This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
kirbenvost wrote:One thing I was just thinking is that I love how a lot of these appear to be finished products, molded in the correct color plastic with paint apps, rather than fully-painted prototypes. Which *hopefully* means that we can expect the actual releases to look just like this, and not lose 1/4 of their paint apps on the way to production. And it might also mean that these will be released sooner than one would expect. :D

Cyclonus, RiD Jazz, and RiD Sideswipe were painted protos. Cyclonus didn't even have the combiner head built in yet :lol: But yeah, other than those, everything pretty much looked like a production model and that was very cool to see.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:20 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:I actually had MP Ultra Magnus on order and after seeing these pics, I asked if I could cancel it. Not that this one is better, but I cant justify getting 2 big Magnus toys that emulate a similar look, albeit different of course. And the combiner wars one will both be more compact, 75% less costly and fit with more of my toys. So it was a no brainer for me in this particular case. What I really feared was missing out on the engineering involved in turning a car carrier into a robot and this one fits that bill just fine.

On question though, who is minimus ambus?

Also, I find Defensor super bulky. Groove making the chest piece is a cool look but the whole combiner just seems too wide, especially his legs. And I do not like that Rook figure, whose hands are not working at all.

Love t=what they did with the other protectobots though.

DON'T DO IT!

Keep MP UM. You won't regret it wj88!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:On question though, who is minimus ambus?

Minimus Ambus is a character in the IDW comics:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Minimus_Ambus

It takes the idea of a "White Optimus Prime within Ultra Magnus" concept to a new level. I won't spoil the details for folks here, but the TF Wiki entry is pretty comprehensive.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:22 pm

william-james88 wrote:On question though, who is minimus ambus?

If you find out in the comics, you won't regret it for a second! More Than Meets the Eye is the bee's knees, the cream of the crop, the gold standard, the, well, go buy 'em!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fenrir72 wrote:
DON'T DO IT!

Keep MP UM. You won't regret it wj88!

Sorry to dissapoint Fenrir, its done. I preffer just getting this generations magnus for now and pay my bills properly (MP Magnus was going to cost me 210$ due to my location). He will make me wait till MP Magnus gets a more affordable US release, and even if he doesnt, I will be able to save up till then.

Also, I do have a softspot for more general release figures. They keep the brand grounded and price conscious. Its less collector oriented, sure, but it gives me an idea of where the brand is at for the kids getting into these toys now. Dont know if I am making any sense.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4504
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Official Hasbro Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
More official images directly from Hasbro are mirrored below, showing off some crisp clean (touched-up) shots of the Transformers Combiner Wars figures revealed today, featuring Defensor and the single Protectobots - First Aid, Alpha Bravo Blades, Rook, Hot Spot, Streetwise and Groove; the new leader Ultra Magnus, with Minimus Ambus, partsforming hammer and non-detachable cab; Silverbolt retool Voyager Cyclonus; Legend class Viper with Cobra insignia and Megatron retool Warpath!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Moosey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Goddamn everything looks so amazing! Especially Ultra Magnus. Really diggin the idw influence.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Video Review for Generations Combiner Wars Megatron

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Kal El, we now have the first video review of the Armada version of Generations Leader Megatron, which was previously reviewed here. The 2015 Toy Fair also allowed us to take a bunch of pictures of him for those interested in seeing more.

Kal El also has a review of the G1 deco version of Leader Megatron and will also be posting a comparison video. You can follow his reviews here.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Mechastrike » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 pm

FINALLY! an G1 accurate, no Optimus Prime look alike Ultra Magnus. gave those 3rd party people a run for their money.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures with Ultra Magnus' Hammer

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:While Seibertron.com has provided a bunch of photos of the newly announced Combiner Wars figures, showcased at the US Toy Fair, we now also have a video for you. The first video shows what was found on the showcase floor, which includes Defensor, Ultra Magnus and the new Legends figures. The second shows the assembly of Leader Magnus' Hammer.

I would like to point out that the first video PROVES what calmer heads (Shajaki and myself, among others) have been saying for weeks. Generations Devastator is NOT as tall as Generations Metroplex. The back of the box clearly says Devastator is 18 inches tall. Metroplex is just over 24 inches.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby ShardFenix » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:54 pm

The protectobots and Ultra Magnus look fantastic. I Might wait on Defensor instead of Dropping money on Superion.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Mechastrike wrote:FINALLY! an G1 accurate, no Optimus Prime look alike Ultra Magnus. gave those 3rd party people a run for their money.

Isn't that what the MP was?

Also, haha I was right, The protectobots' alt modes are definitely futuristic. I would not call Hot Spot's alt mode earth based. It's design is far more cybertronian.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby prjkt » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:59 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Hotspot reminds me of a stylised Airport fire truck, so yeah, I can see these as Earth modes, just kinda "futuristic" versions, rather than Cybertronian
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Flashwave » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:03 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Is it wrong of me to want to paint Minimus as Powered Buggy?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Gearslide » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:07 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
So of the Protectobots, Blades is a repaint of Alpha Bravo with a new head, Streetwise is a significant retooling of Dead End, and First Aid is a "reshelling" of Offroad, to the point that he barely resembles him at all.

They're very well done.
Gearslide
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby prjkt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:09 am

I love post-movie years.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:09 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Flashwave wrote:Is it wrong of me to want to paint Minimus as Powered Buggy?

If hasbro doesn't get to it first; then i'm damn skippy in a few years the club will repaint it as Powered Convoy.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:16 am

Motto: ""IF A MAN THINKETH, SO IS HE""
Weapon: Shotgun
That ultra magnus is Soooo mine.. I'm liking the detail in the protectobots when they are combined, except those wide thighs and feet. Way too thick and bulky, but wow, hasbro has stepped up their game
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3
Banned
Alt Mode: Diesel Truck
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 am

-Edward Hoagland"
william-james88 wrote:
Mechastrike wrote:FINALLY! an G1 accurate, no Optimus Prime look alike Ultra Magnus. gave those 3rd party people a run for their money.

Isn't that what the MP was?

Also, haha I was right, The protectobots' alt modes are definitely futuristic. I would not call Hot Spot's alt mode earth based. It's design is far more cybertronian.

I'd say they're pretty believably Earth-based. What's so Cybertronian about Blades? Rook doesn't look so much alien as utilitarian for a SWAT vehicle. First Aid is just an SUV. Streetwise is a little stylized, but lacks anything truly alien in his design. And has already been pointed out several times now, Hot Spot is based on an airport firetruck, like Sentinel Prime in Dark of the Moon.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby megatronus » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:30 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Do folks think that Minimus Ambus figure is new-Legends-sized (i.e. Powerglide, Skrapnel, etc.) or old-Legends-sized? His lack of elbow articulation would suggest the latter, but I really hope it's the former. Ambus is tiny, but not that tiny.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures with Ultra Magnus' Hammer

Postby shajaki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:33 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Wolfman Jake wrote:I would like to point out that the first video PROVES what calmer heads (Shajaki and myself, among others) have been saying for weeks. Generations Devastator is NOT as tall as Generations Metroplex. The back of the box clearly says Devastator is 18 inches tall. Metroplex is just over 24 inches.
its ok. we knew. we had math on our side :lol:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 am

This short video shows how minimus ambus hides away in Ultra Magnus

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Henry921 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
I don't like Rook's molded hands. I like being able to mix and match weapons between characters, so closed fists annoy me. :???: Still gonna get him, tho.

Viper does nothing for me (not a Joe fan) and while I love IDW Thundercracker, I'm not digging this particular retool. Suspect I'd also be into Voyager Cyclonus were it not for Silverbolt's tail sticking out the back, but I'm withholding judgment on him until I see who he's meant to combine with.

Buying:

EVERYTHING!!! Ultra Magnus, all of Defensor
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 am

-Edward Hoagland"
shajaki wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:I would like to point out that the first video PROVES what calmer heads (Shajaki and myself, among others) have been saying for weeks. Generations Devastator is NOT as tall as Generations Metroplex. The back of the box clearly says Devastator is 18 inches tall. Metroplex is just over 24 inches.
its ok. we knew. we had math on our side :lol:

*math fistbump*
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby prjkt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 am

megatronus wrote:Do folks think that Minimus Ambus figure is new-Legends-sized (i.e. Powerglide, Skrapnel, etc.) or old-Legends-sized? His lack of elbow articulation would suggest the latter, but I really hope it's the former. Ambus is tiny, but not that tiny.

Maybe this is the Minimus from within the Minimus armour that's in the Ultra Magnus armour...

But yeah he looks tiny. Joint size, paint apps and lack of wheels kinda hint at that.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #2 Marvel Comics 2021 DEC200554 (CA) Finch (W) Kelly"
NON-STOP SPIDER-MA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 0323DC857 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #135 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 JAN233224 2A (W) Williamson (A/CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #4 Marvel Comics 2021 APR210903 (CA) Finch (W) Kelly"
NON-STOP SPIDER-MA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #89 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210937 (CA) Adams 231117A"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #13 var Timeless Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230948 (W/A) Ottley (CA) Ross"
HULK #13 var Timel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC043 5B (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SUPERMAN #3 DC Comics 2019 (A/CA) Marquez (W) Williamson 230915A"
BATMAN SUPERMAN #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr H Dark Knight Returns foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC807 140H"
BATMAN #140 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC201 1073F (CA) Simmonds"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #89 var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210938 (CA) Gleason 220718A"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0923DC074 139G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Schmidt"
BATMAN #139 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #8 DC Comics 0323DC218 (A/CA) Owen (W) Fisch"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #184 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON