Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The question I have being, is the torso slide supposed to be that tight, by design? :-?


Probably not. It's kinda like some figures where a certain joint is super tight at first, then becomes smooth after the first transformation.

I really hope this MP Megatron nonsense is just a 1 in a million incident. A 300$ figure like this should not have any issues like that, and this gets me more worried about the upcoming MP-44, who is both more expensive and looks more complex.

Tell that to the mp-36 paint scratching >:oP
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7358
News Credits: 172
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:06 am

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The question I have being, is the torso slide supposed to be that tight, by design? :-?


Probably not. It's kinda like some figures where a certain joint is super tight at first, then becomes smooth after the first transformation.

I really hope this MP Megatron nonsense is just a 1 in a million incident. A 300$ figure like this should not have any issues like that, and this gets me more worried about the upcoming MP-44, who is both more expensive and looks more complex.

Tell that to the mp-36 paint scratching >:oP


Now there is a figure who really should not have been so heavily painted
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Combiner
Posts: 443
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:57 pm
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 am

This has me genuinely weary of buying this guy now. I know it could easily be a 1 in 1000 chance that mine could so this too, but see, I have a history with transformers. a good 4 to 6 out of 10 figures I buy end up being factory defects. so far that hasn't applied too much to the masterpiece line, as the only defects I got were rodimus prime, first version of megatron, ravage and lazerbeak, the latter two of which cracked apart just like the bw megatron crotch is. was able to apoxy ravage back together and he transforms fine, but lazerbeak is not salvageable. with my luck, I do feel like I would get the exploding crotch action feature on my bw megs. :-(
Image
User avatar
Immortal Starscream
Pretender
Posts: 738
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby DeathReviews » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:18 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
That's a bummer, to be sure. To pay truckloads of cash for something so brittle? I wasn't planning to get this one (never been a huge fan of Beast Wars). But I feel for those who are fans, and who spent good money for something this flawed.

Those of you who already have one - what are the options? I know 3rd party outfits like Perfect Combiner often make replacement parts for figures. Could a replacement part be installed by the user? Or would you have to tear the whole thing apart to replace the codpiece? If that part can't be replaced easily, then the makers have only two choices. Issue a product recall and eat the cost, or fix it for future batches, and tell the suckers who bought it early to kiss off.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
User avatar
DeathReviews
Targetmaster
Posts: 675
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 am
Location: Everywhere
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby bvzxa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:01 am

Motto: ""Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Looks like the paint is causing the plastic to crack. I have the United Seekers Elite set. That set uses a heavy coat of paint. For some reason the paint on Skywarp was causing the figure to crumble. First it was the legs and the rudder section, and then the nose cone just disentergrated. I rarely played with it and it sits in the box for months at a time. Went to show my friend after fixing the tail rudder and leg and then the nose cone fell off and cracked at the connector piece. You basically can remove it while transforming but glue will not work to fix it

Paint can eat thru plastic I remembered I had an old Gundam model kit that a painted red using Gundam markers. After just a few days the plastic started splitting , and finally it just fell apart. I did replace the kit and painted it again this time it held.
For Transformer reviews go here
http://www.youtube.com/user/bvzxa3
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Brainmaster
Posts: 1442
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:54 pm
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Gladky » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 am

After reading through new reports I cheked my MP BW Megatron again. Unfortunatelly today I learned that my piece broke as well... from standing still... . I Transformed this figure 3 times, super carefully and did not notice any stress markes and cracks at the time. Today when I checked my piece after it was standing on the shelf for a few days, I found out that the central crotch piece is cracked in two places... I disassembled the figure to check the damage and it looks like half of the ctotch piece cracked exactly where the swirls are. I am seriously disappointed, as figures costing so much should not have such basic issues as not being able to stand without breaking... . I will inform shop where I bought this figure from about the issue, however after this I seriously advise you to think your purchase through as the glittery material is simply rubbish and should not be used in the first place. I felt like I was messing with 20 years old gold plastic syndrome figure, not a brand new hi-end collector grade figure.
Attachments
MP Megatron Breakage 1.jpg
Image
Gladky
Micromaster
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby TFmonkeybiz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 am

I think the best thing to do in this situation is for anyone who's having breakage issues to return the figure and hope for a reissue. Can anyone confirm the claim on the wiki that the Takara release's instructions actually give the owner guidance on how to move the shoulders and waist without causing breakage? 'Coz if that's true, that means Takara and possibly Hasbro knew this was a possibility which raises a few awkward questions.
TFmonkeybiz
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 am

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:49 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
TFmonkeybiz wrote:Can anyone confirm the claim on the wiki that the Takara release's instructions actually give the owner guidance on how to move the shoulders and waist without causing breakage? 'Coz if that's true, that means Takara and possibly Hasbro knew this was a possibility which raises a few awkward questions.


Indeed. I wonder if this was the Real reason for:

The Wiki also wrote:Originally scheduled for release on January 26, 2019, Megatron was delayed to March 30
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1891
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm

This is why I'm glad I never got into Masterpiece. >:oP
User avatar
Skritz
Godmaster
Posts: 1714
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Reports of the figure seemingly breaking from having just been standing on a shelf? What is this, MP09?
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Combiner
Posts: 443
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:57 pm
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Gladky » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Funny thing is I had 2 MP09s, both Takara and Hasbro - no issues, two MP05 Megatrons - also no issues and XTB Apollyone in great condition. I think I really know how to handle my figures not to break them... and now this happens...
Image
Gladky
Micromaster
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:41 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Obviously a big deal is being made of these breakages due to the price tag, but before we all start hysterically table flipping on this figure, what percentages are we talking about?

1 in 10? in 100? in 10,000?

That's the detail that matters more so than any handful of pics or reports from isolated individuals: context and perspective.

I get it but that wont help any of the people that this happens to. The main thing to understand here is that it's no longer a one off, it is a defect that some people can experience and something that should be noted. Because many thought it was a one off. It is not, and that's all that the news meant to state (as a callback to the previous news story).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 25517
News Credits: 2537
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby ilikerobits » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:10 pm

I'd be willing to bet that the people having the issue with this figure are simply transforming it too much. These figures are not meant to be manhandled and transformed repeatedly. They're collectors pieces capable of transforming, but really they're just meant to sit on a shelf and look pretty. If you want a toy to "play" with, buy chug or something.
ilikerobits
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:23 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
and there you have it, a 300 dollar quality piece of crap :(
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Dan14thPrime » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Motto: "You're either lying, or you're stupid."
Mines all good.

The only thing that I can think people are doing to create that breakage is that when you transform back to Dino mode or even already in Dino mode, the upper thigh sits flush against the pelvis on the Dino underside. If you try to push the Dino leg up, the upper thigh creates torque on the joint because it’s basically levering over the pelvis. You need to be careful and know your range of movements on this figure.
Dan14thPrime
Mini-Con
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 pm
Watch Dan14thPrime on YouTube

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Dan14thPrime wrote:Mines all good.

The only thing that I can think people are doing to create that breakage is that when you transform back to Dino mode or even already in Dino mode, the upper thigh sits flush against the pelvis on the Dino underside. If you try to push the Dino leg up, the upper thigh creates torque on the joint because it’s basically levering over the pelvis. You need to be careful and know your range of movements on this figure.

Being this expensive I would have thought that on all the weak points diecast would have been used especially on the part that's cracking
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby bvzxa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Motto: ""Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
ilikerobits wrote:I'd be willing to bet that the people having the issue with this figure are simply transforming it too much. These figures are not meant to be manhandled and transformed repeatedly. They're collectors pieces capable of transforming, but really they're just meant to sit on a shelf and look pretty. If you want a toy to "play" with, buy chug or something.


:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: >:oP >:oP >:oP ...I digress.

Also remember MP-09, you couldnt even finish transforming the toy before the knee joing broke. So your statement is just all wrong.
For Transformer reviews go here
http://www.youtube.com/user/bvzxa3
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Brainmaster
Posts: 1442
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:54 pm
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
bvzxa wrote:Looks like the paint is causing the plastic to crack. I have the United Seekers Elite set. That set uses a heavy coat of paint. For some reason the paint on Skywarp was causing the figure to crumble. First it was the legs and the rudder section, and then the nose cone just disentergrated. I rarely played with it and it sits in the box for months at a time. Went to show my friend after fixing the tail rudder and leg and then the nose cone fell off and cracked at the connector piece. You basically can remove it while transforming but glue will not work to fix it

Paint can eat thru plastic I remembered I had an old Gundam model kit that a painted red using Gundam markers. After just a few days the plastic started splitting , and finally it just fell apart. I did replace the kit and painted it again this time it held.

The part that's breaking isn't painted at all. There's actually very little "paint" on the figure. Most of the color comes from tampographing a very thin layer of pigment to the dino skin. A lot of parts, like the black and purple on his torso (and I think the green on his legs) are two different colors of plastic screwed together. There's only a few places like most of the silver, some spots on his face, and a few other details are actually painted. There's no reason to believe paint is a factor here.

ilikerobits wrote:I'd be willing to bet that the people having the issue with this figure are simply transforming it too much. These figures are not meant to be manhandled and transformed repeatedly. They're collectors pieces capable of transforming, but really they're just meant to sit on a shelf and look pretty. If you want a toy to "play" with, buy chug or something.

Transformers only do one thing: transform. Masterpiece transformers for the price should be precision made and capable of being transformed hundreds of times if you're giving them the care of an expensive figure. Any Masterpiece that you can only carefully transform 3 times before it starts breaking is no masterpiece.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5038
News Credits: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby mentre83 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Man, I am about to receive this figure and now I'm more scared than ever. The worst part is reading that the crotch might break just by standing still, that is all one usually asks to a MP figure.
User avatar
mentre83
Micromaster
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 am
Location: Italy
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:24 am

Megatron’s only known weakness... Snu Snu
SpikeyTigertron
Targetmaster
Posts: 687
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby UnderYourCloset » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 am

Motto: "Give̴ m͓e ͦyourͫ f͐a̋ce"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Acolyte wrote:For everyone saying we need to keep perspective, here's some:

I own 10 masterpiece figures in hand (soon will own 14, but I'm dreading what will come of this figure). 4 of those arrived to me with significant factory defects. The boxes were flawless, undamaged, shipped with exquisite care. The insides showed no signs of tension or rubbing or cramping or anything. And yet the figures right out of their little plastic divot had issues ranging from heavy scrapes/ruined paint to cracks (in places where pieces were anchored, which seems to scream manufacturing tolerance issue) to stressed plastic and paint overspray to outright bent die cast that prevented an entire transformation. That's a 60% success rate in masterpiece from one collector. I don't buy from a single source, and I only buy from very reputable sources. At this rate, I may as well be gambling (which is how my wife feels about it).

If I encounter another single major issue (and I could probably forgive a stress mark as long as the piece seemed like it would hold together, and heaven knows I don't care about some little paint chips) then I am done with Masterpiece. It will be an easy decision at that point. Which is a crying shame, because this is Beast Wars coming alive in a whole new way for me, and I dig it like I dug it as a kid in 1996. But I've got better things I can do with my money (like collect entire lines for roughly the same now-greatly-inflated price of Masterpieces across a year).


See? The problem with Masterpiece is, if it's messed up, you're ****. With more general retail stuff, the worst issues I've had were slightly loose joints or a bit too much plastic in a joint area which hindered mobility, and both of those are very easy issues to fix mostly. Do what you guys want, but unless Masterpiece holds UP TO the quality it promises, I say skip it, evaluate your lives, and then move onto something more worth your money. Or hell, move on to MakeToys or a more reputable manufacturer. Pretty sad when the official and MUCH PRICIER stuff feels like KOs in comparison to fan-made 3rd Party figures or even actual KOs. Some people go with KOs both for better price as much as for better quality. (Black Mamba specifically.)
Image
User avatar
UnderYourCloset
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5670
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: The NoiseMAYS. (OXICLEAN!)
Watch UnderYourCloset on YouTube
Alt Mode: The most ridiculous thing ever.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby snavej » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:10 am

War is a dirty business. #ow-my-crotch :(
snavej
Vehicon
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:24 am

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby PadForce » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:48 am

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Megatron’s only known weakness... Snu Snu


Haha, enjoyable.

On a serious note i really feel for the people experiencing damage on such an expensive figure. Hopefully Takara does right by its customers ultimately, if not people will be perfectly justfifed with the inevitable 3p repair kits or just not buying the official model at all.

The idea that a masterpiece transformer shouldnt be transformed is non sensical.
PadForce

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 am

PadForce wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Megatron’s only known weakness... Snu Snu


Haha, enjoyable.

On a serious note i really feel for the people experiencing damage on such an expensive figure. Hopefully Takara does right by its customers ultimately, if not people will be perfectly justfifed with the inevitable 3p repair kits or just not buying the official model at all.

The idea that a masterpiece transformer shouldnt be transformed is non sensical.


Was taking a closer look at mine.... and I think I have hairline fractures forming on the backside. And it really *does* follow the swirl pattern.

What boggles my mind is why not just use painted plastic for a load baring joint like that. Other than his upper thigh it’s the only place they seem to use it....just doesn’t make sense.

Though I think Takara should just ship out new crotches. I don’t think anything is pinned down there?
SpikeyTigertron
Targetmaster
Posts: 687
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:29 am

UnderYourCloset wrote:
Acolyte wrote:For everyone saying we need to keep perspective, here's some:

I own 10 masterpiece figures in hand (soon will own 14, but I'm dreading what will come of this figure). 4 of those arrived to me with significant factory defects. The boxes were flawless, undamaged, shipped with exquisite care. The insides showed no signs of tension or rubbing or cramping or anything. And yet the figures right out of their little plastic divot had issues ranging from heavy scrapes/ruined paint to cracks (in places where pieces were anchored, which seems to scream manufacturing tolerance issue) to stressed plastic and paint overspray to outright bent die cast that prevented an entire transformation. That's a 60% success rate in masterpiece from one collector. I don't buy from a single source, and I only buy from very reputable sources. At this rate, I may as well be gambling (which is how my wife feels about it).

If I encounter another single major issue (and I could probably forgive a stress mark as long as the piece seemed like it would hold together, and heaven knows I don't care about some little paint chips) then I am done with Masterpiece. It will be an easy decision at that point. Which is a crying shame, because this is Beast Wars coming alive in a whole new way for me, and I dig it like I dug it as a kid in 1996. But I've got better things I can do with my money (like collect entire lines for roughly the same now-greatly-inflated price of Masterpieces across a year).


See? The problem with Masterpiece is, if it's messed up, you're ****. With more general retail stuff, the worst issues I've had were slightly loose joints or a bit too much plastic in a joint area which hindered mobility, and both of those are very easy issues to fix mostly. Do what you guys want, but unless Masterpiece holds UP TO the quality it promises, I say skip it, evaluate your lives, and then move onto something more worth your money. Or hell, move on to MakeToys or a more reputable manufacturer. Pretty sad when the official and MUCH PRICIER stuff feels like KOs in comparison to fan-made 3rd Party figures or even actual KOs. Some people go with KOs both for better price as much as for better quality. (Black Mamba specifically.)


Megatron *feels* fine, and he’s perfectly sturdy *except* their poor choice in a plastic composition. I personally have found my 3rd party figures to feel fiddle-y. While there’s still a certain flow or elegance to many of HasTak’s builds.

As for “KOs because they’re cheaper and *sometimes* better quality”. I’d never support/condone IP/Engineering theft.
SpikeyTigertron
Targetmaster
Posts: 687
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Mech-tech, Cyberverse Ironhide, Optimus,Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Barricade and Impactor with Voyager Thundercracker NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mixed Lot - Star Wars, Dragon, Jetfire SR-71, Optimus Prime - LQQK!" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Evil Decepticon Megatron In Box FREE Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Razorclaw Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "CYBER BATTALION SHOCKWAVE; Transformers 2018 Hasbro, BRAND NEW MISB !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumble Bee Ceramic Piggy Bank, coin, bumblebee Hasbro" on EBAY