up as prequels to the first three films and ignoring AoE and TLK entirely. Kind of like how the Halloween movies basically ignored the films everyone hated and made sequels that were essentially reboots of the continuity.

And honestly? I can't blame them. I doubt the greater movie going public liked or even remembered those last two Bay films.

So with that in mind, I wouldn't count on anything we learned about Unicron in TLK to matter. Could still be Earth, could be a whole other thing, but I doubt anything we learned in later movies will be referenced here.


This is what I think as well and how I am seeing this film.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 32671
News Credits: 4545
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 11, 2023 11:03 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have our most comprehensive interview yet with Transformers Rise of the Beasts' director Steven Caple Jr. While it reinforces many elements which fans have expressed disliking, like the push for diversity, rap culture, Michael Bay helping with the film and ensuring the preservation of the Bayverse, it does give us something very refreshing compared to all other Transformers films: a focus on the robots as characters the audience can truly care about. While we did have that with Bumblebee, that film was centered around the nostalgic concept of a human befriending an alien creature (who could not talk), learning about our world. This film instead is about teams of robots, each made up of distinct characters, with their own personalities and reasons for acting as they do.

Here is the blurb concerning what the director hopes to accomplish with this film and you can read the entire interview from the Hollywood Reporter here.

I hope it’s not a cheesy answer, but I want people to be able to connect with the new Transformers that we’re creating. Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film. But, if anything, I just really want people to be able to emotionally connect with the Transformers that you know and the new [Transformers] that we’re bringing to the table. I’m not here to just create robots for you to say, “Yeah, that was cool. That was fun.” I want you to be like, “I really truly care about [Optimus] Primal. I really truly care about Airazor and these other characters,” because this is the foundation for what I would love the franchise to be going forward. And a lot of the stuff in this film is a huge setup for where the franchise can go, so I’m excited for people to check that out.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 32671
News Credits: 4545
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 11, 2023 11:20 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
william-james88 wrote:We have our most comprehensive interview yet with Transformers Rise of the Beasts' director Steven Caple Jr. While it reinforces many elements which fans have expressed disliking, like the push for diversity, rap culture, Michael Bay helping with the film and ensuring the preservation of the Bayverse, it does give us something very refreshing compared to all other Transformers films: a focus on the robots as characters the audience can truly care about. While we did have that with Bumblebee, that film was centered around the nostalgic concept of a human befriending an alien creature (who could not talk), learning about our world. This film instead is about teams of robots, each made up of distinct characters, with their own personalities and reasons for acting as they do.

Here is the blurb concerning what the director hopes to accomplish with this film and you can read the entire interview from the Hollywood Reporter here.

I hope it’s not a cheesy answer, but I want people to be able to connect with the new Transformers that we’re creating. Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film. But, if anything, I just really want people to be able to emotionally connect with the Transformers that you know and the new [Transformers] that we’re bringing to the table. I’m not here to just create robots for you to say, “Yeah, that was cool. That was fun.” I want you to be like, “I really truly care about [Optimus] Primal. I really truly care about Airazor and these other characters,” because this is the foundation for what I would love the franchise to be going forward. And a lot of the stuff in this film is a huge setup for where the franchise can go, so I’m excited for people to check that out.


Wait what? Transformer character development? Want the connection? Holy crap!
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.


Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...


Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Posts: 4626
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 11, 2023 11:36 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
By the way, while I really want this film to succeed, and I think it's doing everything right with the marketing, I truly think the Flash will wipe the floor with TF ROTB.

I think the Flash will be a juggernaut, an event type movie, and suck up all the hype or good word of mouth ROTB may have.

We'll see what happens but this is my prediction. ROTB will have a strong opening week and then a massive drop (like over 60%) for the following week and then just keep dropping and having little stay factor in cinemas, being pushed to digital quickly to recoup costs there.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 32671
News Credits: 4545
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:By the way, while I really want this film to succeed, and I think it's doing everything right with the marketing, I truly think the Flash will wipe the floor with TF ROTB.

I think the Flash will be a juggernaut, an event type movie, and suck up all the hype or good word of mouth ROTB may have.

We'll see what happens but this is my prediction. ROTB will have a strong opening week and then a massive drop (like over 60%) for the following week and then just keep dropping and having little stay factor in cinemas, being pushed to digital quickly to recoup costs there.

Sadly, you're probably right. Though at least this (and GotG3) would be the only movies I'd probably see currently.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 14116
News Credits: 1350
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 11, 2023 12:05 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:By the way, while I really want this film to succeed, and I think it's doing everything right with the marketing, I truly think the Flash will wipe the floor with TF ROTB.

I think the Flash will be a juggernaut, an event type movie, and suck up all the hype or good word of mouth ROTB may have.

We'll see what happens but this is my prediction. ROTB will have a strong opening week and then a massive drop (like over 60%) for the following week and then just keep dropping and having little stay factor in cinemas, being pushed to digital quickly to recoup costs there.

Sadly, you're probably right. Though at least this (and GotG3) would be the only movies I'd probably see currently.


With a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, I'll probably be at the movies all through the coming weeks. We've got Little Mermaid, ROTB, The Flash, Elemental and Indiana Jones. All films I'm planning on watching. It's really packed, the films sudios should have left room for these movies to breathe.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 32671
News Credits: 4545
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby DeathReviews » Thu May 11, 2023 12:19 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
They won't get us to 'care' about the Transformers if they give them the usual Bayverse grossly exaggerated stereotype treatments. We shall see.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
User avatar
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
Posts: 1499
News Credits: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 am
Location: Everywhere
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 11, 2023 12:23 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
DeathReviews wrote:They won't get me to 'care' about the Transformers if they give me the usual Bayverse grossly exaggerated stereotype treatments. We shall see.


Fixed your post for you.

I doubt we'll see those stereotypes with the new director. We didn't with the last movie.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.


Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...


Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Posts: 4626
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu May 11, 2023 12:57 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:By the way, while I really want this film to succeed, and I think it's doing everything right with the marketing, I truly think the Flash will wipe the floor with TF ROTB.

I think the Flash will be a juggernaut, an event type movie, and suck up all the hype or good word of mouth ROTB may have.

We'll see what happens but this is my prediction. ROTB will have a strong opening week and then a massive drop (like over 60%) for the following week and then just keep dropping and having little stay factor in cinemas, being pushed to digital quickly to recoup costs there.

Sadly, you're probably right. Though at least this (and GotG3) would be the only movies I'd probably see currently.


With a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, I'll probably be at the movies all through the coming weeks. We've got Little Mermaid, ROTB, The Flash, Elemental and Indiana Jones. All films I'm planning on watching. It's really packed, the films sudios should have left room for these movies to breathe.

Forgot about half those movies to be fair, but yeah I've got no desire to see them (despite Keaton being my favourite movie batman, if the film had been only him or him in a batman beyond esque flick, I'd seen it in a heart beat). Only film my kids wanted to see recently was super mario. Oh and the oldest wants to see RotB
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 14116
News Credits: 1350
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 11, 2023 12:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
First-Aid wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:They won't get me to 'care' about the Transformers if they give me the usual Bayverse grossly exaggerated stereotype treatments. We shall see.


Fixed your post for you.

I doubt we'll see those stereotypes with the new director. We didn't with the last movie.
Many has expressed disdain for Wheeljack's design being an Urkel-derived stereotype.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 39027
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Spider5800 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:08 pm

I think RotB may have a chance just because the DC movies have been...lets say polarizing, for a while. Michael Keaton's Batman is a big draw, absolutely, but this is still really a Snyder universe movie, and those have been a mixed bag, at best, at the box office. Doesn't help that Ezra Miller has single handedly done everything he can to generate bad press for Flash, despite playing the title character.

It may still be successful, but I doubt it's going to be event movie successful.

That said, I'm more worried that this is going to end up like Bumblebee, where everyone who actually watches it agrees it was a pretty good film, but it also ends up kind of bombing because most people associate "Transformers movie" with "garbage" and avoid it.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
User avatar
Spider5800
Vehicon
Posts: 320
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:39 am

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 11, 2023 1:08 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:They won't get me to 'care' about the Transformers if they give me the usual Bayverse grossly exaggerated stereotype treatments. We shall see.


Fixed your post for you.

I doubt we'll see those stereotypes with the new director. We didn't with the last movie.
Many has expressed disdain for Wheeljack's design being an Urkel-derived stereotype.


True. My thought is this: these bots can change their form at will. Why not the ability to change their appearances too? People get plastic surgery, tattoos/piercings, change hair colors, get new glasses, new clothing, etc. WHy not artificial life forms too? DO they have to have a reason? Maybe Wheeljack arrived to Earth, saw Urkel and enjoyed the show and decided to change his look up. We're so used to these guys looking the same over and over (which is part of my current complaints with the Generations line as they continue to recycle the same characters over and over but don't vary the designs) that when something gets changed up, it's startling. It's kind of like cosplaying but with the ability to physically alter the structure of your body.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.


Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...


Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Posts: 4626
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 11, 2023 1:12 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
First-Aid wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:They won't get me to 'care' about the Transformers if they give me the usual Bayverse grossly exaggerated stereotype treatments. We shall see.


Fixed your post for you.

I doubt we'll see those stereotypes with the new director. We didn't with the last movie.
Many has expressed disdain for Wheeljack's design being an Urkel-derived stereotype.


True. My thought is this: these bots can change their form at will. Why not the ability to change their appearances too? People get plastic surgery, tattoos/piercings, change hair colors, get new glasses, new clothing, etc. WHy not artificial life forms too? DO they have to have a reason? Maybe Wheeljack arrived to Earth, saw Urkel and enjoyed the show and decided to change his look up. We're so used to these guys looking the same over and over (which is part of my current complaints with the Generations line as they continue to recycle the same characters over and over but don't vary the designs) that when something gets changed up, it's startling. It's kind of like cosplaying but with the ability to physically alter the structure of your body.
Can he also change his age? 'Cause he's gone from being a grownup in Bumblebee to a youngster in this movie.

Unless we're supposed to take that as a sign that this is a different Wheeljack and there are actually two 'bots with that name in the movies.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 39027
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby alphatron10 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:47 pm

This sucks. I want to be excited for this movie. Who in charge is saying that they can't say reboot? This is a reboot whether you like it or not. And for how so many people trash on the "Scourge is Bay Prime" theory, wouldn't you rather that than them try to shoehorn this into being the same universe? It seems like an incredibly stupid route to go if they wanna say this is a prequel.
alphatron10
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 am

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby bluecatcinema » Thu May 11, 2023 1:59 pm

Didn't Starscream and Megatron change their bodies during the first IDW comics run? Starscream had a whole room full of possible bodies, as I recall.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
Posts: 668
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:06 am

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby griftimus prime » Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i thought the most important thing was making it clear to people that this movie is a black and latino story?
User avatar
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby 84everfan » Thu May 11, 2023 2:40 pm

Well if there's no continuity it's not the same universe is it?
Not that hard to manage.
84everfan
Micromaster
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 11, 2023 4:41 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I'm suprised to see many people arguing about continuity.
The aproach could be seens to be reference what people liked(the 2007 movie for example) and ignoring some of the parts that are more specific to a individual film(like The Last Knight retcons).

It's like how the original Marvel comics, the cartoon and the toy bios didn't always match, but are still considered the same franchise.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Gestalt
Posts: 2498
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu May 11, 2023 5:21 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
griftimus prime wrote:i thought the most important thing was making it clear to people that this movie is a black and latino story?
To the director and writers it is. Transformers are secondary. Hence my disappointment but not surprise.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14680
News Credits: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby 84everfan » Thu May 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film.
[/quote]

The **** is that supposed to mean? Dumbass.
84everfan
Micromaster
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 11, 2023 8:24 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
84everfan wrote:
Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film.


The **** is that supposed to mean? Dumbass.


This is just corporate word-salad from someone who clearly either don't pay attention nor care about what they're making.

Any Transformers fans, either hardcore or casual, can see that the Transformers were very "human" if not, completely "human" since Day One.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Image

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!


.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18018
News Credits: 97
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 11, 2023 9:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:
84everfan wrote:
Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film.


The **** is that supposed to mean? Dumbass.


This is just corporate word-salad from someone who clearly either don't pay attention nor care about what they're making.

Any Transformers fans, either hardcore or casual, can see that the Transformers were very "human" if not, completely "human" since Day One.
Read the quote again. It's not talking about the movie's robot characters.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 39027
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 11, 2023 10:21 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
84everfan wrote:
Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film.


The **** is that supposed to mean? Dumbass.


This is just corporate word-salad from someone who clearly either don't pay attention nor care about what they're making.

Any Transformers fans, either hardcore or casual, can see that the Transformers were very "human" if not, completely "human" since Day One.
Read the quote again. It's not talking about the movie's robot characters.


Oh dear...
I should stop assuming people are generally logical and intelligent. My brain tuned out the WTF part.

So he wants the humains to be more... humain? What?
Is he admitting that he's written mindless NPCs this whole time?
:HEADHURTS:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Image

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!


.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18018
News Credits: 97
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: The Director of Transformers ROTB says his Biggest Goal is to make you Care about the Robots

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 11, 2023 11:13 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
84everfan wrote:
Yes, I definitely want people to connect with the humans, too, because they now look like us more than ever in this film.


The **** is that supposed to mean? Dumbass.


This is just corporate word-salad from someone who clearly either don't pay attention nor care about what they're making.

Any Transformers fans, either hardcore or casual, can see that the Transformers were very "human" if not, completely "human" since Day One.
Read the quote again. It's not talking about the movie's robot characters.


Oh dear...
I should stop assuming people are generally logical and intelligent. My brain tuned out the WTF part.

So he wants the humains to be more... humain? What?
Is he admitting that he's written mindless NPCs this whole time?
:HEADHURTS:


No, he's saying the main human characters are black and latino, unlike before when they were always white. He's a black guy and says that the human characters look like him more than ever.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 32671
News Credits: 4545
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906A"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #33 IDW Comics 2014 Dawn of Autobots 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM934 (CA) Georgiev (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 3B (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM319 6A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 OCT210412 5A (CA) Tormey"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #352 - Revenge of Buzzsaw
Twincast / Podcast #352:
"Revenge of Buzzsaw"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 15th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON