This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:For real, there are gobots with more involved transformations.
Despite the Hanna-Barbera cartoon's lower quality than the G1 Transformers cartoon (thoughm it wasn't pure garbage as it did have a few episodes and characters that were genuinely good), the GoBots toy molds were generally well done for the time, so it's not really a bad comparison to make.

True enough. The toys can be pretty awesome. Like Tux. Still waiting on someone to do a custom of him using the TF:P Knockout figure!
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Dr Va'al wrote:Another toy sighting from Cobotron (via his brother) in the Transformers Robots in Disguise later waves - as Power Surge Optimus Prime shows up on the shelves of the Glendale, CA, Toys R Us store, for $49.99! The new version of the big bot comes with lights, sounds, and the power up action brought on by the minicon application. Check out photo proof below, and make sure to flag any new sightings in our database and forums, too!

I didn't realize this was news. TRU in Mishawaka has had this guy for a couple of weeks now.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ironhidensh wrote:I didn't realize this was news. TRU in Mishawaka has had this guy for a couple of weeks now.

If you see something thats new to you in a store and that you havent seen on the boards, then its always good to take a chance, take a pic and let us know.

Also, I think Gobots are just as good as G1 TF toys. They have more diecast too!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4504
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
william-james88 wrote:Also, I think Gobots are just as good as G1 TF toys. They have more diecast too!

Was also easier to smuggle them around in your pocket when you go to movies, grocery shopping with your parents, to church, and many other places! Try fitting Optimus Prime in your pocket!
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, I think Gobots are just as good as G1 TF toys. They have more diecast too!

Was also easier to smuggle them around in your pocket when you go to movies, grocery shopping with your parents, to church, and many other places! Try fitting Optimus Prime in your pocket!

Such a wonderful post, beaming with childhood joy and innocence. I too took small toys to church :)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby LE0KING » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

Such a wonderful post, beaming with childhood joy and innocence. I too took small toys to church :)

Growing up I always had an armada minicon or two in my pocket. My buddy and I would sit in the back pew and use hymnals as bases. Awww, Now I kind of wish these rid minicons had vehicle alt modes.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby AbdullahQ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:39 am

Honestly out of all the toylines over the years that Hasbro has put out, the 2015 RID line has been the worst in quite awhile. The toys look and feel cheap, they leave most of the main Decepticons out of the toyline and there are just too many repaints of molds that aren't even that old yet.

Seriously did we really need a G1 Grimlock repaint?
AbdullahQ
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:52 am

If we are talking about bad and chap toylines, RID doesnt hold a candle to Fall of Cybertron. That line had the smallest deluxes, the cheapest plastic, and a ton of redecos/retools. The transfrmations were also poopy and the alt modes didnt look good (and the robot modes wither for some). At least RID has great transformations (the best on the shelves right now) and some of the best alt mode and robot designs we've seen in a while.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Ultra Magnus Gallery

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Air Raid Gallery

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Sideswipe Gallery

william-james88
News Staff

Video Review for Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Optimus Prime

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:00 am

Robots in Disguise Power Surge Prime has recently hit US shores and if any of you are unsure about getting him, fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999 has reviewed this figure for us fans.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Here's a little lemon sorbet to cleans the pallet between Titans Return reviews, Power Surge Optimus Prime. The big bot is the central figure in the Weaponizer sub line featuring lights and sounds, that are somewhat hard to control and can go off at random. Transformation is simple, but not simple enough to justify the small sheet of instructions, that are only one sided. Overall the figure looks cool, and thanks to some well placed swivels, can get into some good sword wielding positions. Most collectors will turn their noses up at this figure, but Prime cuts an imposing pose and is a lot of fun.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:12 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:If we are talking about bad and chap toylines, RID doesnt hold a candle to Fall of Cybertron. That line had the smallest deluxes, the cheapest plastic, and a ton of redecos/retools. The transfrmations were also poopy and the alt modes didnt look good (and the robot modes wither for some). At least RID has great transformations (the best on the shelves right now) and some of the best alt mode and robot designs we've seen in a while.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Ultra Magnus Gallery

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Air Raid Gallery

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Sideswipe Gallery

Did the Soundwave mold just come out as the lucky gem in the rough, then? Because I've got Soundblaster & Buzzsaw and they're really solid and large.
Then again it is the Takara version so maybe they had different plastic? It just feels almost Cybertron/Galaxy Force quality to me.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Cobotron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:13 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
My brother who spotted the sighting of PS Prime dicribed it as very "Playschooly" feeling. Not nessicarly a bad thing. This toy is totally meant for the kids. And that's fine. Some 7 year old is definitely going to have an AWESOME Christmas.

Oh, and God forbid a toy company make kid's toys. :roll:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 am

Cobotron wrote:My brother who spotted the sighting of PS Prime dicribed it as very "Playschooly" feeling. Not nessicarly a bad thing. This toy is totally meant for the kids. And that's fine. Some 7 year old is definitely going to have an AWESOME Christmas.

I see him in the same vein as that giant Beast Hunters Optimus they released last time. This is the same thing. What sucks though is that due to that removeable cab, I dont think I will ever find one in decent shape at a thrift store :(

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:34 am

Kurona wrote:Did the Soundwave mold just come out as the lucky gem in the rough, then? Because I've got Soundblaster & Buzzsaw and they're really solid and large.
Then again it is the Takara version so maybe they had different plastic? It just feels almost Cybertron/Galaxy Force quality to me.

If that is the feeling you get when touching them then they are definitely made of different plastic. Hasbro's Soundwave was porous, its really a slimey feeling compared to other plasics I have felt when collecting. He is extremely light too. And that gimick didnt work as intended, the disks always get stuck in my version. And he too wasnt spared of a cheap redeco.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:53 am

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Did the Soundwave mold just come out as the lucky gem in the rough, then? Because I've got Soundblaster & Buzzsaw and they're really solid and large.

If that is the feeling you get when touching them then they are definitely made of different plastic. Hasbro's Soundwave was porous, its really a slimey feeling compared to other plasics I have felt when collecting. He is extremely light too. And that gimick didnt work as intended, the disks always get stuck in my version. And he too wasnt spared of a cheap redeco.

Oh yeah, the gimmick's pretty terrible; but I really just wanted a CHUG Soundwave/Soundblaster. And for that he works very well - better than anything bar Music Label right now.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 am

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Oh yeah, the gimmick's pretty terrible; but I really just wanted a CHUG Soundwave/Soundblaster. And for that he works very well - better than anything bar Music Label right now.

Agreed. I am looking forward to see how he looks next to the upcoming Voyager Megatron.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:04 am

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Agreed. I am looking forward to see how he looks next to the upcoming Voyager Megatron.

Most certainly; that Megsy looks beautiful

Though... on the subject of CHUG in a way that doesn't detract from the thread, is anyone else thinking of using the upcoming Ratchet as their CHUG/MTMTE Ratchet? I mean, he'd probs need some reprolabels, but...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Mega Pack

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, courtesy of yours truly, there appears to be a new Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Mega Pack available for pre-order on Robot Kingdom, priced at $55, it includes: Beastbox, Velocirazor, Sawback, Sandsting, Ratbat, Swelter, Divebomb, Back, Hammer, Lancelon, Tricerashot, Lord Doomitron, Bashbreaker, Undertone and Anvil - but it does not, seemingly, include the sprue's with the armor and weapons. So what do you think of this new pack? Planning on getting it? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Bronzewolf » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Those almost seem like new decos, though it's really hard to tell. This might be interesting to watch.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Interesting...don't get me wrong, I like these Mini-Cons too, but I kinda miss the days when they actually turned into things.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Railbomb » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
As someone who doesn't have any of the minicons I might have to get this. Looks like it has a wide variety in there including some of the weapons.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Bronzewolf wrote:Those almost seem like new decos, though it's really hard to tell. This might be interesting to watch.

They do not seem to be new deco's, but we will see, as the pic is a bit sh|t
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:58 am

I like the ball minicons, but not enough to buy individual toys just to get those. So this is great for that.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:08 am

Seems like this may be a hodge-podge of minicons. (I see one sand colored one, but not its partner) If it were a complete set, I might be tempted by it. As is, I'm still on the fence.

While I liked the notion of the add-on weapons, after trying them out... there were just too many tiny pieces. I couldn't remember where they tabbed in or keep up with them. For people like me, this may be the better option.

I think that's where they went wrong compared with Energon weapons. (I loved those.) There were only a few pieces to contend with, and the weapons were interchangeable.

I hope Hasbro takes note where this was a near-miss as they look to the future.

I did love how they came on an insignia shaped sprue. That aspect was a home run. I hated breaking those up to play with the accessories.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 am

Sigma Magnus wrote: I kinda miss the days when they actually turned into things.

The new ones turn into weapons so I am happy with that.

william-james88
News Staff

Transformers Robots in Disguise: RID Warrior Class Scorponok And Windblade In-Hand

Postby shajaki » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:59 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Greetings Seibertron, thanks to blogger Blacklai we now have some new in-hand shots of Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Warrior Class Scorponok and Windblade! Scorponok strangely changes the trend of Decepticons in this line (turning from vehicles to animalistic robots) by being a straight beast-former. And the fan-pole originated Windblade gets herself a brand new mold as well. Have a look at them in and out of package below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON