This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Pictures from Super Festival 67 Pretender Starscream reissue

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Pictures from Super Festival 67 Pretender Starscream reissue

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Japanese hobby show Super Festival 67 took place last week-end and transfan Autobase Auchi took some pictures and posted them on his facebook page.

The pictures show us the upcoming Goshooter (from the nightbeat mold) and Souki (from the Astrotrain mold) figures, as well as Super Deformed Optimus Prime and Rodimus, the later of which was never shown before.

There were also some original unlettered pages from the Transformers: The Headmasters manga on display.

Another item of great interest is a box featuring a seemingly faceless reissue of the Starscream Pretender toy.

Mirrored images can be found below.

Could this be the begining of Pretender reissues? Let us know what your thoughts are in the Energon Pub!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Pictures from Super Festival 67 Pretender Starscream reissue

Postby Adam_Adamant » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Wasn't the Pretender Starscream image just a bit of fun (guests could put their head through the opening and appear as 'Starscream'). Didn't think it hinted at reissues (hope to be proven wrong though)!
* This man is the one *
Adam_Adamant
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Adam_Adamant wrote:Wasn't the Pretender Starscream image just a bit of fun (guests could put their head through the opening and appear as 'Starscream'). Didn't think it hinted at reissues (hope to be proven wrong though)!

Oh I totally didnt get that. I didnt see it as a 2 d picture but as a box. That makes WAY more sense! Thanks
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RhA » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I would love some reissue love for the pretenders. But I don't think we're going to be that lucky.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Bounti76 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
RhA wrote:I would love some reissue love for the pretenders. But I don't think we're going to be that lucky.

You never know. I thought they'd never do Fortress Maximus, but we got him. Come to think of it, we haven't gotten an Encore release since Fort Max, and that was almost two years ago. Pretender Starscream is an odd choice for that, you'd think they'd use something newer, or Bumblebee, everyone's favorite.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
If they were to do a reissue of a pretender figure, they'd probably go with Grimlock right now.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Bounti76 wrote:
RhA wrote:I would love some reissue love for the pretenders. But I don't think we're going to be that lucky.

You never know. I thought they'd never do Fortress Maximus, but we got him. Come to think of it, we haven't gotten an Encore release since Fort Max, and that was almost two years ago. Pretender Starscream is an odd choice for that, you'd think they'd use something newer, or Bumblebee, everyone's favorite.

You know, there is that Hero Set that was released in Japan, basically a gift set of the four Classic Pretenders without the shells. In other words: Japan never got Classic Pretender shells. I could actually see TakaraTomy release them with the shells as a special.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Samsonator » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Just throwin' this out there, but what if they do reissue Pretenders, then reissue a particular pretender shell to pair with a repaint of their previously released Encore Fortress Maximus?
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Railbomb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
How big are the classic pretenders cause I couldn't see them reissuing them individually unless they're as big as Optimus' cab with the shell on them but I could be wrong. And if they do start reissuing pretenders they better do Thunderwing with the G1 matrix accessory in green.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Railbomb wrote: And if they do start reissuing pretenders they better do Thunderwing with the G1 matrix accessory in green.
Me second this sentiment! Thanks to Animated and DOTM, several Sentinel Prime toys have come into existence, so it's high time we got an accurate toy of that which first dropped said name.

And this is more of a pipe dream than even the most obscure Pretender reissue, but did some cosplayer at this Festival put their face through Starscream's shell's cutout while in full Cobra Commander costume? Please oh please let a pic emerge...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That manga has me more curious than anything.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am

Bumblevivisector wrote:
Railbomb wrote: And if they do start reissuing pretenders they better do Thunderwing with the G1 matrix accessory in green.
Me second this sentiment! Thanks to Animated and DOTM, several Sentinel Prime toys have come into existence, so it's high time we got an accurate toy of that which first dropped said name.

And this is more of a pipe dream than even the most obscure Pretender reissue, but did some cosplayer at this Festival put their face through Starscream's shell's cutout while in full Cobra Commander costume? Please oh please let a pic emerge...

If we are talking about reissuing pretenderr and later G1 related stuff, I think the number 1 priority should be G1 Overlord. That's my dream reissue for sure.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RhA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 am

Sabrblade wrote:That manga has me more curious than anything.

Since those are old pages, I don't think it's more than 'on display'. Maybe it's just because of the Shouki toy.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Could the Starscream thing be something to do with Play with this Too? As part of their crowd funding campaign you can purchase the right to have your face sculpted as part of their Jetstrike (pretender Starscream) figure.
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner

Postby RhA » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 am

Primacron's Little Helper wrote:Could the Starscream thing be something to do with Play with this Too? As part of their crowd funding campaign you can purchase the right to have your face sculpted as part of their Jetstrike (pretender Starscream) figure.

Very unlikely. When Takara does anything with a 3rd party, they'll announce it and those companies are usually Japanese.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KILLADELPHIA #32 Cvr B Noir Edition Image Comics 1123IM841 32B (CA) Alexander"
KILLADELPHIA #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERFORCE #1 30th Anniv Ed Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220085 1A (CA) Silvestri"
CYBERFORCE #1 30th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #348 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM448 348A (W) McConville (CA) Carlos"
SPAWN #348 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #48 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 AUG220254 48C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #64 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230313 64B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM315 7C (CA) Darboe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2020 JUL200237 8B (CA) Stegman"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM447 23B (CA) Tomaselli (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #8 Cvr B Image Comics MAR220223 8B (CA) Blank Sketch 230531A"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Deathblow Cybernary #1 Image Comics 1993 (A/CA) Lee (W) Choi 240317A"
NEW!
Deathblow Cybernar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON