Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby aronjlove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:59 am

Nemesis Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I personally think Hotlink is a really great figure. The paintwork is incredible, and I think they finally nailed a great battle damage figure. He is definitely my 2nd favorite Seeker after Redwing now.

I need to assemble my seeker squad for a photo, it's a pretty mixed bag for the most part.

So, looking at the seekers, we still need:

Thrust
Ramjet
Dirge (the one i think i want the most)
Nacelle
Bitstream
Sunstorm
Blackout
Sandstorm

I really want to see WFC finish the seeker ranks. I want to complete that nice range of seekers.

And Slipstream. :-D

I still really hope we get Sunstorm and Bitstream from the Siege mold specifically, both to match Hotlink and just because I like the mold better, and seconded on Hotlink being awesome.


We definitely need a new Slipstream. With the love she is getting in the new IDW comic the Decepticons need a female or two in this Trilogy, especially since the Autobots have a few.
User avatar
aronjlove
Combiner
Posts: 406
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Nemesis Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I personally think Hotlink is a really great figure. The paintwork is incredible, and I think they finally nailed a great battle damage figure. He is definitely my 2nd favorite Seeker after Redwing now.

I need to assemble my seeker squad for a photo, it's a pretty mixed bag for the most part.

So, looking at the seekers, we still need:

Thrust
Ramjet
Dirge (the one i think i want the most)
Nacelle
Bitstream
Sunstorm
Blackout
Sandstorm

I really want to see WFC finish the seeker ranks. I want to complete that nice range of seekers.

And Slipstream. :-D

I still really hope we get Sunstorm and Bitstream from the Siege mold specifically, both to match Hotlink and just because I like the mold better, and seconded on Hotlink being awesome.

Yep, forgot her, but she needs a toy too!

And agreed on Sunstorm and Bitstream
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19163
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
it's been a super long week of work so far, but Hotlink, Heatstroke, and Heartburn made today go a little faster. They are such a great package. Need to get Redwing in there beside Hotlink for the full effect.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19163
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
*sigh* Why... Why did they have to do him that way...

Image
Anyway, how do people think Apeface and Weirdwolf look with each other's heads swapped?
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wierdwolf looks a bit off with the purple nogging but Apeface is rocking the new head.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 11027
News Credits: 586
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
ZeroWolf wrote:Wierdwolf looks a bit off with the purple nogging but Apeface is rocking the new head.
Yeah, those were my thoughts.

Image
Am I the only one who thinks Ultra Magnus' secondary guns make good base weapons for Orthia?
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'd probably have to get a loan with a three year payment plan to get greenlight :/

I was playing around with Siege Brunt whilst on the phone and thinking it would be awesome if the guy who is 3d printing the giant g1 cassettes could do a cw combiner or bigger version of him. I've not decided to go for a 3d printer yet but it's one more reason to tempt me.
blackeyedprime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1287
News Credits: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:14 am
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby emlit » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:44 am

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
7FE961A1-9B63-425E-8075-69922F608094.jpeg
Unfortunately, Hound didn’t realize Hotlink had recently arrived at the Decepticon positron energy converter station...
Image
User avatar
emlit
Minibot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:51 pm

When you’re just starting out, but then you absorb a few Matrix ( Matrices?) of Leadership. I do feel the Siege mold sets this particular Nemesis Prime apart. Especially if folks upgraded their collection with Earthrise Prime.

**edit** more thoughts: I feel one thing under appreciated about the Siege mold that didn’t get carried over to the ER mold. All those promising 5mm ports. Also the often forgot hover mode (not pictured)
Attachments
0173A008-BE38-401D-9F60-DE9B46E5C72F.jpeg
1F91FD70-6E39-4FF8-8153-24867E21B60C.jpeg
B32EE921-69D0-45DB-8625-D3E211A729E7.jpeg
SpikeyTigertron
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 846
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Starseeker » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Motto: "I nominate myself as the new leader!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So apparently, all of the Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadrons in the world were sold to a couple people in Canada who are now scalping the hell out of them on ebay. Every time I check, I see them being sold out of Alberta or Ontario again and again. Really disappointed because I want to get this, but I'm not paying these outrageous prices plus the shipping on top of it to get it here in the US for a voyager class with a few battle masters.
For being an "Amazon Exclusive" you sure can't find it on Amazon except like one listing for $300.
[/b]Image
User avatar
Starseeker
Micromaster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Starseeker wrote:So apparently, all of the Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadrons in the world were sold to a couple people in Canada who are now scalping the hell out of them on ebay. Every time I check, I see them being sold out of Alberta or Ontario again and again. Really disappointed because I want to get this, but I'm not paying these outrageous prices plus the shipping on top of it to get it here in the US for a voyager class with a few battle masters.
For being an "Amazon Exclusive" you sure can't find it on Amazon except like one listing for $300.


JUST saw this same thing this evening!
Which is okay... No way is that worth anywhere close to what they're being listed for.
It may work out that Hotlink is the only Siege seeker in my collection. Which is more than okay with me (although I still may not keep him; I won't open him for a while).
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Brainmaster
Posts: 1490
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Starseeker wrote:So apparently, all of the Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadrons in the world were sold to a couple people in Canada who are now scalping the hell out of them on ebay. Every time I check, I see them being sold out of Alberta or Ontario again and again. Really disappointed because I want to get this, but I'm not paying these outrageous prices plus the shipping on top of it to get it here in the US for a voyager class with a few battle masters.
For being an "Amazon Exclusive" you sure can't find it on Amazon except like one listing for $300.

Why didnt you purchase it from Amazon when it was first made available? It didn't sell out instantly.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26643
News Credits: 2845
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Munkky » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I barely touched Seige when it started last year, the only figures I had from the line prior to a few days ago were Ironhide, Shockwave, Ratchet, Ratbat and Rumble, but as time has gone on I've decided I do want to own a few more figures from this range, so I've bought Chromia and Springer, both of which are decent enough, and now I'm scouring the Internet for a reasonably priced Ultra Magnus, though I'm not really expecting to find one because I do realise I'm late to the party. Omega Supreme is still on my to-get list, but I need to make sure I can actually pay for one first.
Last edited by Munkky on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munkky
Combiner
Posts: 444
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Starseeker » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Motto: "I nominate myself as the new leader!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
Starseeker wrote:So apparently, all of the Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadrons in the world were sold to a couple people in Canada who are now scalping the hell out of them on ebay. Every time I check, I see them being sold out of Alberta or Ontario again and again. Really disappointed because I want to get this, but I'm not paying these outrageous prices plus the shipping on top of it to get it here in the US for a voyager class with a few battle masters.
For being an "Amazon Exclusive" you sure can't find it on Amazon except like one listing for $300.

Why didnt you purchase it from Amazon when it was first made available? It didn't sell out instantly.


I just started buying Transformers toys for myself in May, so it wasn't even on the radar for me at this time last year. I wish it had been.
[/b]Image
User avatar
Starseeker
Micromaster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sowndwave76 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Starseeker wrote:I just started buying Transformers toys for myself in May, so it wasn't even on the radar for me at this time last year. I wish it had been.


I had been on hiatus for a while... TF hadn't interested me for what felt like a long time. And the initial Siege stuff didn't impress me much at all. So I didn't even dig for any news on exclusives like Skywarp. Although, I'm not sure I would've bought the Siege version.
Still am passing on the mass-majority of this line.
Only have Soundblaster, Hotlink, and the 35th Anniversary Prime and Megatron in anime cell paint apps.
Can't really think of another figure I'd get at this point.
ER is a different story... Even though I only have the 3 seekers (and the conehead 2 pack on preorder), there are some I am heavily considering. Just wish we had news on the SS '86 figures and actual photos of MP Starscream; that would really give me an idea of any extra wiggle room I'd have in the checking account.
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Brainmaster
Posts: 1490
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Starseeker wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Starseeker wrote:So apparently, all of the Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadrons in the world were sold to a couple people in Canada who are now scalping the hell out of them on ebay. Every time I check, I see them being sold out of Alberta or Ontario again and again. Really disappointed because I want to get this, but I'm not paying these outrageous prices plus the shipping on top of it to get it here in the US for a voyager class with a few battle masters.
For being an "Amazon Exclusive" you sure can't find it on Amazon except like one listing for $300.

Why didnt you purchase it from Amazon when it was first made available? It didn't sell out instantly.


I just started buying Transformers toys for myself in May, so it wasn't even on the radar for me at this time last year. I wish it had been.

Yeah, it was an exclusive from last year, it was gonna get pricey pretty quickly
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19163
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:35 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Scalpers make me wish "Justified larceny" was a thing :-x
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Starseeker » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:13 am

Motto: "I nominate myself as the new leader!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yeah I just wish Hasbro/Amazon would have more of these things available, especially when it's a popular character like Skywarp that they know people will want in order to compete the big 3 seekers. Why allow scalpers, who don't even care about transformers, to profit off of your product that they're flipping for double or triple the price?
I noticed one guy was selling a used Phantomstrike here in Connecticut, and I offered to drive to where he was to get, but I couldn't talk him down. He still wanted $140 which is outrageous especially since its used.
I had picked up Hotlink to stand in for Skywarp, but ended up giving him to my son because he wanted a seeker. Maybe I'll bite the bullet on ebay when we get the second stimulus. I really want to have all of the big 3 in their Cybertronian modes.
[/b]Image
User avatar
Starseeker
Micromaster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Well, you could always get another Hotlink and customize him... He's more suitable as a Skywarp custom base than as Hotlink because Hasbro went so overboard with the charred look that they actually cast him in black plastic :-x
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, you could always get another Hotlink and customize him... He's more suitable as a Skywarp custom base than as Hotlink because Hasbro went so overboard with the charred look that they actually cast him in black plastic :-x

lebowski-opinion1.jpg
lebowski-opinion1.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Targetmaster
Posts: 605
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Well, here's why it's my opinion:
Hotlink.
Is.
Supposed.
To.
Be.
Purple.
That's who he mainly is: The purple flamethrower-wielding Seeker from "More than Meets the Eye, Part 1".
Image

But Netflix Hotlink ends up being more charred black than purple, and he's cast mainly in black plastic so you can't amend that and make him his rightful purple self by stripping off paint. And black is harder to paint to another color.

So AFAIC, Netflix Hotlink is less Hotlink than he is "DIY Skywarp Starter Kit" :-x :BANG_HEAD:


I really like Hotlink's purple, and I was really looking forward to him when we learned he was coming. But what we got... Argh.. :BANG_HEAD: :(
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, here's why it's my opinion:
Hotlink.
Is.
Supposed.
To.
Be.
Purple.
That's who he mainly is: The purple flamethrower-wielding Seeker from "More than Meets the Eye, Part 1".

I already knew that, thanks for assuming I didn't. :roll:

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:But Netflix Hotlink ends up being more charred black than purple, and he's cast mainly in black plastic so you can't amend that and make him his rightful purple self by stripping off paint. And black is harder to paint to another color.

So AFAIC, Netflix Hotlink is less Hotlink than he is "DIY Skywarp Starter Kit" :-x :BANG_HEAD:

Not only am I looking at my Hotlink right now and seeing way more purple on him than black, but I just asked someone else with little-to-no TF knowledge what they think this figure's primary color is and they said purple, I had to point out all of the purple was paint and not just the plastic color. It sounds like you're so fixated on his plastic being the "wrong" color that it's ruined your ability to actually look at his deco as a whole, like one of those visual tricks where someone points out a hidden picture or face on something and suddenly it's all you can see.

I'm also guessing by your language that you don't/didn't like the battle damage in the main Siege line let alone the Netflix repaints, given you're talking about amending his deco because of it. Not only does the battle damage not bother me, but in this case I think it adds to his characterization, given he's supposed to be a weapons engineer who built said flamethrower, it makes it look like he has a track record of successful projects equivalent to that of G1 Wheeljack and that amuses me.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Targetmaster
Posts: 605
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, here's why it's my opinion:
Hotlink.
Is.
Supposed.
To.
Be.
Purple.
That's who he mainly is: The purple flamethrower-wielding Seeker from "More than Meets the Eye, Part 1".

I already knew that, thanks for assuming I didn't. :roll:
I'm not assuming you didn't, I'm just emphasizing it hard as the reason why the figure bothers me so much.

Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:But Netflix Hotlink ends up being more charred black than purple, and he's cast mainly in black plastic so you can't amend that and make him his rightful purple self by stripping off paint. And black is harder to paint to another color.

So AFAIC, Netflix Hotlink is less Hotlink than he is "DIY Skywarp Starter Kit" :-x :BANG_HEAD:

Not only am I looking at my Hotlink right now and seeing way more purple on him than black, but I just asked someone else with little-to-no TF knowledge what they think this figure's primary color is and they said purple, I had to point out all of the purple was paint and not just the plastic color. It sounds like you're so fixated on his plastic being the "wrong" color that it's ruined your ability to actually look at his deco as a whole, like one of those visual tricks where someone points out a hidden picture or face on something and suddenly it's all you can see.
Well, you're dead wrong. Every single in-hand pic I've seen of him, the black char marks seem to dominate the color scheme, and that's been the case since before I learned about the plastic thing. Even looking at the pics where black doesn't seem to be the majority color, it still looks like almost half his surface area is blackened. :BANG_HEAD:

Nemesis Primal wrote:I'm also guessing by your language that you don't/didn't like the battle damage in the main Siege line let alone the Netflix repaints, given you're talking about amending his deco because of it. Not only does the battle damage not bother me, but in this case I think it adds to his characterization, given he's supposed to be a weapons engineer who built said flamethrower, it makes it look like he has a track record of successful projects equivalent to that of G1 Wheeljack and that amuses me.
I'm fine with the battle damage in the main SIEGE line (except on Megatron, where the paint would have been better spent on a silver chest for him), even if it looks kind of silly. The stuff in the Netflix line is excessive, and for the most part looks about as competent as this:
Image

On Hotlink it's competent... but it's also at its most excessive. I get having some char marks to go with the flamethrower thing, I think that's a clever idea. But there's too. Freaking. Much. Too much of his surface area is charred black rather than that lovely purple... It's excessive, and distracting, and bitterly disappointing.
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, you're dead wrong. Every single in-hand pic I've seen of him, the black char marks seem to dominate the color scheme, and that's been the case since before I learned about the plastic thing. Even looking at the pics where black doesn't seem to be the majority color, it still looks like almost half his surface area is blackened. :BANG_HEAD:

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:On Hotlink it's competent... but it's also at its most excessive. I get having some char marks to go with the flamethrower thing, I think that's a clever idea. But there's too. Freaking. Much. Too much of his surface area is charred black rather than that lovely purple... It's excessive, and distracting, and bitterly disappointing.

And this is why I originally just posted my initial image response instead of going "Here's why you're wrong": I've said my piece, and you've said yours, and nothing has changed because we just have differing opinions. I and other people look at him and see a purple guy with scorch marks, you see a mostly black figure that should be purple, okay, I get that, you've posted that many times before. That being said, I fail to see how having different opinions on a figure makes me "dead wrong" for disagreeing, and going from "I don't like this figure because it's the wrong color" to "This figure has zero worth for anyone outside of being custom fodder" still seems like a stretch, which is the only reason I said anything to begin with.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Targetmaster
Posts: 605
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
I say that because 1. the scorch marks cover entirely too damn much of the surface area, especially in robot mode - at best almost half, at worst over half, 2. they can't be easily reduced to a less obnoxious size because for some stupid reason it's the purple - the character's actual color - that's painted on instead of the scorches, 3. I am exceedingly bitterly disappointed about the previous two points, and 4. I am also bitter about Skywarp ending up as an exclusive to a scummy website that does nothing to stymie scalpers, doesn't stock enough of the exclusives, and has a crappy search engine.

ETA: Tonight I will hopefully have something non-bitter to post: a pic of SIEGE Skyfire next to ROTF Jetfire.
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Heatwave the Fire-Bot" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return REPUGNUS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeA x Transformers Generation One Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Brunt Figure Hasbro 2018 Aus Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Hotrod Battle For Cybertron - SHARKTICONS" on EBAY