This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Kre-O Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: The Official Kre-O Discussion Thread

Postby Rated X » Wed May 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Good. Whatever country is getting them can have em lol.

But on a serious note, im sure the reason is based on business. Kreo sales spoke for themselves in the US. Many store shelves kept nice and warm during the height of the kreo outbreak. Kreo figures are too small for little kids, and too dumb for older kids. Its a very bizarro niche market for people who like to collect cute things. Maybe the MLP or hello kitty crowd bought into it. Its the Asian market I guess...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Editor » Wed May 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Rated X wrote:Good. Whatever country is getting them can have em lol.

But on a serious note, im sure the reason is based on business. Kreo sales spoke for themselves in the US. Many store shelves kept nice and warm during the height of the kreo outbreak. Kreo figures are too small for little kids, and too dumb for older kids. Its a very bizarro niche market for people who like to collect cute things. Maybe the MLP or hello kitty crowd bought into it. Its the Asian market I guess...

The only response I will give to this is that while it is true that the US currently is not getting the newer Transformers Kreo sets, there have been other sets like everything after the first set of GIJoe Kreo that wasn't made available because it was only set to the States. It's a calculation of return.

I have bought a lot of Kreo, and I certainly is not because they are cute. Yes it is based on Business, and yes these may be niche, but I would think the bigger fact is that they believe they feel they can not compete in the US aisles against the LEGO juggernaut of Avengers, Star Wars and possibly the new Jurassic Park/World series that's coming out then any cute overlying factor.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Wed May 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Still can't believe Hasbro is making newer toys for this line. As so many brick and mortar stores in my area Haven't carried any Kreo products in years.

In my area within a 70 miles driving distance. Noticed all of the Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts and Kohl's. Have stopped carrying Kreo for years.

Only Toysrus brick and mortar stores are carrying a low supply of Kreo toys.

Wondering if Toysrus and some online sites. Offer enough orders to keep the Kreo line from getting canceled.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Editor » Wed May 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Remember in the US, that TRU is suppose to have Kre-o as an exclusive.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby primalxconvoy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Since it came out, I have always been underwhelmed by Kreon TF's. I suspect that the main reason was that a non-TF division was making Tf toys (just like the ill-fated Titanium, SW/Marvel Crossover toys, too), but it isn't an excuse.

Takara made some pretty cool "Myclone" TF minifigs several years ago and numerous official and unofficial third party companies have made SD style TF figures and "non-transforming" Tf figures and vehicles sucessfully.

In Japan, aboutr 12 years ago, I saw some great Lego style figures. Each one transformed into a robot (from an animal, car or other thing, pending on the team they were in), came with a pilot minifig AND combined with others into a GESTAULT.

Kreons, should have transformed just as well, as there really was no excuse for the awful first generation "non-transforming" sets we got. Failing that (perhaps Hasbo didn't want one toyline canabalising sales from another?), they could have done more to sell the minifigs (sans all of the silly "weapon racks, etc") as collectors items (like the Myclones). I was really interested in the Comicon set myself, but couldn't get hold of it. Keyring versions (like Lego have), tshirts, special artist versions (Bape?), etc.

For the kids, they could have made great mechsuits and vehicles, by taking a leaf out of the Lego/Anime knockoff things (not the Ninja one, the other one) and looking back at the Actionmaster playsets.

Regardless of my ideas, I think it's fair to say that Hasbro have demonstrated a sizeable omount of inexperience in this field, with a product that still has lots of potential.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed May 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Kre-O couldn't seem to catch a break. The Kreons proved to be quite popular, and given how commonplace brick-based minifigures are they should've done really good --and the customizability should've been another win-- but for whatever reasons most retailers just wouldn't bite. Even trying new formulas didn't help. And indeed these historical and transformable figures are so far removed from the standard Kreon I doubt many Kre-O fans would even want them.

Though truth be told Kre-O did have a nice run. Making the 9 major G1 Combiner teams is no small feat.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby MaverickPrime » Wed May 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
I wonder what the fate of Kreo is gonna be here in Mexico, we only got the AoE stuff, nothing else, not even the blind packed releases or the combiners, just the new AoE guys
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Micro changers were all that I ever bought and I thought they were good, for what they were. At the time Kre-O launched Spinmaster released the Ionix brick system and that was by far a better transforming brick, that ultimately failed too. I bought a great deal of the GI Joe sets since those were vehicles that will probably never be released in the 4" line. Unfortunately my interest in Kre-O died with a sudden stop when I had to break down a bunch of sets to decorate for Christmas, and they were stopping with the codes on the blind bags. Lego has too much of a hold on the toy isles, and a vocal fan base that will shout down any other brand.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby RAcast » Fri May 22, 2015 7:48 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The Micro changers were all that I ever bought and I thought they were good, for what they were. At the time Kre-O launched Spinmaster released the Ionix brick system and that was by far a better transforming brick, that ultimately failed too. I bought a great deal of the GI Joe sets since those were vehicles that will probably never be released in the 4" line. Unfortunately my interest in Kre-O died with a sudden stop when I had to break down a bunch of sets to decorate for Christmas, and they were stopping with the codes on the blind bags. Lego has too much of a hold on the toy isles, and a vocal fan base that will shout down any other brand.

I wouldn't say Ionix was really better. It had a great deal of potential, but they never did anything with it.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Editor » Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 am

I only bought one Ionix set, the mini HTTYD Toothless figure when Target had it on clearance, and to be completely honest, I was really not impressed by the build or the overall part quality.

I could have grabbed a bunch of those sets on the cheap, but that one set turned me away from them quickly.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:18 am

Editor wrote:I only bought one Ionix set, the mini HTTYD Toothless figure when Target had it on clearance, and to be completely honest, I was really not impressed by the build or the overall part quality.

I could have grabbed a bunch of those sets on the cheap, but that one set turned me away from them quickly.

I was thinking more of the Tenkai Knights bricks. They were 2x4 bricks that could turn into humanoid forms, those would've been perfect for the Micro Change line
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Editor » Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Editor wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
megatronus wrote:Is that a Kre-O Trypticon??

I'm assuming that's Robots In Disguise Underbite

If that is from the same set I believe it is, yes that should be Underbite.

Box image:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Editor wrote:I only bought one Ionix set, the mini HTTYD Toothless figure when Target had it on clearance, and to be completely honest, I was really not impressed by the build or the overall part quality.

I was thinking more of the Tenkai Knights bricks. They were 2x4 bricks that could turn into humanoid forms, those would've been perfect for the Micro Change line

Yep, they used the same system as Tenkai Knights on their How to Train your Dragon and Pokemon lines.

And just for kicks:
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Did they use the 2x4 bricks for the humanoid characters? Those were the only ones I was thinking about.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Editor » Sat May 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Honestly Chuck I can't say.

I do believe that the larger sets did include Hiccup and such but after the disappointment for how under developed Toothless was beyond the use of the transforming brick and decent head piece, that I didn't bother taking that close a look. (just checked Google images, yes they did)

I can also say that the Pokemon Ash set was indeed using the same humanoid brick the Knights were based on, as I almost bought one but decided against it.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Editor » Fri May 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Kreon Warriors Collection 2 have dropped around here. Bought a few packs to try for Soundwave but no dice.

That said if you like the crazier looking Kreons you will want Wise guy Starscream.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

SDCC Exclusive Kre-O Transformers Kreon Class of 1985 Set Revealed

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Via Gizmodo's Toyland Blog, we have our first images of another 2015 SDCC Transformers exclusive, a Kre-O "Kreon Class of 1985" set.

Toyland had this to say about the set:
Toyland Blog wrote:And like last year’s Transformers Class of 1984, the KREON Class of 1985 will first be available as a $60 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive either at HasbroToyShop.com, or at booth #3213 at the convention.

This set looks to have many new Kreons for G1 characters that haven't yet seen that treatment, such as Astrotrain, Cosmos, Blaster, the other four Dinobots and many more, plus more definitive versions of characters such as Seaspray and Jetfire. We've mirrored the images of the set below.

Kre-O may not have survived the realm of mass retail, but it lives on through this convention exclusive. This year's San Diego Comic-Con takes place July 9th through July 12th at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California.

Sound off Seibertronians, are you excited to see this set as a follow-up to last year's really cool Class of 1984 set? Having anxiety about the exclusivity? Maybe more flashbacks to High School is a really bad thing to you? Let us know by replying to this post, and keep it locked in here to Seibertron for all the latest as we approach a busy convention season!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:42 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
This thing looks like a must get since I have the 1984 one.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:42 am

Like last year's set, there's a few I'd like but a bunch I don't need because I already have the character in some fashion. Still, an awesome set!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 am

Noideaforaname wrote:Like last year's set, there's a few I'd like but a bunch I don't need because I already have the character in some fashion. Still, an awesome set!

For sure, though there are cases like Seaspray where the one here is sooo much cooler than the HftD inspired Kreon that came out last year.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Noideaforaname wrote:Like last year's set, there's a few I'd like but a bunch I don't need because I already have the character in some fashion. Still, an awesome set!

but it looks good as a set in packaging. I've never actually open mine so it really doesn't matter which i had before and which I didn't.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Courage: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:03 am

If I saw this in a store I would totally be down for it. As an SDCC exclusive I will not even consider paying the inevitably inflated cost.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

NuclearConvoy wrote:If I saw this in a store I would totally be down for it. As an SDCC exclusive I will not even consider paying the inevitably inflated cost.

If you can snag it on Hasbro Toy Shop, it's a really good deal. Kreons are generally about $3 retail. This has 30 of em, so for $60 that math works out to being quite a good deal.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Marcdachamp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 am

I love the captions underneath!

Snarl- Most likely to skip class

Strafe (Swoop)- Most likely to have his identity stolen

:lol:
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:52 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Marcdachamp wrote:Strafe (Swoop)- Most likely to have his identity stolen

Swoop is Strafe now? I thought that was just his AoE counterpart of sorts. What's G1 Technobot Strafe called now then?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Genericon #378 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Can someone please list all the captions with their respective kreons in a post? Kinda blurry.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1052 Cvr E BHM Superman DC Comics DEC222904 1052E (CA) Randolph"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr G 1:25 Superman DC Comics 0423DC054 1056G (CA) Lopez"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #10 DC Comics 0523DC252 (A/CA) Brizuela (W) Cohen"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #138 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0823DC014 138D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Asamiya"
BATMAN #138 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Justice League MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE #1 DC Comics 1996 190529HM-JKY"
Justice League MID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #8 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Doherty 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #8 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YOUNG ROMANCE #125 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC214 (CA) Romita"
YOUNG ROMANCE #125 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0723DC022 137G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #137 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #2 Cvr C 1:25 DC Comics 1023DC041 2C Hairsine"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1052 Cvr D Superman DC Comics 2023 DEC222903 1052D (CA) Weeks"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 2 Villains Journey NEW 52 tpb DC Comics 0613DC116 Williams"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #688 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Wonder Woman COME BACK TO ME #3 (of 6) DC Comics 2019 (ca) Conner JUL190620"
Wonder Woman COME ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON