Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon May 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Refraktor looks good, just a nice solid Deceptigoon.

That talk about a possible Perceptor made me have a thought though, so I put together a list of all the molds and their alternate heads that we know of, because we haven't had some good harmless speculation in a while and nothing else is happening:

Sideswipe mold: Red Alert
Skytread mold: Slamdance
Hound mold: possibly Cybertron Defense Hot Shot? (from box art)
Prowl mold: Smokescreen/Barricade
Chromia mold: ??? (hopefully there isn't one?)
Ironhide mold: Ratchet (confirmed by IDW comics, apparently, plus it was an obvious jump)
Refraktor mold: ???
Impactor mold: ???
Mirage mold: ???
Voyager OP mold: ???
Megatron mold: IDW Miner Megs (used on G2 Camo Megs from Selects)
Starscream mold: Thundercracker/smirk
Soundwave mold: ???
Springer mold: ???
Shockwave mold: ???
Ultra Magnus mold: Optimus Prime
Greenlight mold: ??? (probably Lancer, given the code website confirming another limb coming)

Unknown Quantities:
Jetfire: new size class, dunno if the mold has an alternate head sculpt or if it's just 1 a year like the Titans
Weaponizers: Dunno if they have alternate heads, or if we're even getting more (hoping we will though)
Apeface & Astrotrain: Rumored through product listings, possibly meant for next segment of WFC trilogy
35th Anniversary Soundblaster: Allegedly has a retooled tape door, but Soundblaster has the same head as Soundwave, right?

Thoughts on the ???s and unknowns?
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
You're forgetting the Battle Masters and Micromasters, they have pretools among them too:

Firedrive: ???
Blowpipe/Caliburst: Aimless
Lionizer/Dazlestrike: ???
Pteraxadon: ???
Smashdown: ???

Flak: ???
Topshot: Red Heat
Swindler: Blackjack
Roadhandler: Hyperdrive
Stakeout: ???
Visper: ???
Storm Cloud: ???
Ravage: ???
Laserbeak: ???
Highjump: ???
Powertrain: ???

To be fair, I don't really see any potential retools in that bunch :lol:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, PotP Prime Punch head, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16908
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Honestly lately I’ve been looking at Skytread and seeing an easy repaint into a baby Blitzwing :D you see it right? I can’t unsee it now. With his one handedness I wonder if Impactor’s mold would be a candidate for like a Cybertronian Trailbreaker.
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:Chromia mold: ??? (hopefully there isn't one?)


Priceless ;)^
TF-fan kev777
Brainmaster
Posts: 1257
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Microbot » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:Refraktor looks good, just a nice solid Deceptigoon.

That talk about a possible Perceptor made me have a thought though, so I put together a list of all the molds and their alternate heads that we know of, because we haven't had some good harmless speculation in a while and nothing else is happening:

Sideswipe mold: Red Alert
Skytread mold: Slamdance
Hound mold: possibly Cybertron Defense Hot Shot? (from box art)
Prowl mold: Smokescreen/Barricade
Chromia mold: ??? (hopefully there isn't one?)
Ironhide mold: Ratchet (confirmed by IDW comics, apparently, plus it was an obvious jump)
Refraktor mold: ???
Impactor mold: ???
Mirage mold: ???
Voyager OP mold: ???
Megatron mold: IDW Miner Megs (used on G2 Camo Megs from Selects)
Starscream mold: Thundercracker/smirk
Soundwave mold: ???
Springer mold: ???
Shockwave mold: ???
Ultra Magnus mold: Optimus Prime
Greenlight mold: ??? (probably Lancer, given the code website confirming another limb coming)

Unknown Quantities:
Jetfire: new size class, dunno if the mold has an alternate head sculpt or if it's just 1 a year like the Titans
Weaponizers: Dunno if they have alternate heads, or if we're even getting more (hoping we will though)
Apeface & Astrotrain: Rumored through product listings, possibly meant for next segment of WFC trilogy
35th Anniversary Soundblaster: Allegedly has a retooled tape door, but Soundblaster has the same head as Soundwave, right?

Thoughts on the ???s and unknowns?


No more female bot with horrible greenlight/Chromia mold PLEASE! I want a good and better Arcee without that horrible backpack but with some good battle damage on her! Also, I hope the Galaxy prime will be recolor as a Nemesis Prime or Solo Prime. And please give em Dinobots and Wheeljack! :)

Great to read about Apeface and Astrotrain, I really like that idea! Do you think the command class can be fit for more figures? I don't know who can fit there....just see right for Jetfire t moment...
Microbot
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 pm

I'm curious if Hasbro did pretools/shared molds for this line knowing it was going to be about POTP-sized. Especially since in recent years we've seen unused heads (T30 Orion Pax into Kup) which only ever get used in Japan (which is less likely now due to shared lines) or by FunPub (Which is even less likely because its gone!). My theory is that we might see these retools for other parts of the trilogy, giving people time to 'breathe' and making the line seem less repetitive as CW was.

I theorize that, with a line so focus on G1 toon accuracy, that making a character as 'another guy with new colors and new heads' seems way less likely if it didn't exist in G1 already. So Ironhide into Ratchet and Prowl into Smokescreen were pretty obvious reveals. I could see Mirage being redone into G2 Leadfoot (all he need is a new head since I doubt his derpy rotor will remain!) and Hound into Ironfist.
User avatar
Skritz
Brainmaster
Posts: 1428
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Skritz wrote:I'm curious if Hasbro did pretools/shared molds for this line knowing it was going to be about POTP-sized. Especially since in recent years we've seen unused heads (T30 Orion Pax into Kup) which only ever get used in Japan (which is less likely now due to shared lines) or by FunPub (Which is even less likely because its gone!). My theory is that we might see these retools for other parts of the trilogy, giving people time to 'breathe' and making the line seem less repetitive as CW was.

I theorize that, with a line so focus on G1 toon accuracy, that making a character as 'another guy with new colors and new heads' seems way less likely if it didn't exist in G1 already. So Ironhide into Ratchet and Prowl into Smokescreen were pretty obvious reveals. I could see Mirage being redone into G2 Leadfoot (all he need is a new head since I doubt his derpy rotor will remain!) and Hound into Ironfist.


What is curious is that they're sticking with simple part swaps this time around: Ultra Magnus into Cybertron Prime is the only example of Prime Wars-style rehashing in the main, non-exclusive line.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, PotP Prime Punch head, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16908
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 pm

I think this is because there's kind of a 'soft' mandate to try to have an Optimus Prime at Leader class and they figured he might as well be something interesting rather than a flat out recolor of Ultra Magnus.
User avatar
Skritz
Brainmaster
Posts: 1428
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:To be fair, I don't really see any potential retools in that bunch :lol:

Yeah, the reasons I didn't include them were a combination of that, figuring the majority of people would be more excited by the larger size classes, and not wanting to make my post so long that nobody wanted to read it ;).

00Stargrave00 wrote:Honestly lately I’ve been looking at Skytread and seeing an easy repaint into a baby Blitzwing :D you see it right? I can’t unsee it now. With his one handedness I wonder if Impactor’s mold would be a candidate for like a Cybertronian Trailbreaker.

Tiny Blitzy would mess up the whole scale thing they've got going on, sadly, and we just got an amazing Blitzwing via Titans Return. That remold would be a real cool look for Trailbreaker, but given he's never been a tank before, and I don't feel like they would change that now, it seems unlikely. Plus, the one-handedness of the mold is optional. I still want/hope the Impactor mold to be re-tooled as Demolishor.

Microbot wrote:Great to read about Apeface and Astrotrain, I really like that idea! Do you think the command class can be fit for more figures? I don't know who can fit there....just see right for Jetfire t moment...

The main other Commander Class candidates that come to mind for me are Deathsaurus, Lugnut, and possibly Tidal Wave and/or Scorponok (an IDW/Energon-ish one, not a citybot-sized one), but I don't know about anyone else. Maybe Tesarus or Helex if they ever made the DJD (which they sadly won't)?

Skritz wrote: My theory is that we might see these retools for other parts of the trilogy, giving people time to 'breathe' and making the line seem less repetitive as CW was...I could see Mirage being redone into G2 Leadfoot (all he need is a new head since I doubt his derpy rotor will remain!) and Hound into Ironfist.

I also subscribe to that theory, it would make sense since there's no line-wide gimmicks restricting the mold usage. Mirage into Leadfoot makes sense, there are only so many dragster TFs, although I'm curious if they'd go for a fusion of G2 and Movie Leadfoot over straight G2 Leadfoot, since I think the Movie guy is kinda more recognizable to the casual audience. I will also accept any new Ironfist of any kind whatsoever, I really would love a figure of him, but the alternate head on Hound's packaging art was absolutely not Ironfist-ish in any real way.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue May 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I would love to see a G2 Leadfoot from Mirage. And I would not mind a bit of movie influence in his coloration either.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Chronologically speaking it would almost make more sense if we were going to see all the same or many of the same characters just with Earth modes in the next phase. We won’t see that on the toy aisle but I wonder how that will shake out in the story.
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:42 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I know people were suffering Windblade burn out but she's had a minute to cool off. And I like her. Her arc in IDW represented an unfortunate lull in where the rest of that universe was at the time there was a lot of exposition going on at least at the start but towards the end she won over my heart. I would love LOVE to see a Siege Windblade. I didn't even get her TR wave in my town it's my time for some more Windblade!

While I'm at it, I'm always ready for more Insecticons.
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ThunderThruster » Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Nemesis Primal wrote:Mirage mold: ???

Skritz wrote:I could see Mirage being redone into G2 Leadfoot (all he need is a new head since I doubt his derpy rotor will remain!) and Hound into Ironfist.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I could see Mirage repainted (and re-headed) into Slapdash.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.

Image
User avatar
ThunderThruster
Gestalt
Posts: 2693
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 22, 2019 8:03 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
00Stargrave00 wrote:I know people were suffering Windblade burn out but she's had a minute to cool off. And I like her. Her arc in IDW represented an unfortunate lull in where the rest of that universe was at the time there was a lot of exposition going on at least at the start but towards the end she won over my heart. I would love LOVE to see a Siege Windblade. I didn't even get her TR wave in my town it's my time for some more Windblade!



Happily, I think you'll find most of the fans here share your affinity for Windblade. I say this as one of the outliers who never cared for the character, and think she has been overused quite a bit, and am still waiting for her to go away (she has been a major player in every line across animation, comics, & toys since her inception except for the Live Action films...) .

I do admit her TR Deluxe wave was virtually non existent in the US, but I was mostly looking forward to seeing Misfire & Twintwist.

If you like the character, she is front and center, as expected, for the 35th anniversary branding, so no doubt there are more toys to come. I would be *pleasantly* shocked if there was no toy planned for the 2020 generations line, unless they plan just to keep churning them out for the Cyberverse line aimed at a younger demographic.
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3071
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby AcademyofDrX » Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 am

I love Windblade as a character, but I'm not desperate for a new figure. She's averaged a figure a year since her introduction, and her design is quite consistent across the various toylines, though obviously the animated tie-ins are more basic figures. And the T30 figure is still reasonably priced on the secondary market.

On the other hand, she's a key figure in the comics alongside Bumblebee. I'm certain we will see a Bumblebee in the next WFC phase, so it would make sense for her to show up then. Hopefully that phase's play feature will offer some unique value if she does get a new mold.
AcademyofDrX
Minibot
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 am
Alt Mode: Starfighter
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 am

00Stargrave00 wrote:Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:


Chromedome's alt mode isn't cybertronian?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24692
News Credits: 2409
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 22, 2019 8:44 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:


Chromedome's alt mode isn't cybertronian?
And I don't believe that that tank mode of Rewind's is based on any Earth tank either.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31278
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:


Chromedome's alt mode isn't cybertronian?
And I don't believe that that tank mode of Rewind's is based on any Earth tank either.


Fair points, and I guess anything "futuristic" can be considered Cybertronian as well, so that's cool ;)

Siege needs a Bumblebee, and maybe a Wingblade. A retool of Generations Cosmos as Bumblebee, with a helicopter pack and minifigure of Rubble to fit the Deluxe price point would be nice in my opinion
Nathaniel Prime
News Moderator
Posts: 661
News Credits: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 am

Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:


Chromedome's alt mode isn't cybertronian?
And I don't believe that that tank mode of Rewind's is based on any Earth tank either.


Fair points, and I guess anything "futuristic" can be considered Cybertronian as well, so that's cool ;)

Siege needs a Bumblebee, and maybe a Wingblade. A retool of Generations Cosmos as Bumblebee, with a helicopter pack and minifigure of Rubble to fit the Deluxe price point would be nice in my opinion


I dont know, all I hear is
"oh no, more bumblebee"
"oh no, more unecessary random retools"
"oh no, more windblade"

Personally, I think its a breath of fresh air to not have BB or Windblade in Siege. We already have a lot of the regular crew but with new molds that were very much needed, having those too might have been a bit much.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24692
News Credits: 2409
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I should have clarified - for Domey a vehicle mode more akin to his IDW iteration and for Rewind his “tank mode” yeah the box with a stick on it would be fun to see as some companion piece memory stick or just a neat little racer. Some way of incorporating then together.
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:04 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:Every day I look at my TR Domey and Rewind and I know it wasn’t that long ago but I want Cybertronian versions of my favorite TF couple. It’s Chromewind :lol:


Chromedome's alt mode isn't cybertronian?
And I don't believe that that tank mode of Rewind's is based on any Earth tank either.


Fair points, and I guess anything "futuristic" can be considered Cybertronian as well, so that's cool ;)

Siege needs a Bumblebee, and maybe a Wingblade. A retool of Generations Cosmos as Bumblebee, with a helicopter pack and minifigure of Rubble to fit the Deluxe price point would be nice in my opinion


I dont know, all I hear is
"oh no, more bumblebee"
"oh no, more unecessary random retools"
"oh no, more windblade"

Personally, I think its a breath of fresh air to not have BB or Windblade in Siege. We already have a lot of the regular crew but with new molds that were very much needed, having those too might have been a bit much.


That’s a great point it’s new and different that’s what I like about it too.
User avatar
00Stargrave00
News Staff
Posts: 359
News Credits: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 22, 2019 9:05 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:I dont know, all I hear is
"oh no, more bumblebee"
"oh no, more unecessary random retools"
"oh no, more windblade"

Personally, I think its a breath of fresh air to not have BB or Windblade in Siege. We already have a lot of the regular crew but with new molds that were very much needed, having those too might have been a bit much.


Agreed. I mean BB basically has 2 lines all his own (Cyberverse and a good chunk of SS devoted to his self-titled film...) Windblade is a huge part of Cyberverse as well.

I mean, I imagine older fans would like to see somethign in Siege, but I seriously doubt the next 2 parts of the trilogy for 2020 & 2021 will go by without either of them making an appearance, so, while I am only getting select Siege toys, I am enjoying the uniqueness of it.
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3071
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed May 22, 2019 9:09 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I dont know, all I hear is
"oh no, more bumblebee"
"oh no, more unecessary random retools"
"oh no, more windblade"

Personally, I think its a breath of fresh air to not have BB or Windblade in Siege. We already have a lot of the regular crew but with new molds that were very much needed, having those too might have been a bit much.


Agreed. I mean BB basically has 2 lines all his own (Cyberverse and a good chunk of SS devoted to his self-titled film...) Windblade is a huge part of Cyberverse as well.

I mean, I imagine older fans would like to see somethign in Siege, but I seriously doubt the next 2 parts of the trilogy for 2020 & 2021 will go by without either of them making an appearance, so, while I am only getting select Siege toys, I am enjoying the uniqueness of it.

Very good points, from the both of you.

Indeed, Bumblebee may seem to be too much now, and I agree. It's strange, but I kinda just want a definitive Bumblebee figure, and then they can ease off the character for a while.

I guess it's not like Optimus Prime, where you probably can't have too many of a good thing
Nathaniel Prime
News Moderator
Posts: 661
News Credits: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 22, 2019 9:11 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Right now, the new IDW comics are instead using Bumblebee and Windblade designs based more of those of MP-21 (at least in robot mode) and Windblade's Titans Return toy (again, in at least her robot mode).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31278
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #224 - TCG Siege Strategy
Twincast / Podcast #224:
"TCG Siege Strategy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 30th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Painted JP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Sky-byte (Sky Bite) Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 Ravage And Rumble Cassette Two Pack KO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sky-Byte Shark Great Colors/Condition Incomplete see listing Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee VW Beetle with Charlie Figure 1:24 Scale Jada 30114" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Action Figure Stealth Sniper Shot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Optimus Prime Action Figure Toy" on EBAY